Dee Barnes speaks. "me and the other women Dr. Dre beat up."

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
there are a lot of contrarian "issues" popping up around this movie, but dre being able to erase his past is pure bullshyt. dee has a right to speak up, she's spoken out about this before, but of course it's going to come up now that there is a film revisiting the era that this happened in. she'd look stupid writing this article in 2010 when no one is discussing the past, but with SOC, we are discussing that exact era and revisiting these men from back then. the way yall are dismissing the victim is ridiculous.
What issues and controversies surrounding this film, would you label contrarian?

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Read that whole article She probably did get her ass beat, but she's also attention whoring. And that migraine bullshyt? She trying to set up another lawsuit? :camby:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
If they'd included it, I think the whole film from that point forward would've had to been centered around domestic violence. Folks would've been mad either way, because of the trajectory of Dre's career after the incident. People would want the movie to end with Dre getting some sort of karma payback, even though none of the sort happened immediately after the Dee Barnes incident.

EXACTLY, its not that they want us to forget it, it just doesn't fit in with this type of film. This movie is about the impact this groups music made on the industry in a time when no one cared about rap music. The was about how they were the first people to speak about about how the police treated black people and how life was in L.A. This was not a biopic of Dr. Dre, this was not about that incident, this was about the MUSIC.. but we live in the "age of outrage" so it is what it is.

there are a lot of contrarian "issues" popping up around this movie, but dre being able to erase his past is pure bullshyt. dee has a right to speak up, she's spoken out about this before, but of course it's going to come up now that there is a film revisiting the era that this happened in. she'd look stupid writing this article in 2010 when no one is discussing the past, but with SOC, we are discussing that exact era and revisiting these men from back then. the way yall are dismissing the victim is ridiculous.

Naw man, if she had been public about this every time dre has done something through out the years then I would understand.. But she has been quiet for 20 years now, during the fake outrage era, people are trying to shine some light on it, just to shyt on the movie... Like we should feel bad or not support this movie cuz this part of one characters life wasn't shown.... I am sure all the members did some fukked up shyt that wasn't portrayed in the movie, but nobody cares about that..

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I read the piece and it was done well in my opinion. It was more about Dee Barnes watching the film and seeing how they would portray it, if at all. She was pretty fair and didn't seem bitter at all, but she just keeping shyt real about how fukked her life has been. She even said they shouldn't have shown it, but they should have still somehow acknowledge Dre's actions against women in the movie in some form. It's fukked up that her whole life got ruined for some shyt she didn't have nothing to do with. Like she got her ass whooped is one thing, but the worst part is she was blackballed from the industry, when she wasn't even the person that created the situation between Cube & NWA. She tried to get them to not use the footage.

Dre's a fukk boy for not making the shyt right by at least apologizing and letting her live after he knew the full truth.
I agree. Reading the article, made me kinda sad how she was black balled. She had an incredible career ahead of her, that was basically ruined not by her own doing, but by Dre whooping her butt. That's like the ultimate insult to injury. You get beaten up, and you get blackballed because folks had to choose sides, and the abuser has monetary leverage to make folks choose him. It was Gary Grey, Dre and their guilty conscious that kept her out of opportunities going forward.

I still loved Straight Outta Compton thoooooooo!!

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I think people are feeling some type of way about any time something big is happening to a brother, they need to pull out all the dirt they can find about him. As if the underlying actions in the dirt is irrelevant but in fact they are just trying to shyt on the person in question. These stories from 20-25 years ago have been reported more than all the royalties from the soundtrack going to charity in Compton. What's most relevant?

What Dre did to her was super wack along with all the other wack shyt he might've done.

And just like that...A film that has the potential to discuss Black business, dirty dealing Jews in the music industry and police brutality comes right back to Amerikkkas favorite topic..

The violent barbaric male negro...

Good job Black Feminists, liberals and New Blacks.. Yall have been used as pawns again...

Maybe we can get Obama to denounce Cube, Dre or F Gary by the weeks end...

:ohhh:

EXACTLY, we need to be more calculated out here. I swear black people hate seeing other black people shining. We sit here and complain aobut how white washed Hollywood is, and how our only successful movies are depictions of us during slavery. We always complain that our history is never shown during the positive shyt we have done. But as soon as we get recognized for doing something good, here go the fake outrage trying to make the black man look bad. So we want this in the light so "the white people can not want to do business with us anymore?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
regardless whether yall think its opportunistic or not: Dre did viciously beat her and a few other women.
Was the Terrie B beating ever confirmed? Dee said it happened in front of a bunch of A-List celebrities, but I don't know.. I know the Michel'le beatings happened. No doubt about it. He abused her pretty badly.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh this is a movie, not a book, or expose by the New York Times

The format didn't even allow MC Ren to get his full due, and he was the groups CO-Lead writer and vocalist....Yall really tripping that Yo-Yo and Rage didn't get their proper shine?

only part of the article i c/s is that she is speaking about what happened to her and how it affected her. and i dont want to pour cold water on it even though i dont trust Gawkers motivation at all, they slimy and using her. Im happy for her to speak her truth though.

the stuff about women not been shown in the movie? thats pure feminism where women must be acknowledge at all times, no matter how little the public know about them. smh.

Rage? Jewel? shyt Snoop only had a lil cameo an he was a superstar.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
There was to many inaccuracy and duck-tales in the film to even care about putting Dr. Dre punching women in the movie.:yeshrug:

btw, people who did not watch the film out of political reasons but yet complain about Dre not slapping women in the film, were you going to watch the film if they did?:dead:
Elaborate on the duck tales... And not the little obvious ones like the origin of "Bye Felicia". Give me hardcore pivotal moments that were duck tales.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I lived around them nikkas, Dre wasn't doing none of that shyt spare me I know first hand, and neither was Cube.
The movie never presented cube or Dre as gangsters. Like at all. They even had a funny moment in the film where Lonzo mocks Cube and Dre for not really being bout that life, and praising Eazy for really being about the thug life. Dre and Cube were portrayed pretty honestly it seems(with a pinch of movie hyperbole).

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once again, the amount of :cape:I see pro-black posters doing for Dre is absolutely ridiculous.

Dr. Dre is a c00n. An incredibly talented c00n who has made some of the best music in hip hop history, but a c00n nonetheless. His actions throughout the years have consistently indicated he does not give a fukk about black people, or our issues.

To all the pro-black posters claiming we should not attack a successful black public figure regardless of his actions, Clarence Thomas was a black man in a position of power who was attacked by white folks for abusing a black woman as well. Did ya'll :cape:for him as well?

Would ya'll feel the same way if Dre was a black woman with a white husband who routinely shytted on and abused black men through her actions and art in real life?

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Only men of color are expected to pay for life for the mistakes they've made. :heh:

Charlie Sheen shot a bytch and with him it's

"Shucks. That darn Charlie :troll:"

FOH :camby:
Let Dre eat. It happened 20 years ago what do you want from the man. Move on :upsetfavre:
This. You don't see people bringing up Sean Penn holding Madonna hostage and beating her for 9 hours when they were married anytime he drops a new movie.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
End of the day Dre himself even copped to it and admit he made horrible mistakes.

There really isnt no other way to resolve unless he has a sit down with Dee on the situation or contributes to some sort of women against abuse foundation and even then people will say its contrived.

Dee has the right to speak on it continually too and at the same time you've got to have the perspective and hope that the Dre of 1991 aint the same Dre of 2015. There's a lot of people on either side who dont wanna hear the objective view on it too.