Dee Barnes speaks. "me and the other women Dr. Dre beat up."

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Since when does someone's story have "everything" that they've ever done included in it? The point of the biopic is to showcase triumphs and things that people have overcome.

:heh: :laff: at wanting a random cut scene of Dre beating a woman :mjlol:

Point is him beating her is more important to her story than it is to his. To him it was a mistake that should have never happened. And I'm sure one that he regrets.

To her it was a "heartbreak and trauma that took years to overcome"

That's fine. And understandable.

She should put that in HER biopic :camby: not that she's important enough to have one though :smugcud:
What does that have to do with the truth?

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Because it's not included doesn't mean that he's hiding it. It just means it wasn't included. And last time I checked, this movie is the NWA story. Not the Dr Dre story

:usure:

this is more of a dre/cube move than an nwa flick.

besides, the dee barnes situation WAS AN NWA THING. it was at the center of the ice cube/nwa beef.

so they didnt have time to show any of those instances of dre putting his hands on women, but they had time to show all these ducktales of dre supposedly knocking out suge's goons.

and smh. bun b is the south's busta rhymes.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I don't know if he did:yeshrug:
I've seen it. He's clearly remorseful. Became a better man and is on his way to being a millionaires

Let white america tell it, and the only way he can pay his debt to society is to give 66% of his wealth to a organization for battered women.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
there are a lot of contrarian "issues" popping up around this movie, but dre being able to erase his past is pure bullshyt. dee has a right to speak up, she's spoken out about this before, but of course it's going to come up now that there is a film revisiting the era that this happened in. she'd look stupid writing this article in 2010 when no one is discussing the past, but with SOC, we are discussing that exact era and revisiting these men from back then. the way yall are dismissing the victim is ridiculous.

yep.

and i just want you to know that i would never beat you.

I'm sure he has apologized TO HER.

He's supposed to apologize to the world? Did he beat every woman in the world, or just her?

lol @ "just her"

he beat up a grip of broads.

look at michel'les nose.

I've seen it. He's clearly remorseful. Became a better man and is on his way to being a millionaires

Let white america tell it, and the only way he can pay his debt to society is to give 66% of his wealth to a organization for battered women.

remorseful how?

he never even apologized.

only reason he half-ass addressed it recently is because he got cornered by them white folks at rolling stone magazine.:laugh:

Last edited:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
She didn't, read the article, she said it would be to painful too watch. She is shocked that none of that shyt is mentioned at all, not even glossed over. When everyone knew Dre was out here beating bytches for sport.
Does she want the issue to be honestly addressed or not? From reading the article I'm confused...

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
because it happened and should have been added, this isn't some minor detail. It's ok to show his pretend violence against men but they fail to include his violence to women, Dre was a SERIAL woman beater.
And? That's his past. And probably didn't fit the theme of the movie. It is an adaptation you know?

He shouldn't have to pay forever for that. And it's okay to have someone who's made mistakes be showcased in a positive light:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Some of you nikkas is weirdos how much yall hate women. Lmao nikkas ain't getting no p*ssy so they hate the entire gender.

"But but why Dee Barnes mentioning it now" she always mentioned it dumb fukks. It's just a bigger deal 24 years later because they're making a movie about the group. Geniuses.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of you nikkas is weirdos how much yall hate women. Lmao nikkas ain't getting no p*ssy so they hate the entire gender.

"But but why Dee Barnes mentioning it now" she always mentioned it dumb fukks. It's just a bigger deal 24 years later because they're making a movie about the group. Geniuses.

I don't think they understand that she's talked about it before.