Dee Barnes speaks. "me and the other women Dr. Dre beat up."

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
So Dre beat her ass for no reason, got her blackballed, and every time he's confronted about it says the story was exaggerated.

But y'all mad at her for just talking about it and how it affected her life:dahell:.

dudes were running around on Twitter flat out attacking women earlier, telling them they need to be worried about white supremacy and cops, "we finally got a successful movie that's not about slavery and y'all trying bring a Black man down"

shyt is just sad.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Does she want the issue to be honestly addressed or not? From reading the article I'm confused...
Like one of the poster said, she was pivotal in the cube vs NWA beef, how is she not mentioned at all in the incident? There is "No Vaseline" without Dee Barnes. She wrote an article detailing pivotal roles women played in the forming or an intricate part of NWA and they weren't mentioned at all. That was the point of the article how distorted the revisionist history is about Straight out of Compton. Tairre B, YoYo, M'chel le', ect.... These women are in the bricks of the foundation as well as Jewell and Lady of Rage.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Since when does someone's story have "everything" that they've ever done included in it? The point of the biopic is to showcase triumphs and things that people have overcome.

:heh: :laff: at wanting a random cut scene of Dre beating a woman :mjlol:

Point is him beating her is more important to her story than it is to his. To him it was a mistake that should have never happened. And I'm sure one that he regrets.

To her it was a "heartbreak and trauma that took years to overcome"
That's the harsh reality...It sounds cruel but it's true..

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Dre was a gangster doing gangster things, the people don't care bout how they were treating other black men or how certain cats poisoned communities with drugs and on. shyt Jay even said he shot his own brother and cats were meh. But if they were homophobic or misogynists 20 years ago, well then there is a real problem with these people :francis:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Like one of the poster said, she was pivotal in the cube vs NWA beef, how is she not mentioned at all in the incident? There is "No Vaseline" without Dee Barnes. She wrote an article detailing pivotal roles women played in the forming or an intricate part of NWA and they weren't mentioned at all. That was the point of the article how distorted the revisionist history is about Straight out of Compton. Tairre B, YoYo, M'chel le', ect.... These women are in the bricks of the foundation as well as Jewell and Lady of Rage.
Breh this is a movie, not a book, or expose by the New York Times

The format didn't even allow MC Ren to get his full due, and he was the groups CO-Lead writer and vocalist....Yall really tripping that Yo-Yo and Rage didn't get their proper shine?

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
yep.

and i just want you to know that i would never beat you.

lol @ "just her"

he beat up a grip of broads.

look at michel'les nose.

remorseful how?

he never even apologized.

only reason he half-ass addressed it recently is because he got cornered by them white folks at rolling stone magazine.:laugh:
did you read the OP article?? She CLEARLY says that they have seen each other and they were cordial. She actually seemed MORE pissed at Cube. A lot of you nikkas just skim through shyt.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
The format didn't even allow MC Ren to get his full due, and he was the groups CO-Lead writer and vocalist....Yall really tripping that Yo-Yo and Rage didn't get their proper shine?

pretend that cube & dre give a dam about mc ren getting his just due brehs.

im surprised yo-yo didnt get a quick shout.

but jj fad shouldve definitely been on there.

did you read the OP article?? She CLEARLY says that they have seen each other and they were cordial. She actually seemed MORE pissed at Cube. A lot of you nikkas just skim through shyt.

MAN DOWN

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This was a pretty big incident at the time this happened. Yeah him beating on a couple of women was definitely something that should have at least been alluded to in this biopic.

And yes, Dre probably has matured as a man and is sorry (hopefully) for what he did. But that doesn't mean she doesn't have the right to bring it up now, 2010, or whenever.

I'm sure there are some other agendas taking place by certain media outlets bringing this info up.

Regardless, she was assaulted pretty bad by a man. And her career was never the same. She has a right to be mad.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
:what:
So did you not see what she said and you now trying save face or what :francis:

:dahell:

that was me giving you props and saying that i fall back.

but thats not saying much tho. of course hes gonna be cordial. he beat her ass and she took em to court. plus, he blackballed her so he couldnt have been too sorry.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Dre was a gangster doing gangster things, the people don't care bout how they were treating other black men or how certain cats poisoned communities with drugs and on. shyt Jay even said he shot his own brother and cats were meh. But if they were homophobic or misogynists 20 years ago, well then there is a real problem with these people :francis:
That's the biggest misconception. Andre Young was not a gangster period. In my opinion he did all that extra shyt because he thought that's how gangsters act.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Some of you nikkas is weirdos how much yall hate women. Lmao nikkas ain't getting no p*ssy so they hate the entire gender.

"But but why Dee Barnes mentioning it now" she always mentioned it dumb fukks. It's just a bigger deal 24 years later because they're making a movie about the group. Geniuses.

wow, right on point @FreshAIG :wow: