Dee Barnes speaks. "me and the other women Dr. Dre beat up."

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Why would you want people to see you getting your ass whooped in a blockbuster film? What type of legacy is that to leave your children?

:dahell:
You don't know? :usure:
-Start a conversation on how Black men don't respect black women,
-Feminists hop on it but spin it to the hip-hop community doesn't respect any women at all and the music is misogynistic
-Feminists call for mass boycotts of the movie
-The black women aspect gets thrown to the bushes by this point.:mjpls:
-Trendhopping celebrities hop onboard and start bashing the movie for retweets,and fighting for fake justice..
-Media jumps on the story
-Dialogue about rap music and violence towards woman get opened up again
-Derail the movie.

:ahh:

:francis:

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
She has....cot damn how young are some of ya'll.

She's spoken out about it consistently and she's gotten blackballed as a result. That's the part you Dre defenders keep missing, not only did he beat her a*s and never owned up to it but the industry pretty much punished her for trying to shed light on it

and its hilarious how some of ya'll are calling us punks, simps for defending Dee when ya'll are caping for a near billionaire as if he's a poor fukkin victim :mjlol:Dr. Dre is doing just fine ya'll. The man survived disses and slander from Tim Dog, Ice Cube, Eazy E, Uncle Luke, Pac and Suge. a little criticism from blogs ain't gonna destroy him
My apologies then. Thought she was on some attention whore bs :yeshrug:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People ask me, “How come you’re not on TV anymore?” and “How come you’re not back on television?” It’s not like I haven’t tried. I was blacklisted. Nobody wants to work with me. They don’t want to affect their relationship with Dre. I’ve been told directly and indirectly, “I can’t work with you.” I auditioned for the part that eventually went to Kimberly Elise in Set It Off. Gary was the director. This was long after Pump it Up!, and I nailed the audition. Gary came out and said, “I can’t give you the part.” I asked him why, and he said, “‘Cause I’m casting Dre as Black Sam.” My heart didn’t sink, I didn’t get emotional; I was just numb.

:ohhh:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Stop being disingenuous man...

The faces of domestic violence and female abuse in this country are ALL Black males..

Ike Turner
OJ Simpson
Chris Brown
Ray Rice

To try to compare the amount of scrutiny that Sean Penn and these others receive with Black males is just patently dishonest...

At the end of the day when the history books are written. The face of rape will be Bill Cosby, the face of domestic violence will be Ray Rice, the face of pedophilia will be Michael Jackson, the face of infidelity will be Tiger Woods...All though men of all races have been guilty of these offenses for thousands of years. A historical profile is being established...It's the same machine that promotes the myth that more Blacks are on welfare or users or crack cocaine...

And naïve n1ggas stay carrying the water for the agenda...Yeah these niche feminist groups are the same ones that criticize Sheen and Penn...But the major difference is the main stream media lives by a code where they protect their A-List stars. They did the same thing in sports media with Bobby Cox from the Braves..

Just as an example.. Dre and Eminem both have a history of abusing and beating women right?.. Watch how both of them are covered going forward...

:mjpls:

:rudy:

I would strongly suggest actually going around and reading what's said of Penn, Gibson, Sheen.
Those examples you gave of black celebs all also had their crimes caught out in public ways through their own fukk ups, so that's part of the scrutiny.

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's keep it funky NWA's attitude towards women was dismissive at best and downright unnecessarily violent at its worst. No one wants to talk about it because it the group would lose some of its sheen and people would give pause especially to guys like Ice Cube who now have images as family men, this is why I'm not greatly interested in hip-hop biopics because they always clean up the messy parts of their stories as opposed to owning up to it.

Dee Barnes has been trying to get her sided of the story out but she had been silenced. That sort of incident would have hurt the groups popularity at the time and for what was not even her fault she got blackballed out the industry. Dee Barnes does not really sound all that bitter even though (not as much as she should be). I mean she has been the butt of industry jokes for 2 decades.

Dre should have apologized for that, imo, he was wrong for what he did.

Side Note: I didn't know that F Gary Gray has her camera man on Pump it Up

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Only men of color are expected to pay for life for the mistakes they've made. :heh:

Charlie Sheen shot a bytch and with him it's

"Shucks. That darn Charlie :troll:"

FOH :camby:
Let Dre eat. It happened 20 years ago what do you want from the man. Move on :upsetfavre:

Sheen antics have hurt his career severely, people labeled him the next Marlon Brando when he was on the come up. Hell you could argue his antics have hurt him now (relatively).

This. You don't see people bringing up Sean Penn holding Madonna hostage and beating her for 9 hours when they were married anytime he drops a new movie.

Sean Penn is heralded as a great actor but he's been known to be a piece of shyt off stage in every way. Even before he married Madonna.

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
And? That's his past. And probably didn't fit the theme of the movie. It is an adaptation you know?

He shouldn't have to pay forever for that. And it's okay to have someone who's made mistakes be showcased in a positive light:

Your youth is showing in these posts.

What a terrible, and ignorant post to make. So because it was done in the past, it's apparently alright to be an unremorseful woman beater? It's alright, we can look the other way because he's "grown up" and "he shouldn't have to pay forever for that." WHEN DID HE "PAY" for it?

If someone beat the shyt out of your mother, or sister, it'd be another story, but let's forgive him because he's famous and we can't possibly have a black artist look bad, so we'll sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened. Beating women is acceptable, if you did it in your youth, right?

You should stay "retired" on this topic, you're spewing nonsense my child.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
While I think its sad what happened to her.

While I think it should have been in the movie.

While I think its a great read.

I think she sort of double talks in the piece.

At the beginning of the article.

At the end of the article

\

I know she mentions "allude to it"

But I think that really wouldnt have worked in the film. Either they had to show it completely or people would have complained about it being downplayed.

You hit the nail on the head,they could've kept it 100,and showed Dre beat her up,while NWA made jokes about it,and the rest o the hiphop generation didn't really give a shyt at the time....But then everybody would've complained and said they glossed over domestic violence....well that shyt was glossed over back when it happened so they would just be accurate:troll:

Did they want some fake scene where Dre was remorseful?Or where Dre suffered consequences for beating any o these women...maybe if he took beating women as a joke and it finally caught up to em,or even karma that would've been something to add to the movie for character building...But the man got probation:francis:,or nothing happened to him:francis:

Went on to be more rich and more famous after all of this,if having all these beatings get attention now is supposed to be Dres "consequence",okay fine,continue to lash out ladies...but you a little bit late aint you:dahell:?Dre done got a million endorsements and reached a billion dollars:mindblown:

But no it shouldn't have been in the movie unless it was supposed to be in there as a comedic moment,because that's really all it was in real time...It was a member of NWA doing what NWA's do:mjlol:

And Michelle dated him after the Dee Barnes shyt I believe,hard to feel that bad for her.

Giselle

Daps
Yeah your going to wait this long to speak about it fukk outta here.

She didn't wait this long. Many people have spoken about it before. It was well known that they abused many of the women around them.

there are a lot of contrarian "issues" popping up around this movie, but dre being able to erase his past is pure bullshyt. dee has a right to speak up, she's spoken out about this before, but of course it's going to come up now that there is a film revisiting the era that this happened in. she'd look stupid writing this article in 2010 when no one is discussing the past, but with SOC, we are discussing that exact era and revisiting these men from back then. the way yall are dismissing the victim is ridiculous.
I haven't seen the movie yet, but did they put the rapes and jumps by suge knight's guys in the movie?

Forlife44

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was young and is a grown man now. You think he should lose everything he's worked for over something that happened over 20 years ago?! It's not like this was some secret, and people are just finding out something they didn't know about Dre. They just had to find something wrong with these brothas once they saw how successful the movie was going to be. I won't allow them to let me fall for the okey doke but If you all want to go right ahead.

Deadman187

All Star
Daps
He was young and is a grown man now. You think he should lose everything he's worked for over something that happened over 20 years ago?! It's not like this was some secret, and people are just finding out something they didn't know about Dre. They just had to find something wrong with these brothas once they saw how successful the movie was going to be. I won't allow them to let me fall for the okey doke but If you all want to go right ahead.

nikka he was 26 when it happened, thats a grown ass man :what:

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The hype of the movie and the movie itself is what sparked conversations about the real life events that took place, Dee Barnes is naturally a part of that conversation and omitting what happened to her from the movie is exactly why this discussion is being had in the first place.

No she fukkin ain't :childplease:

No one seriously gave a shyt about it back then. I mean no one, child :yeshrug:
It clearly wasn't a big deal for Dre's career so why does it need to be added in the film? :comeon:

Dee Barnes is/was married to ricky harris who played the voice of Tadow on the Doggystyle record. He's snoop's cousin. He AND snoop BOTH were paid by dre :sas1:
I wonder if she was still mad while she spent that money dre paid her husband :sas2:

Again, JUSTICE WAS SERVED ALREADY. He was found guilty and already went to jail and/or paid fines so it's OVER. This bytch is just lookin for somethin to do or somethin to spend :snoop: