Dee Barnes speaks. "me and the other women Dr. Dre beat up."

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
He literally beat the shyt out of her for no reason then lied about it. I'm not :cape: for that no matter how successful Dre is or how long ago it was.

Also you have to have ADD to not be able to celebrate a well done successful movie but also not speak about social issues at the same time. You can do both and if you can't don't get mad at the rest of us who can.
:wow:

Truth breh. nikkas really don't understand mutual exclusivity :laff:

I celebrate the fact that the movie was made by black men, starred black men, and was supported in droves by black folk. :blessed:

But the Dee bullshyt CANNOT be ignored. And funny thing is i read that back in 98 when i bought this book

Btw aside from the authors clear slants the book is entertaining as fukk

51AfKjuSmAL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
A person who was abused does not need to provide a reason why they are talking about it just to satisfy you or anyone else. It happened so she has every right to talk about it.
I disagree :manny:

She wants that check. And I hope she doesn't get it :smugcud:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dudes in here questioning if this is prep for another lawsuit, do you dumb nikkas not realize how legal settlements work? I swear reading posts on women on this board is the embodiment of Nas's "Ether" lyrics, y'all are carrying around a lot of baggage from your interactions(or lack of) with women, shyt is a bad look.

sun raw

All Star
Daps
know what would've been real mature? if in a movie that he had a huge hand in making, dre had been okay with including the dee barnes assault

being willing to show his history of abuse, his past weakness of character, that would've been some mature shyt

plus look at how many people still don't know about it or think that barnes is just talking right now and hasn't been saying this shyt for 25 years

also there's no contradiction between thinking that soc was a good movie and thinking that barnes has been done wrong ever since the get-go

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dre a bytch nikka but it what it is. Should have said something when the incident happened. Instead of waiting for years :yeshrug:

She has....cot damn how young are some of ya'll.

She's spoken out about it consistently and she's gotten blackballed as a result. That's the part you Dre defenders keep missing, not only did he beat her a*s and never owned up to it but the industry pretty much punished her for trying to shed light on it

and its hilarious how some of ya'll are calling us punks, simps for defending Dee when ya'll are caping for a near billionaire as if he's a poor fukkin victim :mjlol:Dr. Dre is doing just fine ya'll. The man survived disses and slander from Tim Dog, Ice Cube, Eazy E, Uncle Luke, Pac and Suge. a little criticism from blogs ain't gonna destroy him

88TwoInfinity

Rookie
Daps
I don't even remember why this occurred. Dre best her up for no reason? Did she say something? Did she do something? Why did he do it beyond being an a$$hole?
As shown in the opening post, Dee Barnes hosted a rap video show called Pump It Up ( she was also part of a L.A. rap group called Body & Soul, who rapped on the song "We're All In The Same Gang", which is how she even knew and got cool with Dre and NWA in the first place).

So in the interview, Cube dissed NWA.

Later that month on her show she did an interview with NWA, and prior to it her producer thought it would be funny if they spliced in the previous footage of Ice Cube dissing them on the show. She claims she told him "NO! Don't do that, you're going to get me killed! They're gonna think I did that!" But the producer did it anyway and that's why Dre beat her up.

48and0

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
dudes were running around on Twitter flat out attacking women earlier, telling them they need to be worried about white supremacy and cops, "we finally got a successful movie that's not about slavery and y'all trying bring a Black man down"

shyt is just sad.
shut up fakkit, these black bytches are clearly jealous of a black mans success and want to take him down. This always happens they usually start off by slandering the famous successful black man by claiming that he's gay, then they go into full attack mode. Stop simping p*ssy :camby:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
shut up fakkit, these black bytches are clearly jealous of a black mans success and want to take him down. This always happens they usually start off by slandering the famous successful black man by claiming that he's gay, then they go into full attack mode. Stop simping p*ssy :camby:

Exhibit A

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exhibit A

dude is clearly a lil too radical on this point. but there is a hint of truth in there. gawker is not to be trusted, ever. they are about hits and clicks, hence why they brought up dee barnes this close to the film opening. if not, they would have championed her before the hype arrived. dee barnes has every right to say what she wants, what happened was messed up and she can speak on it any which way. but i’ll never c/s gawker and its legendary fukkery. thats a webiste that outed a closeted gay dude just for the lolz and clicks. no morals whatseoevr. they bout as credible as TMZ.