De'Aundre Bonds: I Cried After Doing The Scene Giving A Man H**d In “Lockdown” It Wasn’t Real. I Regret Doing Scene.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe ask for a Stunt double... I mean I haven't seen it but was there a close up of his face or something? How do women get stunt doubles?

I doubt he had any pull for them to waste time with that either…he could easily be replaced and he probably realized that and did it bcuz that’s what a “good” actor does (I’m using the word “good” facetiously just to be clear to everyone and not directed at you)

I’m betting his regret lies in making that decision for the benefit of his career at the time and ultimately realizing it wasn’t worth it in hindsight

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
It is a classic hood movie

:yeshrug:

no-it-aint-mr-brown.gif

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yeah, some scenes they just couldn't pay me enough to do. Getting beat up on screen ain't shyt, it's another for a man to go out like THAT. I remember watching that scene like WTF :scust: :what: . Couldn't believe what I was seeing. Same thing with the David Aceveda scene in The Shield, although it didn't affect him nearly as much as dude here. Deandre was literally some white supremacist's blow up doll in the movie so that's even worse.

Foul thing is, once you do that kind of scene, that will always be at the back of people's minds no matter what roles you do afterwards, especially if you're not an already established A list actor. You just can't scrub that from people's minds and they won't look at you the same afterwards.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukk all this shyt and fukk the jokes.

The movie kept me out of jail.

Like this was around the Oz era.

Where I won’t say that movie glorified prison. But kinda made prison feel fun and a lot cooler than it should’ve been at times. On some “if I do this, I can survive and be fine in here for 5-15”

But this movie was raw, Prison is PRISON. It’s not supposed to be fun.

yeah it was a pretty fukked up movie…it showed how easy it can be for black men to get railroaded and thrown into the system…it made me think about some of the friends I had growing up and had at the time I saw the movie, and just how easily I could’ve been thrown in jail/prison simply being associated with the wrong ppl even tho I personally didn’t do anything

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Apart from that though, I'm glad it shows the reality of prison. The scene when Avery told his girl "please don't visit me anymore because it just reminds me of the things I can't have in life" really hit.

Also, it shows why you need to be careful of the company you keep. Just cos you grew up with somebody doesn't mean they need to be around you. If it wasn't for Cashmere's stupid ass none of that would have happened.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Foul thing is, once you do that kind of scene, that will always be at the back of people's minds no matter what roles you do afterwards, especially if you're not an already established A list actor. You just can't scrub that from people's minds and they won't look at you the same afterwards.

ya especially at the bold…imagine him being back in the hood and talking shyt and some disrespectful ass nikka say “at least I ain’t get rape by no white boys on TV :mjpls:” lmao