"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
It kinda is too early :manny: give it 20 games.

Kemba and Fournier were just hooping not too long ago

Over time Thibs can mix and match and leashes can be shortened

This is a problem of deep teams overlapping skillsets and finding balance

:gucci:

I’m trying to figure out how are discussing trades and lineup changes less than 20 games into the season

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
Did Mitch really gain muscle or is he just outta shape..

His Freakish Athleticism isn’t there anymore. He’s fundamentally better

I saw it the 1st game when he was matched up with Robert Willams. I once considered Mitch the more athletic of the 2…not any more…and he’s growing into his grown man body also.

idk might be a mismanaged on the Knicks part.

Thibs gotta cut his shyt and give Obi more mins.

Knicks started off last season the same way defensively, and gradually worked their way up to what they became

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Did Mitch really gain muscle or is he just outta shape..

His Freakish Athleticism isn’t there anymore. He’s fundamentally better

I saw it the 1st game when he was matched up with Robert Willams. I once considered Mitch the more athletic of the 2…not any more…and he’s growing into his grown man body also.

idk might be a mismanaged on the Knicks part.

Thibs gotta cut his shyt and give Obi more mins.

Knicks started off last season the same way defensively, and gradually worked their way up to what they became
Really? Williams was always the better athlete

He don’t have Williams muscle or 40 inch vert or end to end speed

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe Knicks are just burn out after that good start where they were giving 1000% and every game was still close

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Out of all our players the analytics dislike R.J.’s defense the most :francis:

He’s sitting at a -2.5 defensive box plus minus, -4.7 on/off, a team worse 115 defensive rating among rotational players, he is averaging less than half a steal and half a block a game, has only accumulated 0.1 defensive win shares through the first 10 games…
Quickley is the best 2 guard on the Knicks. :hubie:

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said knicks got players who aren’t consistent and that’s including RJ Barrett so I’m not giving him a pass either

maybe D Rose needs to start

Rose is the best player on the team just can’t handle the big minutes.

He has consistently shown that.
.he kan handle the minutes as a starter , u dont need to burn him put , as kemba comes off the bench now , and kan be the same offensive weapon

but does rose lose his effectiveness , bein to humble next to randle and barrett , that is the bigger question for me .. he showed in the pkayoffs however that doesnt have to be the case .

I don't think he trusts the knee yet. There are opening and lanes that he's not attacking. It's not that he's too slow, it's not that he can't...he's just hesitating. The play where he pump faked Jrue Holiday into orbit and wound up throwing the ball out of bounds...he's gotta go at Giannis and make the Freak choose "defend me or deny the pass" but he slowed up and let Giannis do both by just chilling in betwee. There's a lot of that.

I also wonder if part of his slow-down is just not being sure how much he should assert himself as a newcomer with Randle and Barrett already established in the pecking order.

this what i was sayin , he clearly doesnt trust the knee , or is playin safe , so he doesnt reinjure himself to early in the season . Or its just mental , talkin from personal Xperience i get it :manny:

As i said just break down the D ,get in the lane , collapse the D and dish and swing the ball , randle and barrett could also help by setting some more pick.n pop action for kemba if he doesnt want to go to the rim..

literally knicks maybe the worst team ive seen at setting picks , and you got big bodies who kan do it :stopitslime:

when taj old ass is still the best , thats sayin sunthin :francis:

Quickley is the best 2 guard on the Knicks. :hubie:

u kould B right , would bring the right energy to start games as well:yeshrug:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone in here gotta relax Knicks are gonna be fine they’re just not gonna be the best in the East

still 4-5 seed :youngsabo:

we know Miami bulls bucks 76ers are all better on paper

just be happy Atlanta is worse :hubie:

y’all was believing the hype off a nice start

you don’t see wizards fans planning their championship parade :mjlol: