"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Damn we're 5 games in and people are ready to throw Burks in the bushes :picard: after he averaged 13ppg on 41% from three last season off the bench, while also able to put the ball on the floor.

How quickly they forget when our 2nd unit shooters were Wayne Ellington and Damyean Dotson :hhh:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
why do you always vape for burks but hate on rj
Because the expectations and investment are different

Burks is a proven commodity he gets buckets it’s understood he won’t always be on but to act like he’s not a good depth piece and hasn’t been a good Knick :comeon:

Plus I don’t hate Barrett

Last edited:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Heard Patrick Williams from Chicago dislocated his shoulder from last night game

Chicago was already thin up front especially at the PF position I hope they can get a replacement through trade. Chicago being good is dope for the league. The only trade chip they have is Colby white but I’m not sure what that can net them

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Damn we're 5 games in and people are ready to throw Burks in the bushes :picard: after he averaged 13ppg on 41% from three last season off the bench, while also able to put the ball on the floor.

How quickly they forget when our 2nd unit shooters were Wayne Ellington and Damyean Dotson :hhh:

I always liked Dot. He played defense and his 3 pointer wasn't bad.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Burks is a rhythm player. Every time he missed time to injury, he would come back and struggle for a while before coming into his own. I was mad about his defensive effort in the Orlando loss, but I’m not stressed about his offense and he’s defended respectably since then. My two concerns with him are that it might take longer to get going with less touches to go around and that I don’t understand why he’s our inbound guy…he’s not good at it.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They paid him in line with that assessment. I don’t know if we need another major piece, only because it would cost too damn much to get it. They need to continue to find guys who can produce in situations where they are under utilized.
you think we winning a championship with what we have?
we need a another major piece either by free agency or by trade.
we have enough assets where we can make a move and still have most of our foundation

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think anything will happen to Burks since Quickley is losing out on opportunities with his erratic shot selection.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heard Patrick Williams from Chicago dislocated his shoulder from last night game

Chicago was already thin up front especially at the PF position I hope they can get a replacement through trade. Chicago being good is dope for the league. The only trade chip they have is Colby white but I’m not sure what that can net them

mitch didn't do anything to him
not even sure why he got a flagrant.
he pulled a bargnani. Attempting dangerous out of position dunks for no reason