Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I imagine this will be a game that has a crazy story and then starts off slow like RDR2 and introduces lots of systems to micro manage and slowly the game opens up and gets wild. The story is ultimately the driving force behind the seemingly mundane task of delivering shyt. The cargo stuff seems to be the gameplay loop but obviously it's not going to be a straight shot without any hindrances. I imagine the other worldly stuff and those other forces trying to stop you which can make the "boring" delivery much more gratifying. It's like how in MGSV where you literally just had to pick up and fulton people/stuff as the main mission objective but when you're playing lots of things come into play that made it fun.

The BOTW comparison is probably due to being able to go anywhere and pretty much interact with anything.

The poster says this also:
For what it's worth, they seem to be done very well here, but I get that some people just won't like that it's there at all. For example, even while riding the motorbike, you're going to be contending with weight distribution and balancing. It's not a thing where you just hold a button/trigger and you're on your way. Everything is seriously detailed and involved.

I think the crowd that's looking for pretty much non stop lethal/aggressive gameplay consisting of shooting and fighting humans/monsters with some story sprinkled to the side will not be feeling it. I can just see people who want MGS VI with a different skin.

It being like RDR2/BOTW and Metal Gear ish sounds about great to me. As long as it's immersive I can jive with it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's a lot of spoilers out. I saw lots of cutscenes and shyt. Someone who claims to have played it said it's a 5/10 but others are saying he's lying. Idk. shyt is crazy

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Enemy gameplay spoilers
If you kill an enemy, 48 hours after death they'll go into necrosis and after that they will voidout, making a fresh BT and a crater. This applies to any enemy that is killed with a gun meaning if you kill an enemy, you HAVE to dispose of their body by taking them to Chiral Crematoriums located high in the mountains and burn their body. The reason they're so high up is because Chiral Smoke is dangerous to go over a city which can cause Timefall.

There are some good memorable missions early on, deliveries that show a connection between people. He liked it a lot. Gameplay might either be your cup of tea or something you hate entirely, depending on what exactly you were expecting with this game. He wasn't expecting much outside of hours of walking, he was right that it's pretty much what you do and thus it doesn't really appeal to him much. This guy is 12 hours in btw.

It felt tedious. Sam hitches up on anlot of tony rocks so it braks the flow here and there, but its cool to ser up ladders and use ropes. Even more cool to see stuff left by people. The walking makes it tedious, timefall are essentially the stealth moments, a lot of the time ur screwed if ur driving cause the weather damages it.

Things happen in Skyrim, BoTW, RDR2 and HZD during your travels. Not much here though. My general impressions: I like the story, visuals and music, basically the whole package outside of the gameplay. Is it an acquired taste? Maybe, but I don't think so. There's only so much walking before it gets old. Motorcycle is cool, I love it but the terrain is not friendly for it

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
More from vestan(spoiler free gameplay impressions from a guy who is early in the game )

These are some spoiler-free impressions from the dude in the Reddit Discord, one of the two original leakers that posted screenshots and what not. Talking with him now, he's pretty early on btw (around Chapter 2-ish).

Things happen in Skyrim, BoTW, RDR2 and HZD during your travels. Not much here though. My general impressions: I like the story, visuals and music, basically the whole package outside of the gameplay. Is it an acquired taste? Maybe, but I don't think so. There's only so much walking before it gets old. Motorcycle is cool, I love it but the terrain is not friendly for it

. There are some good memorable missions early on, deliveries that show a connection between people. He liked it a lot. Gameplay might either be your cup of tea or something you hate entirely, depending on what exactly you were expecting with this game. He wasn't expecting much outside of hours of walking, he was right that it's pretty much what you do and thus it doesn't really appeal to him much. This guy is 12 hours in btw.

I asked the leaker in Discord what he thought of the gameplay and this is what he had to say:

It felt tedious. Sam hitches up on anlot of tony rocks so it braks the flow here and there, but its cool to ser up ladders and use ropes. Even more cool to see stuff left by people. The walking makes it tedious, timefall are essentially the stealth moments, a lot of the time ur screwed if ur driving cause the weather damages it.

Asked him how he'd rate the gameplay from a scale of 1-10 so hopefully he responds.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Enemy gameplay spoilers
If you kill an enemy, 48 hours after death they'll go into necrosis and after that they will voidout, making a fresh BT and a crater. This applies to any enemy that is killed with a gun meaning if you kill an enemy, you HAVE to dispose of their body by taking them to Chiral Crematoriums located high in the mountains and burn their body. The reason they're so high up is because Chiral Smoke is dangerous to go over a city which can cause Timefall.

There are some good memorable missions early on, deliveries that show a connection between people. He liked it a lot. Gameplay might either be your cup of tea or something you hate entirely, depending on what exactly you were expecting with this game. He wasn't expecting much outside of hours of walking, he was right that it's pretty much what you do and thus it doesn't really appeal to him much. This guy is 12 hours in btw.

More from vestan(spoiler free gameplay impressions from a guy who is early in the game )

These are some spoiler-free impressions from the dude in the Reddit Discord, one of the two original leakers that posted screenshots and what not. Talking with him now, he's pretty early on btw (around Chapter 2-ish).

. There are some good memorable missions early on, deliveries that show a connection between people. He liked it a lot. Gameplay might either be your cup of tea or something you hate entirely, depending on what exactly you were expecting with this game. He wasn't expecting much outside of hours of walking, he was right that it's pretty much what you do and thus it doesn't really appeal to him much. This guy is 12 hours in btw.

I asked the leaker in Discord what he thought of the gameplay and this is what he had to say:

Asked him how he'd rate the gameplay from a scale of 1-10 so hopefully he responds.
These leaks could be from a fakers here a thread in DEATH STRANDING - Spoiler Thread3

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
These leaks could be from a fakers here a thread in DEATH STRANDING - Spoiler Thread3

True, from what I gathered, one guy is legit playing the game (the guy vestan claimed he was talking to) and the other two were piggy backing.

But everything is to be taken with some type of caution right now because nobody is verified frfr.

Or the game could just be boring tedious and uneventful :yeshrug:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True, from what I gathered, one guy is legit playing the game (the guy vestan claimed he was talking to) and the other two were piggy backing.

But everything is to be taken with some type of caution right now because nobody is verified frfr.

Or the game could just be boring tedious and uneventful :yeshrug:
Yeah from what I read if you did not like certain Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay elements that some people find to be tedious due rockstar want it to be more realistic your not going to enjoy this game cause it take those elements and kick them up to eleven .

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah from what I read if you did not like certain Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay elements that some people find to be tedious due rockstar want it to be more realistic your not going to enjoy this game cause it take those elements and kick them up to eleven .

Funny because I'm actually trying to get through rdr2 right now. Not a bad game by any means but it doesnt have me addicted like GOW, and MGSV did.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Credit to resetera poster vestan

- When you complete a delivery, you're given a "Porter Grade" which ranks your performance based on Bridge Link, Delivery Time, Delivery Volume and Cargo Condition. Good Delivery = More Likes. Having a certain Porter Grade will attribute a rank to Sam. For example, if your Porter Grade is at 96, you're a "Skilled Mover".
- Use R2 and L2 to shift your weight, do this in the opposite direction if you're swaying one way to recover balance
- You will sometimes find cargo from abandoned deliveries dotted about the landscape, delivering this cargo to its intended destination in good condition will make you very popular (likes - I'm convinced these likes serve some sort of actual purpose, Kojima said they don't but that's probably just misdirection)
- When delivering cargo for an order requiring a specific number or amount of items, you will be given the following options: "Complete Order" which has you handing over any required items currently being carried, and consider the order to have been completed or "Partial Delivery" which has you handing over any required items currently being carried allowing you to go back and acquire more.
- When it comes to deliveries, other things you might be judged on that might bring about extra likes is Total Delivery Weight. Distance Travelled is not subject to evaluation. It seems the difficulty of the game has an impact on the amount of likes you might receive for a particular order?
- If the Endurance Gauge (separate from the stamina gauge) is fully depleted, Sam will no longer be able to bear his load and he will have to rest. You can alleviate this by taking breaks before it happens.
- When you're crossing a river, you're expected to centre your balance with both hands as it allows you to hold on for longer and resist the flow of the water
- You can move the camera around in cutscenes just like MGS
This is a cruel joke

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This is a cruel joke

received_2524745510947014.jpeg

received_2631442656917123.jpeg

received_2672772186076692.jpeg