Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Apparently the guy finished the game in
33 hrs without any side-quests done.

That's pretty lengthy. MGSV was about 45hrs to beat the game and that was with padding(remixed chapter 1 missions).

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Credit to resetera poster vestan

- When you complete a delivery, you're given a "Porter Grade" which ranks your performance based on Bridge Link, Delivery Time, Delivery Volume and Cargo Condition. Good Delivery = More Likes. Having a certain Porter Grade will attribute a rank to Sam. For example, if your Porter Grade is at 96, you're a "Skilled Mover".
- Use R2 and L2 to shift your weight, do this in the opposite direction if you're swaying one way to recover balance
- You will sometimes find cargo from abandoned deliveries dotted about the landscape, delivering this cargo to its intended destination in good condition will make you very popular (likes - I'm convinced these likes serve some sort of actual purpose, Kojima said they don't but that's probably just misdirection)
- When delivering cargo for an order requiring a specific number or amount of items, you will be given the following options: "Complete Order" which has you handing over any required items currently being carried, and consider the order to have been completed or "Partial Delivery" which has you handing over any required items currently being carried allowing you to go back and acquire more.
- When it comes to deliveries, other things you might be judged on that might bring about extra likes is Total Delivery Weight. Distance Travelled is not subject to evaluation. It seems the difficulty of the game has an impact on the amount of likes you might receive for a particular order?
- If the Endurance Gauge (separate from the stamina gauge) is fully depleted, Sam will no longer be able to bear his load and he will have to rest. You can alleviate this by taking breaks before it happens.
- When you're crossing a river, you're expected to centre your balance with both hands as it allows you to hold on for longer and resist the flow of the water
- You can move the camera around in cutscenes just like MGS

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Credit to resetera poster vestan

- When you complete a delivery, you're given a "Porter Grade" which ranks your performance based on Bridge Link, Delivery Time, Delivery Volume and Cargo Condition. Good Delivery = More Likes. Having a certain Porter Grade will attribute a rank to Sam. For example, if your Porter Grade is at 96, you're a "Skilled Mover".
- Use R2 and L2 to shift your weight, do this in the opposite direction if you're swaying one way to recover balance
- You will sometimes find cargo from abandoned deliveries dotted about the landscape, delivering this cargo to its intended destination in good condition will make you very popular (likes - I'm convinced these likes serve some sort of actual purpose, Kojima said they don't but that's probably just misdirection)
- When delivering cargo for an order requiring a specific number or amount of items, you will be given the following options: "Complete Order" which has you handing over any required items currently being carried, and consider the order to have been completed or "Partial Delivery" which has you handing over any required items currently being carried allowing you to go back and acquire more.
- When it comes to deliveries, other things you might be judged on that might bring about extra likes is Total Delivery Weight. Distance Travelled is not subject to evaluation. It seems the difficulty of the game has an impact on the amount of likes you might receive for a particular order?
- If the Endurance Gauge (separate from the stamina gauge) is fully depleted, Sam will no longer be able to bear his load and he will have to rest. You can alleviate this by taking breaks before it happens.
- When you're crossing a river, you're expected to centre your balance with both hands as it allows you to hold on for longer and resist the flow of the water
- You can move the camera around in cutscenes just like MGS

Dude took a UPS Employee Manual and turned it into a game. :dahell:

I'm not saying it's impossible for this game to be good....but this shyt doesn't sound good or fun. It sounds unique, I'll give him that.

Fred.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude took a UPS Employee Manual and turned it into a game. :dahell:

I'm not saying it's impossible for this game to be good....but this shyt doesn't sound good or fun. It sounds unique, I'll give him that.

Fred.

These leakers gotta stop bullshytting and reveal the shyts :mjlol: we know for a fact there is SOMETHING more than delivery. Get it over with

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Around 10 hours in, one reviewer is calling it game of the year. It's a slow burn that gradually opens up, so I'd expect other reviewers up to that point to possibly have mixed feelings on it (another feels precisely that way) because of its deep mechanics and micromanagement/weight distribution aspects along with said slow burn.

That being said, the back half of the game seems like a wild ride, so it's best to wait for reviewers to finish the game.

I've heard far more positive impressions than mixed ones, but I've only heard a few impressions, so take it for what it is. Those who are into how heavy it is on the mechanics and sim elements/traversal think it's amazing. I've heard it likened to RDR2 and BotW, but that much is obvious with the footage we've seen.

You're going to be carefully planning out long routes to get to destinations, and obviously, depending on how well you plan out your routes and what you bring with you, it can go in a number of ways.

Oh, and I have heard it called Kojima's magnum opus, but I feel like I'm getting into a realm of positivity that unfortunately comes across as shilling/making shyt up, so I'll leave it at that.

Plz b excited.

And when I talk about planning out deliveries and shyt, some of them can literally take 1+ hours to get to as you navigate your way through the landscape.
One last minor thing, I guess. Game is super polished, can be completed offline, and is on patch v1.02 (network performance).

So RDR2/BOTW mixed with MGSV? The delivery of cargo/stuff is obviously just the "hey this is what you kind of have to do.." but shyt happens while doing that obviously and all the other little things add up(weight, speed, terrain, enemies etc.).

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So RDR2/BOTW mixed with MGSV? The delivery of cargo/stuff is obviously just the "hey this is what you kind of have to do.." but shyt happens while doing that obviously and all the other little things add up(weight, speed, terrain, enemies etc.).

link(s)...I want this to be true but you don’t get the benefit of the doubt :stopitslime: