:damn:

don't know why gif isn't showing
TastyDearestBlackrhino.webp

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some guys over on Resetera are speculating that even the basic movement in this game is tied to some sort of mechanic that is fully evolved from I guess what Kojima wanted to do with MGS3.

It looks like managing your weight and balance is a core mechanic. Look at how Sam wobbles carrying the body on uneven terrain and how he loses his balance in the stream and falls over.

It's literally going to be a walking simulator, but with actual walking mechanics.

wyTwLds.gif

More_Badass said:
The ladder instantly made me think of BOTW. I was not expecting it to be a physics-based mechanic like that.

If balance, weight, physics, terrain are all systems that will define the traversal gameplay, then these moments suddenly seem like unique mechanics-driven challenges

2BZkEn1.gif

uyU6REh.gif

Also I wonder if this is just a cutscene, or if there will be a Snake Eater-esque injury system. I mean, there's a pee mechanic...

09LulS8.gif

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but they showed off the walking mechanics and the character having to constantly manage his weight as he travels around uneven land. They showed the character's body be damaged from simply hiking, the shower and toe scene are injuries from scrapes and falls. We saw the character fall over in the water, showing it's possible to fall during a normal walk, and that falling/tilted animation was used in other places as well.

Which means not only are there literally walking mechanics, there is most likely a body degradation mechanic in keeping your body in decent shape as the hike goes on.
The core idea of open world traveling between areas was the original idea of MGS3.

Technology is allowing Kojima to basically have is initial ideas be created.

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukk it 60 for the cuts scenes :yeshrug:

shyt looks like that next gen title I've been waiting on.:wow:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:ahh:not even gonna watch the trailer or anything about this game anymore

day 1 november 8th. Kojima the gawd:lawd: