Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I don't know how far I am in relation to the overall story but does the gameplay loop get better?

Delivering items between port knot and the distribution center is getting a little thin. Am I missing something?
Do only the missions with strand wiggling behind the text those are the main missions everything else is fluff if you want to 100 percent the game.
I assume you are in chapter 3 that is the longest chapter... everything move at much faster pace after that.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Booted this shyt back up and I just can’t do it. Most “boring” game I’ve every played:smh:

Hate to admit it Meach but I'm struggling with this too. :francis: I'll start it up, lose interest after ten minutes, and end up on my phone or looking for something to watch. I'm cool with a slow start but this is something else. :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hate to admit it Meach but I'm struggling with this too. :francis: I'll start it up, lose interest after ten minutes, and end up on my phone or looking for something to watch. I'm cool with a slow start but this is something else. :francis:
First several hours weren't really interesting. It got a little interesting somewhere in episode 3 and onto 4 but I haven't played in a minute.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Beat two bosses in a row but the game isn't over yet :martin: then another hostage situation takes place :beli: then "Episode 10" pops up and these cats telling me to go all the way back to the first city from the other side of the map :unimpressed: then I find out who the pizza guy was :mjtf:

:gucci:

After I beat this shyt, i'm not doing no more deliveries

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
First several hours weren't really interesting. It got a little interesting somewhere in episode 3 and onto 4 but I haven't played in a minute.

Alright. Well I'm in episode 2. Got the hematic grenades awhile back and in the process of seeking shelter from Timefall at the Incinerator, I forgot it was BT land and got dragged into the upside down. While I was there, I beat a giant whale covered in oil that kept trying to eat me. :ehh: I'll stick with it.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Alright. Well I'm in episode 2. Got the hematic grenades awhile back and in the process of seeking shelter from Timefall at the Incinerator, I forgot it was BT land and got dragged into the upside down. While I was there, I beat a giant whale covered in oil that kept trying to eat me. :ehh: I'll stick with it.
You end up getting way more tools during chapter 3 and the story starts to get more serious during that time too. The first couple of chapters are like basic tutorials.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Kamikaze Revy whats your verdict

Did Goatjima make a masterpiece, or should we deliver this game straight to the bushes?
Definitely not a masterpiece.
Decent game overall with a compelling story and interesting mechanics.
if people hate it I don’t blame them but there’s plenty to like IMO contrary to what the “fed ex simulator” jokes would have you believe.
Far from garbage but far from a masterpiece.
It’s a good game in the literal sense of “good”.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I might get this next year when there is another sale or when it drops down from $20-25.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Definitely not a masterpiece.
Decent game overall with a compelling story and interesting mechanics.
if people hate it I don’t blame them but there’s plenty to like IMO contrary to what the “fed ex simulator” jokes would have you believe.
Far from garbage but far from a masterpiece.
It’s a good game in the literal sense of “good”.
Yeah, game would have been 100% better if it was shorter and there was one singular goal with all the story stuff more focused.

Maybe had you traversing from NY to LA while picking up skill and story explanation on the way that would have been dope. Cause I think the mechanics are good. It’s just such a slog to be delivering pizzas back and forth. I’ve played about 10 hours and wish I could just skip to some more interesting stuff instead of doing these same dumb ass deliveries