Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Gathering from multiple reviews, it is a game about isolation that creates appreciation of finding signs of other players in your world (tools to overcome obstacles) as well as receiving likes from tools you have placed that other players use. Because the gameplay challenge comes from proper weight load management (what tools do you bring, how do you stack them, etc.) and path finding (you can get to your objective any way you want but the direct route is of course never the safest) they say that those little moments of getting help from a different player carry much more importance than they do in other games, and it actually makes players reflect on the little things one can do to help others.

Per Easy Allies, they say the game literally practices what it preaches (the reward one gains from playing the game is finding connections with strangers, the same thing that the in-game story is about).
this makes sense. thanks for the summary breh :salute:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So im playing it right, and I get to this part where I'm in a cabin with a dude who I found passed out in the snow. Then they have you get naked so you can pass your body heat to him. Im trying to be mature about this but when the background music changed to slow jams I decided right then and there that this game is not my cup of tea :hubie:back to redbox you go

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So im playing it right, and I get to this part where I'm in a cabin with a dude who I found passed out in the snow. Then they have you get naked so you can pass your body heat to him. Im trying to be mature about this but when the background music changed to slow jams I decided right then and there that this game is not my cup of tea :hubie:back to redbox you go
There's a mission I heard where you have to deliver a used mattress. Sheets included

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Watching that Digital Foundry vid made me understand how this is so polarizing. Game is obviously good looking and I guess some get so immersed that the missing action elements don't weight as much.

With games like God of War coming out this gen that look good and have great action i'm not sure that these reviewers aren't just stanning though :patrice:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

oh wow...that sounds so intense...post a game clip :hmm:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Watching that Digital Foundry vid made me understand how this is so polarizing. Game is obviously good looking and I guess some get so immersed that the missing action elements don't weight as much.

With games like God of War coming out this gen that look good and have great action i'm not sure that these reviewers aren't just stanning though :patrice:

the game is insanely beautiful...I hate to be shallow but for that alone I will pick it up @ some point and see if the game is for me...I don’t think it’ll be some industry changing masterpiece but I don’t think it’ll be absolute shyt either

I’m thinking/hoping this plays as close to a live “action” post apocalyptic movie as you can possibly expect from a gaming experience...if the story is cohesive/compelling enough it can work but I still can’t get a feel for what the story entails...I guess reviews are holding back so as not to spoil any aspect of it...if the story is as ambiguous as the gameplay tho then it’s gonna be disappointing

I might be able to get it free tho and I don’t think too many other games that I want are coming out...so I might use my points on this

Last edited:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the game is insanely beautiful...I hate to be shallow but for that alone I will pick it up @ some point and see if the game is for me...I don’t think it’ll be some industry changing masterpiece but I don’t think it’ll be absolute shyt either

I’m thinking/hoping this plays as close to a live “action” post apocalyptic movie as you can possibly expect from a gaming experience...if the story is compelling enough it can work but I still can’t get a feel for what the story entails...I guess reviews are holding back on that for spoilers sake
I think for anyone that still on fence with this game should wait until it come out and watch some playthrough on youtube to see if it for them because it a long time for action elements to start popping up.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think for anyone that still on fence with this game should wait until it come out and watch some playthrough on youtube to see if it for them because it a long time for action elements to start popping up.

the digital foundry video @StatUS recommended was a decent watch...I can see how DS garnered some comparisons to RDR2 and BOTW as far as that feeling of getting “lost” in the scenery @ times as you fall into the urge to explore shyt...that being said RDR2 and BOTW were both chock full of high intensity action as well and that’s where I’m on the fence re: DS...but ya I’m wait a couple weeks and just soak in more user reviews/gameplay vids

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Kojima got a big ego

But this seems like a game that be easy to patch

Add more elements to the map .more monsters or create theving and marauder groups;; the player can control in a multi player mode

I love phatom pain and the map there is huge and empty except for the set peices but you always had the horse, metal gear prototype and helicopter to travel around in And a lot of side quest to keep you busy