DEATH BATTLE! - Goku vs Superman

Daps
Reppin
NULL
dude really just responded to me by saying Goku would absorb the life energy out of Superman and use it against him.

must be trolling or some shyt.

just a dose of your own medicine fukk boys.

If Goku absorb energy from all life, why couldn't asborb all superman's energy
he's absorbed energy blast before, DBZ characters do it all the time has a defensive move.

Only thing that can hurt DBZ character is more powerful energy than the character. That shyt been established from the first episode.

This nikkaz literally had superman doing his best Kenshiro impersonation, and you talking about I'm trolling.

Superman flying into the Earth and it blowing up is trolling, and something that would never happen, because he's not capable of it.

I can easily say Goku gets mad enough at superman he powers a fist into a Universe exploding punch and kills the galaxy.

You see how stupid that sounds, thats all the shyt yall come up with

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dunno :yeshrug:

I watched like half of that video cause I thought dude was about to shut shyt down and provide some facts.

But all I hear are what ifs, pleas copped, and "Mom says the pizza's ready."

I dunno though :manny:

Him being a loser has nothing to do with the debate

He pointed out shyt that was valid, so you gotta change the focus and comment on his personal situation

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
nah you're not trolling.

Either you 12 years old or this poster that used to be named firegun2000.

either way, you're going on ignore.

cause reading, quoting or debating THIS kinda dumb shyt:

just a dose of your own medicine fukk boys.

If Goku absorb energy from all life, why couldn't asborb all superman's energy
he's absorbed energy blast before, DBZ characters do it all the time has a defensive move.

Only thing that can hurt DBZ character is more powerful energy than the character. That shyt been established from the first episode.

like DBZ characters don't get the fukk punched/kicked/whatever out of them and all they do is fight via some kinda spiritual energy projection....

yeah. It's only gonna make my IQ drop.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah you're not trolling.

Either you 12 years old or this poster that used to be named firegun2000.

either way, you're going on ignore.

cause reading, quoting or debating THIS kinda dumb shyt:

like DBZ characters don't get the fukk punched/kicked/whatever out of them and all they do is fight via some kinda spiritual energy projection....

yeah. It's only gonna make my IQ drop.

They only get hurt by punches from people with a energy levels high enough to hurt them.

You never seen a DBZ episode where an extremely powerful character punched someone even more powerful and it had no effect what so ever.

Every movie, animation, depicting superman never shows him anywhere near as powerful as yall claim.

Why is that? Dude struggles to redirect missiles, and gets knocked out the sky when is hit by them when Nappa rolled through the military like it wasn't shyt. They could drop a nuke on him, he'd just be chilling, and he is a weak character by DBZ standards.

bloodsimple.

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna respond to you because you are clearly the most intelligent defender of Goku in this thread thus far

:win:

This is a gentleman's debate, after all.

If you want to get technical, Goku can only sense "power levels" as far as their fighting skill, not someone's full scope of powers. Goku was not able to sense Babadi's power levels nor was he able to do it for Pikhon. There really isn't solid proof he could read Superman and his power levels.

Let me clarify.

In the video, as Superman was heading to the sun, Goku realized that superman wasn't done yet as he was about to head back to Earth.

So yes, he couldn't exactly PREDICT what superman's exact powers were, as I said before, however, he can easily sense when someone is getting stronger.

You bring up that Pikkon fight, for example, he had no idea what was coming in terms of the exact attack, this is true, but go back and watch the fight and he'll say "wow, your power is skyrocketing!"

He knew Pikkon's power level was was going up from doing the Thunder Flash attack, and then he later adjusted his strategy, and used the Kamehameha to exploit his weakness and ultimately win the fight.

I find it really hard to believe that he couldn't have done the same thing to Superman, seeing as how gaining power from the sun would be, comparitively speaking, such an easy deduction for him to make, considering all the conclusions he's made about his various opponents on the battle field in actual, Toriyama-written DB canon.

Given this, we can easily assume that the REAL Goku from Toriyama canon would have sensed that Superman's power increased as he got closer to the sun and thusly would have put two and two together sooner.

I'm not saying he would have won, but I am saying, as I've been saying the entire time, the Death Battle depiction of Goku left out key elements of his history, his character and really, when you get right down to it, unfairly simplified him in terms of battle intelligence.

It's a well put-together video, but it's still very flawed as this thread has proven. In the end, it really is still another person's opinion of how a "what if" scenario would go down.

Still fun to discuss though.

I agree Goku is a very intelligent fighter, but he IS NOT the smartest strategist in the DBZ universe, Piccolo is actually superior to him in this.

So why didn't Piccolo win the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament, then?

:youngsabo:

Cause he got out-foxed at every turn by Goku.

Do you know the difference between strategy and tactics? Goku is a great tactician, he is NOT a great strategist. Keep this is mind...

I'd argue otherwise and there have been plenty of examples throughout DB canon which can support my line of debate.

Case in point, go back and watch the 23rd Martial Arts Tournament between he and Piccolo and tell me again that he's not a great strategist.

In the video, you will notice Goku TRIED to read Superman's mind, but was not actually able to do it to complition (if he was capable at all). Superman has RIDIC psychic defenses and Goku, who has minimal psychic abilities and no formal training would not be capable of breaking them down. Once again, I CAN get the feats if necessary...

True.

I guess what I was trying to say was that it wouldn't have been that hard for Goku to formulate a plan based off of what he had seen up until that point, and then hide his intentions from Superman.

Powers aside, he's not going to be able to figure shyt out if dude is moving that fast.

Buy some time.... against two guys that both move faster than light speed?!? :comeon:

You lost me here. @_@;

Where did I confuse you?

Not saying you are wrong, but this is opinion here. And keep in mind, in DEATH BATTLE, both fighters are fighting with intention to KILL, which is FAR outside the mindset of both Goku and Superman. They both only kill when they have too.

True.

Doesn't change the fact that Goku's life has been on the line multiple times, and he's always remained calm and thought his way through a fight (at least more than people would like to give him credit for, despite the plethora of facts that support him).

I disagree with this assersion. Granted its POSSIBLE, but its not likely. Goku is not Vegeta or some rabid Sayjin.

You don't have to be Vegeta levels of dirty to give yourself a chance to win.

I guess that's what I was trying to say. Goku (at least his actual canon counterpart) can and has fought to give himself the best possible chance to win on multiple occasions and can figure out how to do so mid fight. I think this is clearly established and something that we can both agree on.

Not really because its all about the context.

Goku and Superman's levels of power are so massive that they are somewhat incalculable. However in discussion, you can really only debate based off of what they have accomplished. Based on what both have achieved Superman has the crazier and more difficult feats across the board.

Yep, because, as said in the video, you can chalk that up to how the respective characters were written.

Superman was written to be a mythological figure, Goku was not.

However, and my gripe as it has been from the beginning, is that they really slighted Goku's character and left out some major key elements which could have tipped the battle in his favor.

It's like they went out of their way to make him Homer Simpson levels of dumb just because he's trying to kill, when there's verifiable proof that Goku would have done everything he could to tip the scales in his favor, and thought his way through the battle, rather than relying on raw strength and power as he did in the video.

Just lazy. :childplease:

Toriyama would be and should be giving them the :birdman: if he watched this (or cared :russ: ).

Which may be true, but the visual battle itself is purely for show and entertainment. The actual outcome was decided by the numbers and analysis themselves. NEITHER character was portrayed greatly, but neither was so wildly out of character that you couldn't imagine it being truthful.

:manny:

Good depiction, but that's all it is, a depiction.

frabz-im-just-saiyan-738f00.jpg

Nonetheless it has sparked off quite the discourse here. :clap::cheers:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
They only get hurt by punches from people with a energy levels high enough to hurt them.

You never seen a DBZ episode where an extremely powerful character punched someone even more powerful and it had no effect what so ever.

Every movie, animation, depicting superman never shows him anywhere near as powerful as yall claim.

Why is that? Dude struggles to redirect missiles, and gets knocked out the sky when is hit by them when Nappa rolled through the military like it wasn't shyt. They could drop a nuke on him, he'd just be chilling, and he is a weak character by DBZ standards.

Your wrong lil homie. You just gotta take the L on this.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Him being a loser has nothing to do with the debate

He pointed out shyt that was valid, so you gotta change the focus and comment on his personal situation
He said nothing valid that would make me change my mind on this.

I like Goku waaaaaaaaay more than Supes. Dragonball is a top 10 manga to me but they're just not on that level.

Goku would be high mid tier in DC Comics while Supes is a high tier character with his strongest forms post-crisis being near god level.

bloodsimple.

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude seems hurt :laugh:

He talks about making Goku out of character but forget to mention that they made Supes into a solar powered battery when he can run for years without losing power. And gave Goku the ability to breath in space.

He then gives Goku complete prep against all of Supes abilites :laugh:

Homie may need to move out of his mothers house so he can see things clearer :cool:

:childplease:

:stopitslime: