'Deadpool & Wolverine' | July 26th, 2024 | Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
I got nothing... I got nothing. Give me this.
full

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Just saw it and I’m not sure how I feel about it. :jbhmm:

The plot meanders and the movie took too long to get going. The jokes also didn’t really hit. Villain was trash too and had no connection to either main character. But it was cool to see Wolvy slice shyt up I guess.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Also slight nit pick but I think 2 costumes looked off putting to me. Wolverines mask and

Gambit. Channing Tatum looked like he gained weight and tried to squeeze into his costume from when Wolverine origins came out.
I TOTALLY agree with u about the first part in the shoulder 🤣🤣

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Many of the cameos werent used to their full story potential either
This!

For all the folks creaming themselves over the fan service, they’re missing out that those characters were underutilized. There could’ve been a really good story in there besides cameo characters meeting up to fight other characters.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Gambit's nearly incoherent dialogue was killing me :mjlol:

"I never knew my daddy but I think I came out his nuts ready"

Also I think the "I don't remember my world, maybe I was born here" line was an inside joke about how Tatum's Gambit never appeared in a movie before and Deadpool 3 is his first appearance, hence being "born here". He was the only one in that scene that had not been in a movie before.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Gambit's nearly incoherent dialogue was killing me :mjlol:

"I never knew my daddy but I think I came out his nuts ready"

Also I think the "I don't remember my world, maybe I was born here" line was an inside joke about how Tatum's Gambit never appeared in a movie before and Deadpool 3 is his first appearance, hence being "born here". He was the only one in that scene that had not been in a movie before.
:pachaha:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Seeing how this is and seeing how dope xmen 97 was really puts into perspective how Ridiculous the decision to bush mutants and replace them with inhumans would have been. Xmen #1 is still the all time top comic seller
ryu-slam.gif

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was a whole lot of fun. Opening scene was flames (all the Deadpool movies nail those) and the fights were good. Humor was hit or miss, mostly miss. Wolverine & Deadpool's dynamic didn't feel well built up tbh but I enjoyed the character arcs for both.

The plot was definitely the weakest aspect, it felt hella convoluted. The fanservice was great though, I don't think you could have a better example of it than this movie. Cameos, Easter eggs and quips galore.

I'll sleep on this but I think it was great. Definitely has the feel of a standalone movie, like a Fox Movie with an inflated budget for cameos.