'Deadpool & Wolverine' | July 26th, 2024 | Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
This is what had me dying the other week reading some of the critic reviews. Like, exactly what kind of movie were they expecting to walk into with one that contains Deadpool? :skip:

Flick isn’t taking itself anywhere near as serious as something like Brave New Reshoots World will, and that’s okay.
That's fine and all but that doesn't mean you can't put a coherent plot together. This a good movie with moments but not better than DP1 and this as a whole isn't a better movie than Guardians3 or Spidey.

Dr Strange was completely shyt I'm not even gonna pretend that exists.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
This movie missed the mark for me. The jokes weren't hitting. The plot was all over the place. This is that latest Spider-Man movie all over again.

Cameos and references can't hold the movie together. Frustrating because they had a good villain and there were flashes of this being a really good movie.
The X-23 and Logan chat in the woods was like it came out of a mainline X movie. It was well done. Even the Cassandra Nova brain interaction with Logan was really well done.

Always good to see Hugh in the suit, but this will be a one and done watch.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Some of the cameos I was genuinely surprised to see

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
Pretty good :ehh:

Those wolverine fight scenes were some of the best the character has been depicted in. It’s obvious this is setting them D&W up for secret wars.

Tiny wolverine had me crying :dead:
Whole theatre was dying at that!!! I would've died laughing if they would've made tiny wolverine Danny Divito

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
i kinda get the hand wringing critics are doing about this

this movie is fun and has nice cameos but if you look at the way spiderverse handles multiverse and cameos its a world of difference in storytelling effort. the fact that this movie is going to make way more money and is still beloved is sort of like a potential danger for the amount of effort the movies will put into a coherent plot and emotional story in the future

but deadpool has a unique meta type of humor so maybe its fine

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I'm going to check it out soon. I'm a spoiler guy (I know it's:damn:) so I know who this movie is catered
hardcore comic heads

But I'm seeing a lot more people calling the 1st trash now. When did that switch happen? I can absolutely see the 2nd one as a "one ear in, one ear out" flick. But not the 1st.

Last edited:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
i kinda get the hand wringing critics are doing about this

this movie is fun and has nice cameos but if you look at the way spiderverse handles multiverse and cameos its a world of difference in storytelling effort. the fact that this movie is going to make way more money and is still beloved is sort of like a potential danger for the amount of effort the movies will put into a coherent plot and emotional story in the future

but deadpool has a unique meta type of humor so maybe its fine
lol we've been on that path way before deadpool

deadpool won't change the trajectory.

Daps
It was good
way more enjoyable than the last two
But in terms of saving the mcu
charlemagne-breakfast-club.gif

The story was trying to do a lot . They could have wrapped it up a little bit earlier if they brought the juggernaut helmet with them and put it on ole girl while she was touching on Mr. paradox or the machine . Wolverine was the soul of this, but some stuff didn’t connect the way it should have.

IMG-6527.gif

Only one ?

Last edited:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
It’s a shame Black men have so much toxic hypermasculinity in our spaces to unlearn.

Preventing Black actors from playing roles like this without “agenda” conspiracies bein thrown around like parsley,
because Ryan Reynolds had me dying laughin :russ::dead:
I just don't understand why you brought Black men into this as if being ryan reynolds is something that is racially coded. Definitely a weird thing to do whether you're white or black. Dude has been typecast for awhile now just happened to find a comic book character that matches him. What's that got to do with us?

Be honest breh, seem like you made this post somewhere else and added that nonsense into it to apply to us somehow.