'Deadpool & Wolverine' | July 26th, 2024 | Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
X-men story out of x-men issue 166.

Characters without a following often have their biggest moments in other peoples stories.

Marvel currently trying to push Elsa Bloodstone as a big name too, Putting her in midnight sons comics, werewolf by night comics, and werewolf by night tv shows. but nobody buying any solo elsa material.

claremont wrote danvers into the xmen as much for her relationship with wolvie as her CIA/government credentials.

ain't nothing wrong with that..

claemont liked cosmically/elementally uber powered females and carol was yet another one to add to storm, jean, polaris ... rogue.

it's not just about the comics it's about the creative team as well.

that is where the notion of "classic run" comes from.

supes was boring until byrne took over.

thor was boring until simonson.

FF was boring until byrne.

xmen was dying until claremont.

daredevil .. until miller.

spidey .. until romita.

.... you get the picture.

details example:

"The title [x-men] lagged in sales behind Marvel's other comic franchises. In 1969, writer Roy Thomas and illustrator Neal Adams rejuvenated the comic book and gave regular roles to two recently introduced characters: Alex "Havok" Summers (Cyclops' brother, who had been introduced by Roy Thomas before Adams began work on the comic) and Lorna Dane, later called Polaris (created by Arnold Drake and Jim Steranko). However, these later X-Men issues failed to attract sales and Marvel stopped producing new stories with issue #66 (March 1970), later reprinting a number of the older comics as issues #67–93."

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
claremont wrote danvers into the xmen as much for her relationship with wolvie as her CIA/government credentials.

ain't nothing wrong with that..

claemont liked cosmically/elementally uber powered females and carol was yet another one to add to storm, jean, polaris ... rogue.

it's not just about the comics it's about the creative team as well.

that is where the notion of "classic run" comes from.

supes was boring until byrne took over.

thor was boring until simonson.

FF was boring until byrne.

xmen was dying until claremont.

daredevil .. until miller.

spidey .. until romita.

.... you get the picture.

details example:

"The title [x-men] lagged in sales behind Marvel's other comic franchises. In 1969, writer Roy Thomas and illustrator Neal Adams rejuvenated the comic book and gave regular roles to two recently introduced characters: Alex "Havok" Summers (Cyclops' brother, who had been introduced by Roy Thomas before Adams began work on the comic) and Lorna Dane, later called Polaris (created by Arnold Drake and Jim Steranko). However, these later X-Men issues failed to attract sales and Marvel stopped producing new stories with issue #66 (March 1970), later reprinting a number of the older comics as issues #67–93."

Point is if they don't have any classic story runs of their own. They not gonna have any classic films based on any stories. Screenwriters will just make up their own shyt. Sometimes that works, Blade movie did its own thing, because blade has never been consistent established in the comics.(until recently check out his recent solo series, i enjoyed it and it led to bloodhunt crossover event) But Wesley snipes made it work. But more often you get duds

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Point is if they don't have any classic story runs of their own. They not gonna have any classic films based on any stories. Screenwriters will just make up their own shyt. Sometimes that works, Blade movie did its own thing, because blade has never been consistent established in the comics.(until recently check out his recent solo series, i enjoyed it and it led to bloodhunt crossover event) But Wesley snipes made it work. But more often you get duds

so get good creatives and good actors works even in the absence of a classic story plot i.e. blade, GoTG, even the iron man remixes.

if you get poor creatives / actors even with classic stories you get FF2, dark pheonix/xmen 3, x-men apocalypse, secret invasion.

the marvels lacked BOTH so yeah was historically bad.

the import of creatives above source material is demonstrated by marvel backing up a dumper truck of money to bring back the russos.

this after having a series of directors attached to and then removed from the 5+6 because marvel could not risk that budget on them despite classic source like doom/secret wars.

Daps
I'm no huge marvel fan as it is but this film wasn't great. Yeah it had plenty of jokes throughout the film but the story was terrible! Some fight scenes between Deadpool and wolverine felt like just filler time. Got to the point where you know each word was going to be some sort of joke it lost its allure. Film was very average to me.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Wow! This is new to me. Who knew Wesley Snipes had that ability. IMO the movies held up well, or at least the first two. It held up well based of Blade’s Bladeness.
bh187-blade.gif

Black excellence! Get this man a send off check!
:salute:
Check out this interview with Entertainment Tonight he did as promo for the first movie and you can see his passion creating his live action version of the Blade charecter.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
If I had a problem with the movie, I didn’t like “lame” Wolverine’s backstory. It felt lazy that mutants were taken down by regular humans. Almost any of the X-Men—Xavier, Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Iceman—could have easily handled a group of mutant-hating humans. I expected a scenario like in the Old Man Logan story where the villains unite and thoroughly defeat the heroes after Wolverine slacked off for some reason.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
If I had a problem with the movie, I didn’t like “lame” Wolverine’s backstory.

they had to make make him "unique" in some way.

they went with him being the "worst (most hopeless) wolvie".

being most hopeless increases the impact of his redemption arc.

It felt lazy that mutants were taken down by regular humans. Almost any of the X-Men—Xavier, Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Iceman—could have easily handled a group of mutant-hating humans.

the x-men are humans.

they get sick. they feel unwell. they get tired. most can be injured just like normal humans.

that is what separates them from the avengers.

that is why someone like sabertooth or the marauders were such a threat to mutants.

R6PpKnZ.png

1aAb88U.png

KtwqnKN.png

dvxZrwV.png

4FAGjzK.png

QEkUc2A.png

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
they had to make make him "unique" in some way.

they went with him being the "worst (most hopeless) wolvie".

being most hopeless increases the impact of his redemption arc.

the x-men are humans.

they get sick. they feel unwell. they get tired. most can be injured just like normal humans.

that is what separates them from the avengers.

that is why someone like sabertooth or the marauders were such a threat to mutants.

R6PpKnZ.png

1aAb88U.png

KtwqnKN.png

dvxZrwV.png

4FAGjzK.png

QEkUc2A.png
I get it, but being murdered by humans still felt lazy and anti-climatic; having a group of supervillains responsible would have made more sense. I was expecting a more impactful demise for the X-Men. The Westchester Incident, on the other hand, was more terrifying to contemplate. It's just a minor qualm with the film, nothing to get overly argumentative about at 7 A.M. No movie is perfect, after all.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
It was obviously played up for laughs. I highly doubt that would’ve been his portrayal in the solo film
I mean, yeah, but dude trying to pull of a French accent that’s understandable woulda been a challenge. Wouldn’t be surprised if we were shytting on it if it actually happened. I don’t think Tatum is that good of a voice actor to try an accent.