'Deadpool & Wolverine' | July 26th, 2024 | Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
GUJeD-FbkAALC0G
But didn't that scene take place earlier in the sacred timeline? Before No Way Home? :jbhmm:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I really
But didn't that scene take place earlier in the sacred timeline? Before No Way Home? :jbhmm:
Yes, 2018—the year of the Snap! I always imagined Deadpool explaining his five-year absence by saying he was off in the MCU, getting dusted by a walking purple potato who looks and sounds like Cable, except not as crabby. Oh well. :manny:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The only formula that is proving the work is that, having a movie with several characters fans know and love works better, than a movie with a bunch of z list character nobody cares about, but need to watch to keep of with the main continuity.
this doesn't mean they need to be multiverse heavy or self referential. Just means, instead of making a movie starring Captain Marvel (whom nobody grew up reading comics or watching cartoons about) maybe you focus more on actual fan favorites. Captain Marvel was basically and industry plant. a character with no popular comics written about her, no fan demand for her story to be told. and yet was pushed like an A lister on the level of Black Panther, Spiderman and so on.
I've been reading comics a long time. Carol Danvers had a fanbase. Plus,, she had the entire Rogue link, so when people discovered that, she became more popular since they figured she was a powerhouse. She was pretty much the same status as the rest of the Marvel roster. When she became Captain Marvel, they gave her a mega push BUT changed her entire personality, so she's not even the same character. That's the person that's currently disliked and has no fanbase. Other than Daredevil, everyone else that had a show were Z-List. Everyone that had a movie was C-list at best.

Besides, almost everyone starts off as a Z-List. Deadpool was niche and low end of popularity, Iron Man niche, Cap was boring and had no fans either...which is why he was replaced like every 5 years. Matter of fact, the entire Avengers save Hulk, weren't popular. Black Panther had virtually no fans. Even Blade wasn't popular. Most of y'all didn't even know he was a Marvel character until like Trinity when they actually put the logo on it.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Besides, almost everyone starts off as a Z-List. Deadpool was niche and low end of popularity, Iron Man niche, Cap was boring and had no fans either...which is why he was replaced like every 5 years. Matter of fact, the entire Avengers save Hulk, weren't popular. Black Panther had virtually no fans. Even Blade wasn't popular. Most of y'all didn't even know he was a Marvel character until like Trinity when they actually put the logo on it.
People are quick to forget if you weren't an x-man(Wolverine TBH), Hulk or spiderman nobody gave af before the MCU. They started with the characters they literally couldn't sell off.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I've been reading comics a long time. Carol Danvers had a fanbase. Plus,, she had the entire Rogue link, so when people discovered that, she became more popular since they figured she was a powerhouse. She was pretty much the same status as the rest of the Marvel roster. When she became Captain Marvel, they gave her a mega push BUT changed her entire personality, so she's not even the same character. That's the person that's currently disliked and has no fanbase. Other than Daredevil, everyone else that had a show were Z-List. Everyone that had a movie was C-list at best.

Her most popular story prior to the movie, was of her losing her powers to rogue.
Before that the male Captain Marvel was more known.
Also my point was they tend to fail when they force a character who doesn't even have a popular solo ongoing series, or any popular arcs solo.
Deadpool you called niche but he has had his own solo series going since the 90s. Plenty of deadpool stuff to choose from.
Captain American Winter Soldier was based on a comic book arc from his own comics. So was his origin story movie, so was his civil war movie to a lesser extent. Iron Man demon in bottle, extremis etc were all popular comics before being adapted to his movies.
Captain Marvel origin movie and sequel had nothing to do with any comic book stories. she wasn't even the first captain marvel in the comics she was ms marvel first.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Her most popular story prior to the movie, was of her losing her powers to rogue.

Screenshot-2024-08-07-at-11-42-28.png

:hubie:
Before that the male Captain Marvel was more known.
Also my point was they tend to fail when they force a character who doesn't even have a popular solo ongoing series, or any popular arcs solo.
Deadpool you called niche but he has had his own solo series going since the 90s. Plenty of deadpool stuff to choose from.
Captain American Winter Soldier was based on a comic book arc from his own comics. So was his origin story movie, so was his civil war movie to a lesser extent. Iron Man demon in bottle, extremis etc were all popular comics before being adapted to his movies.
Captain Marvel origin movie and sequel had nothing to do with any comic book stories. she wasn't even the first captain marvel in the comics she was ms marvel first.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
2015 Secret Wars was dope.

T’Challa gad a major role in it so they’d better get to recasting
I think all of us that read Hickman's Secret Wars have to come to terms that the MCU version is only gonna get a couple of concepts from Time Runs Out + Secret Wars but have a completely different plot and characters (their actions and motivations) :francis:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
crossover brood, shi'ar, new mutants, brood prof x, binary, deathbird is a bigger story then the two image frame story of rogue taking carol's powers.

:hubie:
X-men story out of x-men issue 166.

Characters without a following often have their biggest moments in other peoples stories.

Marvel currently trying to push Elsa Bloodstone as a big name too, Putting her in midnight sons comics, werewolf by night comics, and werewolf by night tv shows. but nobody buying any solo elsa material.

They way you descibed Captain Marvel, makes it seem like she should have been a side character in an x-men film, the way she was in end game.
Not a solo movie character.