'Deadpool & Wolverine' | July 26th, 2024 | Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They can't get a Blade movie made now so how are they going to fast track one for Wesley? :comeon:

He'll be at least 64 before that would happen and he doesn't look like he could handle the physicality the role would require.

This was his send off.

Is this a serious question? :dahell:

This movie did $500 million in under a week with Wolverine, Electra, Human Torch, Blade, etc.

"No Way Home" did around $2 billion with Spider-Man actors that haven't been active in the role in 10-20 years.

Unlike a Marhershala Ali Blade movie, a Wesley Snipes one has nostalgia on it's side. Which, as we've seen, is a gold mine in the MCU.

Now physically, can he do the role? Who knows but right now, today, there's more demand for a Snipes Blade movie, than a Marhershala Ali one.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Sounds like they still want Jonathan Majors as Kang, but don't want the backlash. they need proof he can have a successful without people boycotting. Like Will Smith did by having a hit film after the slap.

Eh I got white man avoiding touchy subject that could get he and the billion dollar franchise he runs into hot water regardless of the negro at the heart of the controversy.

I don’t think Majors will be back in any shape, form, or fashion within the MCU and thats a damn shame, but its altogether too messy a situation and the best thing Feige and Marvel could do is write him off and try to act like Doom was the logical choice all along. They’ll live with the lie. The public will live with the lie. Eventually the hype will move onto Robert Downey Jr’s return and this will be brief albeit ugly footnote in MCU history.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this a serious question? :dahell:

This movie did $500 million in under a week with Wolverine, Electra, Human Torch, Blade, etc.

"No Way Home" did around $2 billion with Spider-Man actors that haven't been active in the role in 10-20 years.

Unlike a Marhershala Ali Blade movie, a Wesley Snipes one has nostalgia on it's side. Which, as we've seen, is a gold mine in the MCU.

Now physically, can he do the role? Who knows but right now, today, there's more demand for a Snipes Blade movie, than a Marhershala Ali one.

Fred.

They don't have a Blade/Wesley movie in the plans. They gotta find a director, get a script, possibly scrap Ali's Blade, and shoehorn it into the MCU schedule. All that for what's likely to be a one off film because they're not doing sequels with Wesley reprising the character at 70.

What's the benefit for Disney? Other than satisfying fan nostalgia it doesn't make long term business sense. They're not doing it for sentiment so be realistic. It's highly unlikely they do that. Not saying it wouldn't be cool but this is one of those fan requests that isn't worth getting your hopes up for.

A role in the newer films is something that's far more possible than Wesley starring in the film. They'll probably just give him a cameo or a nod.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They don't have a Blade/Wesley movie in the plans. They gotta find a director, get a scrip, possibly scrap Ali's Blade, and shoehorn it into the MCU schedule. All that for what's likely to be a one off film because they're not doing sequels with Wesley reprising the character at 70.

What's the benefit for Disney? Other than satisfying fan nostalgia it doesn't make long term business sense. They're not doing it for sentiment so be realistic. It's highly unlikely they do that. Not saying it wouldn't be cool but this is one of those fan requests that isn't worth getting your hopes up for.

A role in the newer films is something that's far more possible than Wesley starring in the film. They'll probably just give him a cameo or a nod.

I don't disagree with your over all point but as far as the bolded....they don't currently have any of that for Marhershala Ali, either.:mjlol:

There's nothing to scrap right now. And even if they were ready to start, Marhershala Ali is currently filming a miniseries and a "Jurassic Park" movie.

As of today Disney/Marvel is about as ready to film his Blade movie, as they are a Wesley Snipes one. Hell, Snipes is actually available.

Fred.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seriously

I got nothing but love and respect for Wesley

That nicca WASHED!

And someone months back tried to bring up the argument “bu bu bu bu bu ______ old or the same age too so why can WS be Blaaaaaddddeee!”

Naw we good on that man :heh:

I hope this movie deads that dumb all campaign from some of these dumb ass Marvel stans:mjlol:

Now see,I tried to be humble as one of the Wesleyites who said "It can only be one Blade:mjgrin:".

But then you had to try to take a victory lap and step on that:martin:

If Wesley had more time im sure he couldve looked more than ready. Had he been doing his own movie rather than a cameo,im sure he wouldve been more prepared and gotten more into character.

And the final most important thing? My issue was moreso his delivery and how he acted. Its highly likely Ryan Reynolds told him

"Can you not be so serious Wesley?This Blade is a little more fun loving and LGBT friendly. And a little less bass in your voice please:picard:"

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't disagree with your over all point but as far as the bolded....they don't currently have any of that for Marhershala Ali, either.:mjlol:

There's nothing to scrap right now. And even if they were ready to start, Marhershala Ali is currently filming a miniseries and a "Jurassic Park" movie.

As of today Disney/Marvel is about as ready to film his Blade movie, as they are a Wesley Snipes one. Hell, Snipes is actually available.

Fred.

That's the point :what:

If Ali's Blade was in the plans and they can't make any progress they're not getting a Wesley movie made anytime soon when he was never in the plans.

Deadpool is a movie loaded with examples of fan requests that never happened and now they want another one. People learned nothing. Fans don't control casting.

Wesley doesn't look well. Maybe it's just age and him not working out but I'm more worried about his health than him being Blade.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's the point :what:

If Ali's Blade was in the plans and they can't make any progress they're not getting a Wesley movie made anytime soon when he was never in the plans.

Deadpool is a movie loaded with examples of fan requests that never happened and now they want another one. People learned nothing. Fans don't control casting.

If fans didn't control casting this Deadpool franchise wouldnt exist in the first place. :mjlol:

The 1st movie was dead in the water until the Ryan Reynolds test footage leaked and fans went nuts.

And I don't get "the point". Nobody cares about a Marhershala Ali Blade movie. Not 5 years later. People are asking for a Snipes Blade movie. Like I said there is currently more excitement for the latter, than the former.

Fred.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If fans didn't control casting this Deadpool franchise wouldnt exist in the first place. :mjlol:

The 1st movie was dead in the water until the Ryan Reynolds test footage leaked and fans went nuts.

And I don't get "the point". Nobody cares about a Marhershala Ali Blade movie. Not 5 years later. People are asking for a Snipes Blade movie. Like I said there is currently more excitement for the latter, than the former.

Fred.

Now do the thousand other examples of fan casting not coming true :heh:

What's the point of even arguing when you know it's about a 5% chance they'd do this?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

What's the point of even arguing when you know it's about a 5% chance they'd do this?

:manny:

Honestly I don't think it's a 5% chance. Maybe I'm crazy but I can see this happening, especially with Ryan Reynolds pushing for it, and social media backing the idea.

If the Marhershala Ali movie was....literally anything....a script, director, pre-production....anything....then nah. I would agree with what you're saying. But dude will not be available for the foreseeable future, due to other projects.

Stranger things have happened.

Fred.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

MCU BEEN DEAD IN
THE WATER...

THEIR MOST SUCCESSFUL PROJECTS
POST END GAME
HAVE COME FROM SONY AND FOX ACTORS...

THEY ARE ALL ABOUT THE DOLLAR
AND HAVE NO PROBLEM
TAPPING BACK INTO A NON MCU
ACTOR FOR THE BAG.

HELL THEY WERE ABOUT
TO HAVE DAMN NEAR ALL NON
MCU ACTORS IN KANG DYNASTY