'Deadpool & Wolverine' | July 26th, 2024 | Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
As stated before, I am not even a fan of Ryan Reynolds's style of comedy, but I have to show him mad respect for recognizing all the contributions that Wesley Snipes made to the Blade movies.

These contributions always need to be noticed. Snipes was a producer who used his star power at the time to get the first movie off the ground. He brought his martial arts/stunt team in and designed some of Blade's weapons (Sword & Bladerang, etc.). We can't forget how Snipes gave Blade his Bladeness. The sunglasses he wore in the first movie were Black Flys, a brand Snipes wore even before he got the role. Watch the behind-the-scenes from the first two movies, and people like Del Toro and Donnie Yen say that Blade was all Wesley. They wanted to build off that foundation for the sequel.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
As stated before, I am not even a fan of Ryan Reynolds's style of comedy, but I have to show him mad respect for recognizing all the contributions that Wesley Snipes made to the Blade movies.

These contributions always need to be noticed. Snipes was a producer who used his star power at the time to get the first movie off the ground. He brought his martial arts/stunt team in and designed some of Blade's weapons (Sword & Bladerang, etc.). We can't forget how Snipes gave Blade his Bladeness. The sunglasses he wore in the first movie were Black Flys, a brand Snipes wore even before he got the role. Watch the behind-the-scenes from the first two movies, and people like Del Toro and Donnie Yen say that Blade was all Wesley. They wanted to build off that foundation for the sequel.
I think the comics even changed his backstory to match the movies. Made him a half vampire and powers he never had before. And if I'm not mistaken his drip changed too :jbhmm:
They almost got LL cool J for the role but..... It wouldnt be the same

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
GUO-x6jW8AA-Ev8
I’m still laughing at how Johnny jobbed to Pyro so easily. Maybe he was having an off day. :yeshrug:

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps

Wow! This is new to me. Who knew Wesley Snipes had that ability. IMO the movies held up well, or at least the first two. It held up well based of Blade’s Bladeness.
bh187-blade.gif

Black excellence! Get this man a send off check!
:salute:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Wow! This is new to me. Who knew Wesley Snipes had that ability. IMO the movies held up well, or at least the first two. It held up well based of Blade’s Bladeness.
bh187-blade.gif

Black excellence! Get this man a send off check!
:salute:

If you listen to the commentary tracks for the first two movies, it's Goyer and Snipes back when they were cool. They also have other commentary tracks with the director and producers. Because one is with the writer and the actor, they see and react to things differently than what the other producer and director see. They are very informative, and you can see how involved Snipes was in these movies back then.

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
Would’ve loved to see Deadpool Meet Hannibal King in that cave when everyone walked out :ehh:

I thought the would’ve been more cameos :birdman:

I throughly enjoyed the movie though hopefully MCU can get back on track now :salute: