Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
There's only one of me. I don't agree with everything those posters say but they are right about MCU stans acting like children :manny: it is what it is..

Anyone mad in real life about any of this shyt has to have a mental disability :mjlol:
I have...

A mental disability...

Of marijuana.

:russ:

I just made a grilled cheese sandwich with no cheese!!

:russ:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Random thoughts I meant to post yesterday:

The first Raimi Spider-Man was :ld:

The 2nd was :krs:

The 3rd was :trash:

"ASM" 1&2 were both :ld:

"Spider-Verse" was ::krs:

"Homecoming" was....there is no smilie really. Vulture was dope. The movie wasn't :ld: but it wasn't really :krs: either. It was cool.

And I haven't seen "Far From Home".

Anyway, this is a long winded way of saying people need to cut the bullshyt out on both sides of the argument. Cats are in here talking like Sony's track record with the character is "TDK" level....pure lunacy. And MCU heads....unless "Far From Home" is some next level shyt Marvel hasn't really lived up to the character yet, either.

Having said all that, I'd rather him wind up with Marvel just based on the potential. Sony has had the character damn near 20 years and frankly I'm not blown away by what they've done with him.

Oh and "Venom" was ok. shyt was kinda corny, honestly. It had Eminem on the soundtrack in 2018, for Christ sake. If :flabbynsick: Eminem would've had a song on the....I dunno, "Endgame" or "Captain Marvel" soundtrack motherfukkers would've had a field day.

Fred.

Far from was real dope and slightly better than Homecoming imo, and as far the bolded, this is my biggest reason for me on why this is disappointing when you look at the possibilities.

Tom Holland is a dope Peter Parker, from his acting and love for the character to his age, if they really were planning the rumoured amount of films it would of been great to see him evolve into an adult battle tested Spider-Man taking on Heavy hitters like Doc Oc & Green Goblin, id love to say Venom but I don’t see that happening in the MCU

They put a modern twist on Vulture & Mysterio and they both turned out great, casting choices were spot on too.

They introduced Shocker, Scorpion, Prowler & hinted at Miles in the first film alone without any of it being feeling bloated or ham fisted.

The next film was gonna have no connecting story to Stark and was gonna be the start Of Peter coming into his own, along with introducing or at least planting seeds for Norman Osbourne/Oscorp

No stannery involved, it was just obvious for the first time ever that the live action Spider-Man universe was in great hands.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That's besides the point. Until 5 years ago only hardcore fans knew who those 2 were.

Spider-Man is a fukking ICON.

Like Batman, Superman level.

A whole other 22 flicks without Spider-Man is a disaster for Disney.

To be fair, the general populace didn't know about BP and CM until 5 years ago because this is America; cacs weren't going to make cartoons, live action shows, and big budget movies that promoted non-cac males in such a superior light (and we could have a field day discussing the comics themselves). Tho shout out to Wesley and McDuffie for doing what they could. Hell, MCU the most progressive of hollywood and it still took em 10 years, including Feige almost quitting bc of Ike, before they gave a black character and woman the same energy.

And now they're like "oh shyt :ohhh:these mf'rs make more money than Superman, Batman, and Spiderman!"

It's like finally letting negroes play in the professional leagues and realizing this Lebron nygga would bang on Larry Bird in a fair one. Hell, Superman is more iconic but Carol makes more money and pulls a demographic he can't (women).

It's why i find the MCU gloom n doom talk to be a bit dramatic. Yea it sucks to lose SM because the character was revitalized and Holland is solid... but barring shyt storytelling, BP 2 & 3 will make more money than any Spidey film ever and any future Avengers movie with BP and CM together with DS/GotG/Wanda/whatever new characters (not even talking x-men or f4) is still going to do the typical Avengers 1 & 2 (AoU) billy+. MCU making bank regardless.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
yo that had me on the floor. this weirdo nikka got the most posts in the got damn thread :dead:

Yet you in higher learning dapping everything I say, you been a fan of my posts for a while now :mjlol:

Disney will be fine, youngster. Don't worry.

Hilarious how these same 4-5 posters, it's nothing but nonsensical drivel. They are incapable of making a cohesive argument, I can tell they didn't finish grade 9.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
knew the truth would come out... whole internet d1kk riding Disney is crazy. its like a cult now.

and mufukkas had the damn audacity to use Stan Lee's name is crazy

Article is false. Disney wanted 25% initially, Sony didn't respond at all, Disney upped it to 50% because Sony wanted Feige to stop everything and work on spiderman right away. Tom Holland's spiderman would never fit into the venom verse. Sony is just trying to save face. Marvel would still take 25% if Sony was patient and let Feige work at his own pace instead of rushing production to create a shytty Sony product.

Edit: Spiderman was slated for phase 5 when Peter was graduating. That's not for another 3 years. Sony just wants it their way instead of focusing on other spider verse products like Morbius and Venom 2.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Rothman and Avi are toxic. They fukked up by firing Pascal. The chick who reached out to Feige and revived spiderman. This is where the fault lies. There's miscommunication because she's no longer there and Disney doesn't trust working with the same racist guy behind the Kevin Hart email. The one you guys vouch for.

Status
Not open for further replies.