Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
spider 2 was the first time a comicbook movie truly came to life 100%, outside of batman
before that comic book movies where campy and niche and would never be looked at as big box office draws

Blade ? Spawn ?

spider 2 was the first time a comicbook movie truly came to life 100%, outside of batman
before that comic book movies where campy and niche and would never be looked at as big box office draws
Only Blade 1/2 come close imo, but they get slept on

Even though FOX had xmen it still wasnt like the comic 100%
spidey blew the doors open for everyone, disney should be thanking them

tumblr_nbhwgqqzBB1rdpc3ro4_500.gif

Disney should be thanking them? The first 3 spider man movies were the sole reason I was late to watching Iron Man because all 3 were garbage

I think I get trolled online a lot when people say these movies were good ? I cant call it yet :jbhmm: an on going joke im not in on or something :jbhmm: They were so trash people didnt think comic books movies could ever be done right :dahell:

ill never take anyone serious who enjoys the garbage that was spider man 1-3

Tobey was unbearable actor and Kirstun Dunst is hard to look at more than 2 seconds like staring into the Sun

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I just saw that Disney wanted complete control of all of the Spidey spin-offs along with the 50% :dwillhuh:

Disney really thought they can go around strong arming everyone or are they retarded :mjlol:
People are really getting that 50% thing fukked up....

They wanted 50/50 financing and profits... So they didn't want to GET 50% only... They were also going to put up half the movies' budgets as well.. Basically making them start to finish, 50/50 partners

Considering they basically gave them life... And you know the results when they aren't around. I'd say 50/50 is generous. Spidey will be back to having 8 reboots if left to their own devices

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s

They wanted 50/50 financing and profits... So they didn't want to GET 50% only... They were also going to put up half the movies' budgets as well.. Basically making them start to finish, 50/50 partners

Considering they basically gave them life... And you know the results when they aren't around. I'd say 50/50 is generous. Spidey will be back to having 8 reboots if left to their own devices
All that would be cool if Disney also in return offered back 50% of the merch....but they won't do that. So in that case sony got no reason to let someone all of a sudden get 50% more control of the one thing they still got going.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Let's say Sony agreed to Disney's 50% deal and set this up for the next movie

Budget: 160M (FFH Budget)
Merch Sales: 1.6B (2014 number, probably way higher now)
BO: 1.1B (FFH as of today)

Disney/Sony Budget Spending: 80M split
Disney/Sony Marketing Budget: 144M split
Disney's Merch Sales: 1.6B
Sony's Merch Sales: 0
BO Revenue for Disney/Sony: 550M split

Disney's Total profit for Spider-Man: 2B+
Sony's Total profit for Spider-Man: 326M

How is this fair? This is not even considering the fact that this would apply to Morbius & Venom 2 as well

:mjlol:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
And not just spidey, they wanted ALL things spidey related...they wanted a piece of the Morbius and Kraven pot without even doing anything

They wanted to co-finance and make sure they could connect/integrate with the important piece, you know Spider-man. That's not unreasonable, especially hearing that they wanted a 70/30 split rather than 50/50.

fukk is the point of having Spider-man and having all of the related characters off not interacting with him while Sony pretends everything is connected to benefit from the MCU's viewer base. That process needs over-sight if they ever wanted to do a cross over that made any kinda sense.

15-20% should be a good place to restart negotiations, and play fair with the character sharing agreements.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I just saw that Disney wanted complete control of all of the Spidey spin-offs along with the 50% :dwillhuh:

Disney really thought they can go around strong arming everyone or are they retarded :mjlol:

Disney suits smoking hella crack with those numbers they threw out.. and their dumbass stans gonna ride for those nazi sympathisers

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Watching you man children meltdown has been sweeeet to watch. The evil company owns you nikkas souls

Now apparently no non mcu Spider-Man film was good ? Looooooooool

Pheeeeew the lieeeessssss

nikkas let all Thor films slide, iron man 2&3 slide, age of ultron slide, p*ssy iron man jnr slide

BUT GOT SOME NERVE to say the Raimi and Garfield flicks were trash ? Looooooooooool

Wild

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
All that would be cool if Disney also in return offered back 50% of the merch....but they won't do that. So in that case sony got no reason to let someone all of a sudden get 50% more control of the one thing they still got going.
the merch :mjlol:

You think nikkas is buying all these spidey back packs and beer openers and sneakers and pencils and every other misc spiderman item, based on these movies :russ:

They don't deserve no damn 50% of merch.. Sony puts up 50% for the movie... Marvel puts up 50%... Sony inputs on 50%, so does Marvel.. Sony gets 50% of profit, so does Marvel.. Maybe MOVIE specific merch.. But where in the hell, does Sony think, they earned 50% of all Spiderman merch.. That's their A list character.. That's their Superman... DC wouldn't give 50% of merch for Superman cause WB made 2 hot movies WITH their help

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

when you adjust for inflation even the amazing spiderman is close to far from home

giving them life :dead:

a solo spidey movie is doing a billion regardless today

pair him with venom and :wow:

marvel is going to have to come back to the table begging because they only have 2 true billion dollar properties currently: thor and BP

parallax

Superstar
Daps
when you adjust for inflation even the amazing spiderman is close to far from home

marvel is going to have to come back to the table begging because they only have 2 true billion dollar properties currently: thor and BP

you talk like they cant make more.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin

If those numbers were good enough and Sony actually believed that, then they wouldn't have brought Marvel in in the first place..

This is EXACTLY like the DC argument with BvsS... "Hey they did a billion" Yea but these are your flagship characters... They should have done 2 if Ironman can pull off 1 billy almost

Same thing... 1 billion (and they never reached it) with the #1 character in the Marvel stable, is not good enough. Spidey should be blowing EVERYTHING Marvel out of the water. Easily. You don't even need to know how to spell Marvel to know who the hell Spidey is. Off his webs alone, you don't even need to see the character. So unique, there's not even a copycat character from the other companies.

And yet, they had to reboot this shyt 3 times since I've been an adult. 3 damn times.. Countdown on the 4th is coming sooner than later. No I haven't trusted Sony with Spidey since Tobey in #2. I have ZERO faith in them and they shouldn't have any either

All they got.... Man they just got back the ENTIRE X-men... What world is that not another 2-5 billion dollar movies coming? Blade coming back... Black dollars bout to make another billy. Fantastic 4... Deadpool back... They literally have every single one of their characters except the Spidey Universe... They'll be just fine

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Watching you man children meltdown has been sweeeet to watch. The evil company owns you nikkas souls

Now apparently no non mcu Spider-Man film was good ? Looooooooool

Pheeeeew the lieeeessssss

nikkas let all Thor films slide, iron man 2&3 slide, age of ultron slide, p*ssy iron man jnr slide

BUT GOT SOME NERVE to say the Raimi and Garfield flicks were trash ? Looooooooooool

Wild
The third Raimi movie and the TASM franchise was trash tho....

You just posting to post at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.