Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
“Much of today’s news about Spider-Man has mischaracterized recent discussions about Kevin Feige’s involvement in the franchise,” said a Sony spokesperson. “We are disappointed, but respect Disney’s decision not to have him continue as a lead producer of our next live action Spider-Man film.”

“We hope this might change in the future, but understand that the many new responsibilities that Disney has given him – including all their newly added Marvel properties – do not allow time for him to work on IP they do not own. Kevin is terrific and we are grateful for his help and guidance and appreciate the path he has helped put us on, which we will continue.”

Threw Disney right under the bus, no subtlety at all :laff:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
i must have missed the ant man connection. was that in ant man and the wasp?

Pym Particles and Quantum Realm (two pivotal aspects of Endgame's plot) were introduced and expound upon in both Ant-Man movies.

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Once people get the facts tomorrow, they will start shytting on Disney

Doubt it. And even if they do, when that first Sony Spiderman film comes out without the MCU to anchor it, while the MCU is out there doing the Eternals and preparing X-Men, no one will give a shyt what Sony is doing honestly.

I say its for the best. Let Sony take Spiderman back and do whatever, Marvel/Disney has a million characters to use already. I want to see another mid tier hero get turned to A tier like they did Ironman, that's enough fukking Spiderman for now man, let that shyt go back over to Sony.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Doubt it. And even if they do, when that first Sony Spiderman film comes out without the MCU to anchor it, while the MCU is out there doing the Eternals and preparing X-Men, no one will give a shyt what Sony is doing honestly.

I say its for the best. Let Sony take Spiderman back and do whatever, Marvel/Disney has a million characters to use already. I want to see another mid tier hero get turned to A tier like they did Ironman, that's enough fukking Spiderman for now man, let that shyt go back over to Sony.

honestly if this all falls through thats exactly whats gonna happen. sonys saving grace being in control of spider man is lord and miller. otherwise shyt is gonna look bleak.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Welp, Sony was holding all the chips in this deal clearly. Venom blowing up and Spidey-Verse getting an Oscar definitely played into them playing hardball in negotiations. Welcome to the Spidey-Verse Folks aka "Sony Marvel Universe". Sony about to drop a Spidey movie per year, watch. What's crazy is Spidey's world is super huge, they can literally do mad movies just based on Spidey backlog.

Morbius
Venom 2
Spiderman 3: Back Home
Into Spider-Verse 2: Paradox
Spiderman Vs Venom (Venom 3)
Spiderman 4: Maximum Carnage
Spiderman 5: Sinister 6

(Disclaimer, not real titles though they could work lol)

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Welp, Sony was holding all the chips in this deal clearly. Venom blowing up and Spidey-Verse getting an Oscar definitely played into them playing hardball in negotiations. Welcome to the Spidey-Verse Folks aka "Sony Marvel Universe". Sony about to drop a Spidey movie per year, watch. What's crazy is Spidey's world is super huge, they can literally do mad movies just based on Spidey backlog.

Morbius
Venom 2
Spiderman 3: Back Home
Into Spider-Verse 2: Paradox
Spiderman Vs Venom (Venom 3)
Spiderman 4: Maximum Carnage

(Disclaimer, not real titles though they could work lol)

theyre gonna have to do work to make people want to see a morbius movie

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
theyre gonna have to do work to make people want to see a morbius movie

Yeah that was an interesting choice for a character to highlight now but they got Jared Leto and Tyrese in it. But I'm not expecting it to be to big but hopefully they kept the budget in check. All the other movies can all be Box Office hits. "Spidey V Venom", Carnage and Sinister 6 movies are lock for a Billi. As well as Spidey 3.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
more wack ass spiderman movies
via sony......fukk sony.
if it aint the MCU i cant fukk wit it.
wat6rr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.