Dead Cells (PC, PS4, XBOX, SWITCH)

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
So I had a really good run, beat the time guy (really easy) but died at the second last area. You can finish the game (beat the final boss) without even opening half of the game's areas?
Yea. It seems like you have to go through about the same number of areas to get to the final boss, but theres different paths.

Sidenote that last boss is a real motherfukker. :francis:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So am I able to get the rune in the Ossuary every time or only sometimes? Cos I couldn't get it when I tried earlier.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
So am I able to get the rune in the Ossuary every time or only sometimes? Cos I couldn't get it when I tried earlier.
I think you should be able to get it everytime. Maybe didnt fight the right elite :yeshrug:

I think you need the teleportation rune first

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

You should always have it after getting it the first time. It's a permanent upgrade.

So I had a really good run, beat the time guy (really easy) but died at the second last area. You can finish the game (beat the final boss) without even opening half of the game's areas?

There is multiple paths to each boss, some of which can't be opened until you get the permanent upgrades.

While you could technically finish the game and beat the final boss while only seeing....roughly half of the areas, after you beat the boss the first time you get a Stem Cell which lets you modify the difficulty....beat it a second time, you get two Stem Cells and regular Cells drop 2x as much, etc. You can get up to four Stem Cells which also opens more options on which areas you travel through, and increases the number of Cells that drop. This is especially useful if you're upgrading the Legendary Forge because the second upgrade is like 3,000 Cells and I think the last one is 8,000 Cells.

Also keep in mind they're going to keep adding areas, weapons, monsters, etc. They're working on an expansion right now.

Fred.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never gotten it, couldn't find it even though I killed the elite and checked every floor.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I've never gotten it, couldn't find it even though I killed the elite and checked every floor.
Did you have the rune that lets you teleport using the purple sarcophagus? I think you have to use that to get to it

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Very strange. That Elite has never not been in the Ossuary for me. Well, until I got it I mean. After that he disappears.

Try again and let me know if he's there.

He should be in an area that you need the Spider Rune to get out of.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think I'm gonna end up getting this for the Switch.
It seems like the type of game that would be great in small doses on the go.
I like my home console games to be longer, narrative driven experiences.

Game is dope as fukk breh. It's perfect for the Switch (even though I got it on PC) because it only takes you around 15-20 minutes to beat a level.

Fred.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Game is dope as fukk breh. It's perfect for the Switch (even though I got it on PC) because it only takes you around 15-20 minutes to beat a level.

Fred.
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Games like that feel perfect for handheld consoles.
I was never a fan of handheld games that required long play times. For handheld; I need games that are pick up and go and games that are easy to play even after not playing for weeks at a time.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Games like that feel perfect for handheld consoles.
I was never a fan of handheld games that required long play times. For handheld; I need games that are pick up and go and games that are easy to play even after not playing for weeks at a time.

After you get it let me know if you have any questions. I been playing it for like a year (had it on Early Access via Steam) so I know all the ins and outs of it.

Fred.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think I'm gonna end up getting this for the Switch.
It seems like the type of game that would be great in small doses on the go.
I like my home console games to be longer, narrative driven experiences.
Definitely do it! Its a perfect Switch game
There is some slowdown in later levels that's noticeable but a patch is coming soon

• Dap
Reactions: hex