DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths Animated Trilogy (Final part out)

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
DC crossovers are at their best when they're focused on character stories. None of these crossover plots make a lick of sense and they always are resolved by Flash running faster :mjlol:

I thought part 1 was one of DCs best in a while, especially compared to that half assed warworld one. I hope part 2 measures up to it.
Every DC crisis other than Final Crisis is incredibly overrated to me. they have some good moments but are full of absolute nonsense and being forced to care about D list characters.

Final Crisis does that too, but at least the core story and artwork is outstanding. Its actually underrated to me.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Just watched and bruh… smh

This shyt has been a snooze fest. I was expecting real DCAU, Teen Titans, Young Justice, Tomorrowverse style crossovers. Missed opportunity here. It’s hard to even tell that it’s connected to the end of Apokolips War.

Huge let down with Mark Hamill and Will Fredle. I saw Batman Beyond all up in the promos and they only gave dude like 2 lines. Absolutely no explanation on his backstory, what world he came from and why he’s with this group either

I think Mark is in part 3, credits list Troy Baker as Joker.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
DC crossovers are at their best when they're focused on character stories. None of these crossover plots make a lick of sense and they always are resolved by Flash running faster :mjlol:

I thought part 1 was one of DCs best in a while, especially compared to that half assed warworld one. I hope part 2 measures up to it.
You are not lying. Warworld was an utter mess. Don't know who's calling the shots now on these DC animated movies but they are starting to really drop the ball. Doom That Came To Gotham was trash too. The animated movies were the one thing they did near flawlessly. These past two years though..:patrice:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I haven’t seen part 2 yet, but part one was incredibly poorly directed. I just watched it Friday. The director did a bad job of creating a coherent story/ques concerning the time jumps, so you end guessing a lot what was happening.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Part 1 was probably the closest in tone and vibes we've had to the Timm/McDuffie JLU of the early 2000s. It was a solid somewhat self-contained Flash story, but the intended crowd-pleasing moments with the larger cast of DC characters felt inorganic and empty. Like if Infinity War premiered without the 10 years of character investment.

i.e. What they attempted with Batman, Huntress, and Nightwing fell flat bc we don't know nor care about these specific versions. The Batman(s) we've known have always had Nightwing/Robin.

Stewart and Shayera meeting up was a nice intended nod to us fans from 20 years ago... but it's been 20 years. DC never bothered to cash in on their popularity so seeing that thrown in for 2 whole seconds was meh. Other examples too like Superman/WW, etc but i digress.

Similar with the recent trailer for part 2; a lot going on about the stakes but my emotional stake in these characters were at an all-time low.

Saw part 2... and it confirmed my suspicions from what i saw a mile away: The whole inter-connectivity dating back to the Timm-verse was basically cap. Or at best an insincere marketing gimmick getting by on technicality. i.e. Like what the above poster said, even if that is our Terry McGinnis that we watched on tv 25 years ago... who gives a fukk, he's wallpaper status with no true indicators.

At least with part 1 behind all the gimmicks was a decent "Flash" story. I found part 2 to be less engaging; at bare minimum you had known characters introduced in part 1 that we should've continued following their story, instead of juggling two entirely new subplots/origin stories for obscure characters.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

IT WAS DECENT.
NOTHING SPECIAL.

I LIKE THE WAY THEY
EXPLAINED HOW KARA
ENDED UP ON TEAM MONITOR
BECAUSE THAT WAS OUT OF LEFT FIELD
IN PT. 1.

:devil:
:evil:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should let Bruce Timm own the animated movies again that don’t have anything to do with what Gunn is doing.

I feel like if Timm was allowed to do this, it would’ve been done better. I remember they brought Adam West back for Batman a few years ago in an animated movie. We probably would’ve had a huge Superfriends, Timm-verse, DCAU, Teen Titans, Young Justice, Tomorrowverse story based around Crisis if they let him do it.

Thats what I thought we were getting when I saw articles saying certain ppl would return to voice their characters, but all they did was have them return to voice random variants for 1-2 lines and we don’t even know if they were meant to be the versions we grew up on

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They should have passed on doing the Crisis storyline because the build up just hasn’t been there in this new iteration. You’d get some rather vague references from the previous films that some of the characters were some other Earths (like Wonderwoman), but no follow up whatsoever.

It seems like they wanted to initially stick to individual stories, but pivoted when Gunn came into the fold and wanted to revamp the universe and needed a way to do it.

The only thing that really makes logical sense in this new universe is how Constantine is the same person from the previous universe.

Last edited: