DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

EOmZun3.gif

Give us Brainiac for MoS2!!!!!!!!!

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reviews been shyt for years. If you interested in a movie get word of mouth from someone you trust. Or catch a screener then go watch it. I did that with this one and really enjoyed it. There is no longer independent thought people dikkride waves of opinions.

That's been the case for years, people only use reviews for their own agenda, the Marvel and DC stans on here love doing that shyt

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was the middling "The Rock" experience that I thought it would be. User reviews are like 95% of the time complete bullshyt.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Good movie. Like most of yall said the plot really didnt make too much sense it was just a vehicle to show black adam fukkin shyt up so i didnt mind. Rock wanted to make a villain likeable so having a story like this was the only way to have it 50/50 when BA is already a full blown villain with an understandable motive.

With the after credit scene you know the rock is happy to have an on screen competitor that is physically his match without having to stand on crates like Vin
this is why niccas dont get paid to review films. Folks are perplexed at RT scores from reviewers but say shyt like this in their review lol. You cant just gloss over a trash script because u like the fights. Just nonsense

This shyt was mediocre. I will probably nvr watch this again. Definitely not in full. There was a couple cool action parts but i wasnt blown away by anything and most of it was shown in trailers. The JSA overall was ass. Hawkman fighting someone he cant beat over and over again was so pointless. I liked pierce as kent but that was not my dr fate. Niccas using the helmet of fate like some random streetwalker. Guess nabu gives no fukks nowadays. Cant get over how he could just freely take the shyt off numerous times. Even using the helmets magic without wearing it. Wild. The other two members were useless and legit were only put in the flick to cover all their age groups i guess. Plus the lil love story angle they were going with wasnt needed.

From the trailers I knew sarah shahi and her kid would be a major part of this shyt and that was a detriment imo. Between the kid and his terminator 2-esque relationship with adam OFF THE JUMP and his corny ass speech at the end. I was mostly rolling my eyes at him. I couldnt stop tryna figure out what work sarah shahi got on her face as well cuz she looks so different from her L word or even Life (great show if anyone remembers it) days.

Dont even get me started on that final boss. That shyt was ass and it looked ass. Also made u feel the length of the film seeing as how it basically had two endings. This was a 6.5/10 flick at best. I will never understand how DC mediocrity is dope but Marvel mediocrity is trash. Mid is mid brehs

Last edited:

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Hobbs and Shaw made $201m in China. Meanwhile Black Adam doesn't even have a release date..

In you exclude China, Hobbs and Shaw made 384m overseas. Black Adam is gonna need a multiplier of nearly 3x to make even 50% of that :francis:

The usual number thrown around is you gotta do 2.5x off your production budget. So 450m/500m

This movie can't afford to big weekly drops and it needs China to play ball

You’re embarrassing yourself

Just stop

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
This movie was so disappointing

:francis:

I didn't watch any previews that showed the kid or his mom and they were an awful addition. This broad calling the shots because she looks like his dead wife.

:martin:

Problem with this movie is that awful script, good lord. The narration at the beginning didn't need all of that exposition, show and tell (visually). Don't spoon feed me. Never a good feeling while watching that it reminded me of the X-Men Apocalypse and the 1st Thor movie... The dialogue is so cliché and belongs in an 80s movie.

The worst part about these movies is that they insult your intelligence. The audience has seen these things a million times, no need to return to the same tropes. The tone is what was done wrong, humor where it shouldn't be. I watched the recent Batman movie 5 times, it took itself seriously the entire time with a tone and environment that was alive. This? Ugh.

I'm glad I grew up on the X-Men movies, can't imagine this schlock being my introduction to the world of comics.

There was never a villain being set up over the course of the movie that made me think Black Adam couldn't handle business. I just didn't care for this country and their problems. Not going to sit here and pretend like I know his rogue gallery but anything was better than this.

It was a really good performance from the Rock and Brosnan. Their powers were showcased well enough, don't know who Dr. Fate is but his last battle was dope. Outside of that, the jokes mostly fell flat, and the characters were always doing too much to not convince me they were 3D.

And then the final boss transformation sequence made me question if this was really a pg13 movie.

I got a text from my sister saying I wouldn't like the movie, should have listened.
:francis:

Last edited: