DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It’s like you’re betting on this to fail. Why? Rock is huge in China this won’t bomb it’s already over 140mm world wide right now without China… this won’t bomb.
The opposite actually. I want this to not flop because it's success or failure determines whether or not we get another Superman movie

I'm just stating facts :manny:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I just don’t understand why motherfukkers don’t want to see DC succeed. You chodes don’t like Batman and the gang fighting Darkseif? FOH

I saw this movie just because I want to support the cause. Fun action film to watch. It wasn’t Citizen Kane but I didn’t want it to be.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Just saw it this evening....I enjoyed it :yeshrug:

No spoilers but it looks like they watched how Marvel portrayed Doctor Strange and modeled Dr. Fate after that. Hawkman was a G tho

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I actually enjoyed this. The plot was weak but I enjoyed the overarching story. Loved the throne homage

Interested in where they go with the sequel.
This was super fire
Black-Adam-sits-on-a-throne.jpg

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
you're shockingly full of shyt

Hobbs and Shaw opened at $60, cost the same $200mm, and ended at $760mm. There wasn't a number it would've hit that you would've said was a success.

Rock is the biggest box office draw in hollywood other than a rejuvenated Tom Cruise right now, and this was his biggest weekend ever...with no holiday or anything...

this is a win

EDIT: and BTW already hit $73mm internationally and is at $140mm globally.
Hobbs and Shaw made $201m in China. Meanwhile Black Adam doesn't even have a release date..

In you exclude China, Hobbs and Shaw made 384m overseas. Black Adam is gonna need a multiplier of nearly 3x to make even 50% of that :francis:

IT has to make $400 million to make a profit, correct?
The usual number thrown around is you gotta do 2.5x off your production budget. So 450m/500m

This movie can't afford to big weekly drops and it needs China to play ball

Last edited:

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps

It’s also his biggest grossing opening weekend ever…. Once this hits China, it’ll be a wrap… this ain’t bombing like some people are praying for it to do, It amazes me that so many people want this to fail (weirdos)

I welcome more masculine testosterone filled action movies to the theaters. fukk all the woke sissy shyt… I’m a man god damnit. I’ll support and fight for this type of shyt all day.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It’s also his biggest grossing opening weekend ever…. Once this hits China, it’ll be a wrap… this ain’t bombing like some people are praying for it to do, It amazes me that so many people want this to fail (weirdos)

I welcome more masculine testosterone filled action movies to the theaters. fukk all the woke sissy shyt… I’m a man god damnit. I’ll support and fight for this type of shyt all day.

Some good 80s style action fukkin mufukkaz up with no fukks given, corny but hilarious catch phrases, and low to no forced agenda shyt. And Especially with no emasculation of brothas.

Aldis killed it and his Hawkman suit was fly (no pun intended :pachaha: )

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just saw it this evening....I enjoyed it :yeshrug:

No spoilers but it looks like they watched how Marvel portrayed Doctor Strange and modeled Dr. Fate after that. Hawkman was a G tho
Yea....No. Dr. Fate is the OG. Strange is the copy but I get what you mean. I wish we had a Dr. Fate story.