DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I have no idea why people are complaining about the story, a lack thereof or a a weak story...i thought it was a very good story honestly...the narrative of Khandaq NOT wanting a team of superheroes to designate themselves as liberators was strong, and they got to choose their own champion. Its one of the better plots in comics and translated well here.

I like the fact that they built up a hero's journey in someone who AIN'T a hero at all, and made him heroic by the third act.

I liked it a lot...definitely more than Thor and Doc Strange this year...i'd maybe give the nod to The Batman still for best of the year in this genre, but this was very good.

B+, A- level for sure

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I have no idea why people are complaining about the story, a lack thereof or a a weak story...i thought it was a very good story honestly...the narrative of Khandaq NOT wanting a team of superheroes to designate themselves as liberators was strong, and they got to choose their own champion. Its one of the better plots in comics and translated well here.

I like the fact that they built up a hero's journey in someone who AIN'T a hero at all, and made him heroic by the third act.

I liked it a lot...definitely more than Thor and Doc Strange this year...i'd maybe give the nod to The Batman still for best of the year in this genre, but this was very good.

B+, A- level for sure

:ehh: YOURE A REAL COMICBOOK HEAD
SO THIS STAMP OF APPROVAL
LETS ME KNOW IM GOING TO
SEE THIS.
:devil:
:evil:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

:ehh: YOURE A REAL COMICBOOK HEAD
SO THIS STAMP OF APPROVAL
LETS ME KNOW IM GOING TO
SEE THIS.
:devil:
:evil:

I'd say the complaints i'm seeing that are valid are about the kid being a little annoying (skateboarding and shyt, its a kid in a movie type shyt you know), and they do the "slow mo action shot" a lot like when 3d movies were super popular. Not as bad as when justice league / snyder cut did it for flash scenes though.

Rock got busy for sure. Its worth a watch.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
I watched the animated shazam & superman vs black adam got me hyped for the movie seeing it tonight at 730

Just had an idea for the sequel

Make hawkgirl a PAAG :banderas:

Last edited:

morris

Superstar
Daps
one thing that's not surprising to me at all.... Cacs aren't supporting the movie. Cacs for opening day only made up 25% :mjpls: :mjpls:

"In addition, there’s a great diverse turnout of audiences for Black Adam with 29% Black, 26% Hispanic, 25% Caucasian and 13% Asian. "
Now I remember. When the Rock released the video stating he was supporting Biden the maggats came out full force and, as usual, revealed their true colors. man were they hating and threatening him

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Now I remember. When the Rock released the video stating he was supporting Biden the maggats came out full force and, as usual, revealed their true colors. man were they hating and threatening him
That video where Rock lent his endorsement really broke many Tennesseans hearts in the area where I lived.

And I loved every fukking second of it too. :banderas:

Daps
one thing that's not surprising to me at all.... Cacs aren't supporting the movie. Cacs for opening day only made up 25% :mjpls: :mjpls:

"In addition, there’s a great diverse turnout of audiences for Black Adam with 29% Black, 26% Hispanic, 25% Caucasian and 13% Asian. "
there saving there money for joker 2 and deadpool:mjpls::mjpls:

calh45

Cal
Daps
$27M opening day so probably a $65M open...good for an obscure superhero/anti-hero.

Audience scores are very high by any metric vs. bad reviews. That to me suggests a crowd please. We hope to see it maybe tonight or next Friday..

I read a review that said it was literally the worst movie of all time. I don't know if it's pandering to Disney or them just riding a wave of it being fun to shyt on DC movies, but this movie shows why I don't take no movie critics seriously anymore when it comes to comic book movies.

WB primary issue going forward with their movie plan is that Disney groomed all of the reviewers into Marvel stans.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding

B+, A- level for sure

Agreed, don’t understand the hate at all

This was an excellent experience

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
There's more prominent Black male representation in this movie than in Black Panther 2 : Matriarchy Forever :mjlol:

:mjpls:

Also those white nerds got extra mad when the Rock said he's not fighting some kid hero like Shazam, he only fights Superman etc...or someone else on his level .

:mjpls:

Last edited:

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding

NAH THIS ISNT
GOING TO WORK
BECAUSE SHE HULK WASNT
FUNNY AT ALL...

HOW IS THIS shyt 20% LOWER