DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn’t want the stink of Shazam but forgot that people actually liked that shyt…he thought Shazam was 2012 john cena but in reality he’s 2015 john cena….he needed that rub
Got love from critics, was a commercial success. Came right after Aquaman and had people believing that DC was turning the corner.

Then they released Birds of Prey and WW84 :russ:

Rock tried to take over DC and change his character’s antagonist to fukking Superman.

At one point he was heavy promoting the Shazam Adam clash then it shifted.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Think it’s obvious that he saw BA as his ego project to get him into the superhero genre. He wanted BA to be on the level of Superman (probably wanted to play him but knew that wasn’t happening) hence all the hierarchy of power nonsense. Thought he was too good for Shazam when the smart thing would have been to be introduced in Shazam and then go for a solo movie. Ultimate goal of course was a Black Adam vs Superman movie (where they fight to a draw because his ego wouldn’t allow him to be flat out beaten)

Instead this will go down as a failed vanity project more memorable for the fukkery surrounding it than the movie itself and the final nail in the coffin of the DCEU.

The public smelled what he was cooking, and decided it was rotten.

Last edited:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
is it really that bad? im still watching it on redbox when it comes out
It's worth a watch. It's not this dreadful experience some would have you believe. Internet hyperbole is the worst these days.

The worst I would say is that it doesn't pick a lane and so the movie shifts from film type A to film type B.

Last edited:

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
Rocks ego too big. This mfer refused to be in Shazam but got a cameo from Supes in his film. Now shyts getting changed and his life long passion project is bushed. All because this mfer probably wanted to be the main nikka of the DCEU when all Black Adam is is a Shazam villain/Anti Hero.

Congratulations you played yourself. See you at mania.
I think they could have finessed having The Rock/ Black Adam be the face of the DCEU, but it would have required a ton of groundwork to get people to give a damn about the character's motivations. The way Black Adam was just taking people on without any gravitas made hime feel like a gag type of character, similar to One Punch Man or Doomguy. Like, the dude is damn near invincible.

I'm not super heavy into comic rankings, but the fact that Marvel was able take off with Iron Man being the foundation, as opposed to Spiderman is probably good evidence of that.

I like the concept of an antihero becoming humanized over time, and I see that they were trying to show that with Hawkman and Dr.Fate trying to bring Adam's humanity back after being woken up after 5000 years. If they didn't bush Superman, we could have seen the Symbol of Hope that Supes embodies motivate Black Adam to be more than just a vengeful antihero. Where we left off, Adam was the Symbol of Hope in Khandak, but he didn't really give a damn about the rest of the world. A good evolution would have been him integrating with the Justice Society or the Justice League when bigger threats like Brainiac or Darkseid eventually come to Earth.

I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas out. I think what I'm proposing would have been hard to pull off, cause making Black Adam the foundation of the DCEU wouldn't have left alot of room for guys like Supes or Shazam.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Yeah, even though I liked the movie. I did find it odd that Shazam was no where to be seen in Black Adam. Not even a mention.

There's literally someone on Earth with his exact powers and NOBODY told him. The little boy (Amon) was a DC superhero nerd but yet doesn't know that Shazam exists? :mjlol:

Last edited:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Yeah, even though I liked the movie. I did find it odd that Shazam was no where to be seen in Black Adam. Not even a mention.

There's literally someone of Earth with his exact powers and NOBODY told him. The little boy (Amon) was a DC superhero nerd but yet doesn't know that Shazam exists? :mjlol:

Also, why would they send the B-team to go and handle him? Shazam watching the news and decided to sit this one out? Superman seeing someone with similar powers & abilities and decided to chill back? :mjlol:

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
So glad I didn't see this garbage in theaters.

This shyt had Dwayne's stink all over it like I fukking knew it would. You honestly don't give a fukk if Adam lives or dies in this because he made the character so God damn one dimensional and BORING. I mean, Adam in the books is a shyt talking powerhouse, not some quiet but strong flying Terminator.

The fact that you have the same god damn power origins as Shazam and NOBODY, not Waller, not Fate or Hawkman, even mentions it is fukking laughable. Speaking of which, somebody please take DC away from WB, because you have TONS of interesting and extremely powerful characters in the DC universe that they can use, and they keep on sending these fukking scrubs to go after literal Gods and that shyt doesn't make sense even with the suspension of disbelief.

I'd rather watch Love and Thunder in German with no subtitles.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

Eternium.
The only fukking thing in the movie that could hurt Black Adam and they did NOTHING with it. Did they forget about it while writing the screenplay?

I swear this movie was written by a 9th grader with ADHD.