DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Problem with the movie was that, as expected, it came across as a rehash of other superhero movies. Not to mention blatant taking from T2 with the kid teaching him catch phrases/their relationship. It wasn't horrible, just kind meh" and like an early 2000s superhero flick when we've advanced from there. Some decent action, but too heavy on the slo mo, and repetitive defeating of far weaker opponents. Cringe dialogue and cliche plot, with weak villain.

For people who enjoyed it, it's not going to make enough for a sequel. I get that opinions are subjective but presumably if you liked this, you'd want to see a sequel(s). Why not want a better movie? i want DC to do well, but that will only happen if they strive for greatness, not mediocrity.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Problem with the movie was that, as expected, it came across as a rehash of other superhero movies. Not to mention blatant taking from T2 with the kid teaching him catch phrases/their relationship. It wasn't horrible, just kind meh" and like an early 2000s superhero flick when we've advanced from there. Some decent action, but too heavy on the slo mo, and repetitive defeating of far weaker opponents. Cringe dialogue and cliche plot, with weak villain.

For people who enjoyed it, it's not going to make enough for a sequel. I get that opinions are subjective but presumably if you liked this, you'd want to see a sequel(s). Why not want a better movie? i want DC to do well, but that will only happen if they strive for greatness, not mediocrity.
The prevailing theory is this movie was a tech demo and Black Adam will face off against Superman in some later movie

calh45

Cal
Daps
The kid sucked. Outside of that it was a harmless super jerk movie. Nowhere near bad as reviews said, but the Rock can't help to make cheesy shyt.

This was definitely a setup movie for him vs Cavill. James Gunn will fix the next story.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps

I thought the kid was supposed to be Bart Simpson with the skateboard and the jacket tied around his waist. I like the comparison to John Connor more. The whole time I was wondering why they had a kid lifted from the 90s in there.

Movie was w/e. I don't know how it got to be pg-13. Hawkman and Dr. Fate were the highlights of the film. Atomic Smasher and Cyclone were pretty good. If I was a kid I'd probably watch this movie over and over.

Last edited:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
not sure why this film reviews tanked

rotten tomatoes and metacritic been looking kinda :flabbynsick: this year

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
not sure why this film reviews tanked

rotten tomatoes and metacritic been looking kinda :flabbynsick: this year

Cause the film has too many blacks in authority. Didn't fit into the current Hollywood agenda.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

Geordi

All Star
Daps
Tried watching this twice and could not finish it. These nikkas was Dr Strange, Antman, Fury, Terminator 2, Moon Knight, X men Apocalypse, Tomb Raider, Doja Cat, Star Wars, Avengers jokes, annoying kid and I was only half way through:gucci:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Why do these films have to go the cheesy comedic route? It doesn't make sense
People have been fickle as fukk about DC for a decade. MoS/BvS are "too dark." DC should do like Marvel. Justice League and Suicide Squad are "trying to be like Marvel, they suck." Wonder Woman is literally north and south pole at the same time.

You want DC to have a direction, understandable. But WB can't seem to pick what side of the isle they want to play since social media sways these studios every few thousand tweets.