Days Gone | PS4 | Out Now

Daps
Don't you put that evil on us :ufdup:, God of War was a smash hit last year and I copped for $17 brand new on Black Friday. Horizon Zero Dawn was another big hit I got the complete edition for $20 new summer last year.

Sony isn't shy about dropping prices on successful 1st party titles :obama: (besides Spiderman :shaq2:).
Black Friday is over half a year from now. If you want to wait that long...:mjgrin:

Won't lie, I'm still waiting for Spiderman to hit that $20. Can't justify copping a low rent Arkham knockoff any higher.:mjcry:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Black Friday is over half a year from now. If you want to wait that long...:mjgrin:

Yeah I usually get all my games for the low way after the hype :manny:, its the best way for me. Once the price drops to my desired range its time to buy - I just bought Assassins Creed Origins Gold for $25 on PSN :mjgrin:. Not buying fukking Spiderman til that price drops either :russ:. From a time perspective it puts me at a disadvantage bc a lot of these games are pretty long and my backlog is huge. From a value perspective its definitely worth it. Nothing like popping in the greatest hits of the generation knowing you getting more than your moneys worth :win:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Lol breh you know what I mean, right now everything they do is worshipped. I fukk with Uncharted and Last of Us heavily, but people overrate the hell out of them. That generic ass story they did in Last of Us is somehow supposed to be the greatest videogame story ever :camby:.
They took shyt to another level based on that E3 trailer last year though, so they probably will live up to the hype now :lupe:

Some people have the audacity to call them the best in the Gaming Industry

They will never touch Rockstar until they make an actual Open World Game and not a scripted level 1-2-3 game :yeshrug:

TLOU2 better be a more immersive, memorable experience than both Red Dead Redemption games :ufdup:

Daps
Yeah I usually get all my games for the low way after the hype :manny:, its the best way for me. Once the price drops to my desired range its time to buy - I just bought Assassins Creed Origins Gold for $25 on PSN :mjgrin:. Not buying fukking Spiderman til that price drops either :russ:. From a time perspective it puts me at a disadvantage bc a lot of these games are pretty long and my backlog is huge. From a value perspective its definitely worth it. Nothing like popping in the greatest hits of the generation knowing you getting more than your moneys worth :win:

Won't lie, it's very rare I'll cop a game for $60. It has to be a special, one of a kind experience for me to do that, and even that may not be enough. Like you, I have too many games in my backlog to savor. I'm still running to Gamestop to grab Xbox360 classics that I never played for $9 or cheaper. The worst is when you want something that's been out for over 10 years, yet it's $20. I don't know how Gamestop justfies that. :mjlol:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They will never touch Rockstar until they make an actual Open World Game and not a scripted level 1-2-3 game :yeshrug:

TLOU2 better be a more immersive, memorable experience than both Red Dead Redemption games :ufdup:

Linear games aren’t inherently worse than open world. Naughty Dog doesn’t need to make a different game to compete with Rock*. That’s a different lane

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
0QzDsOQ.jpg

SMH

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub

Aye theyre up there for sure :whoa:, I don't need everybody making open world games. Rockstar just needs to give us that Bully 2 to make the cypher complete :ahh:

Bend Studio can get there, they came a long way from the handhelds. Days Gone is the starting point and theyre already working on something for the next gen

Daps
Days Gone almost plays like The Evil Within 2, only with superior visuals and greater freedom. The world building and systems are very similar. I loved TEW2, btw.

Kairi Irving

Daps
Linear games aren’t inherently worse than open world. Naughty Dog doesn’t need to make a different game to compete with Rock*. That’s a different lane

Aye theyre up there for sure :whoa:, I don't need everybody making open world games. Rockstar just needs to give us that Bully 2 to make the cypher complete :ahh:

Bend Studio can get there, they came a long way from the handhelds. Days Gone is the starting point and theyre already working on something for the next gen

Nah brehs, Rockstar making games with outstanding graphics, riveting story experiences with unique characters in memorable locations, giving you the ability to do whatever the full you want to do in their simulated worlds. Easter eggs and Exploration. Don't ever say they are up there with Rockstar brehs.

Only Linear game I played multiple times was Manhunt 2 when I was a kid and recently Resident Evil 2 Remake (which I never cared for or ever owned a RE game) now I'm a fan of that series, played RE2 Remake 4 times....TLOU once.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah brehs, Rockstar making games with outstanding graphics, riveting story experiences with unique characters in memorable locations, giving you the ability to do whatever the full you want to do in their simulated worlds. Easter eggs and Exploration. Don't ever say they are up there with Rockstar brehs.

Only Linear game I played multiple times was Manhunt 2 when I was a kid and recently Resident Evil 2 Remake (which I never cared for or ever owned a RE game) now I'm a fan of that series, played RE2 Remake 4 times....TLOU once.
Doesn't really matter what you think personally, the general consensus is Naughty Dog is among the top tier devs in the gaming industry according to whatever metric you want to use(awards won, critic reception, fan reception, sales etc.)

A game being linear or open world isn't the final say on whether it arbitrarily deserves this award of GOAT. I've played UC2 over 5 times alone and TLOU twice I believe. They were games with "riveting story experiences, outstanding graphics with memorable locations giving you the ability to interact and play in the world they created.

They're far more memorable to me than a lot of open world games made by Rockstar such as GTA IV or RDR1/2 IMO. Games naturally get bigger as scopes increase but wanting every game to be a huge world like GTA V just for the sake of bragging rights is corny. Not every game design has the same goal in mind. If you prefer open world games cool but don't act surprised when a game that isn't open world is lauded all over because of other things it brings. Can't even imagine someone going "Meh" at TLOU Part II because it's not open world. Crazy imo.

Kairi Irving

Daps
Doesn't really matter what you think personally, the general consensus is Naughty Dog is among the top tier devs in the gaming industry according to whatever metric you want to use(awards won, critic reception, fan reception, sales etc.)

A game being linear or open world isn't the final say on whether it arbitrarily deserves this award of GOAT. I've played UC2 over 5 times alone and TLOU twice I believe. They were games with "riveting story experiences, outstanding graphics with memorable locations giving you the ability to interact and play in the world they created.

They're far more memorable to me than a lot of open world games made by Rockstar such as GTA IV or RDR1/2 IMO. Games naturally get bigger as scopes increase but wanting every game to be a huge world like GTA V just for the sake of bragging rights is corny. Not every game design has the same goal in mind.

They are a level underneath Rockstar. Storytelling is really what makes ND good.

To be the GOAT you have to do it all, not some brehs.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They are a level underneath Rockstar. Storytelling is really what makes ND good.

To be the GOAT you have to do it all, not some brehs.
Breh you talking like Rockstar has a game that looks just like TLOU Part II while being open world as GTA V.

You claiming Rockstar the goat because they "do it all" when they don't come close to the story telling and graphics/animations of Naughty Dog games. It's not even debatable breh.

Nothing comes close to the animations and graphics ND pushes out. Saying otherwise would make it seem like you're hating. I'm not saying R* doesn't make GOAT worlds like GTA San Andreas or RDR 2 but with detail/animations like this? Mind you these scenes aren't scripted as I've played out certain sequences that had different animations depending on what was going on. Scripted would be like a fight that always starts off exactly the same way every time.

TEHGnNB.gif

OswN7TL.gif

Naughty Dog doesn't make open world games in the style of GTA or RDR. If anything something like Days Gone or Horizon Zero Dawn is a more apt comparison.

Kairi Irving

Daps
Breh you talking like Rockstar has a game that looks just like TLOU Part II while being open world as GTA V.

You claiming Rockstar the goat because they "do it all" when they don't come close to the story telling and graphics/animations of Naughty Dog games. It's not even debatable breh.

Nothing comes close to the animations and graphics ND pushes out. Saying otherwise just proves you're hating. I'm not saying R* doesn't make GOAT worlds like GTA San Andreas or RDR 2 but with detail/animations like this?

TEHGnNB.gif

OswN7TL.gif

Naughty Dog doesn't make open world games in the style of GTA or RDR. If anything something like Days Gone or Horizon Zero Dawn is a more apt comparison.

So we gonna act like GTA 6 isn't going to defecate all over TLOU2? Them leaks are pretty much real. Why? Same shyt happened with V and RDR2 the details were all true. VI has VC, LC and LS in one game. I didn't even read the rest of your soliloquy because time will prove I'm right lol

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So we gonna act like GTA 6 isn't going to defecate all over TLOU2? Them leaks are pretty much real. Why? Same shyt happened with V and RDR2 the details were all true. VI has VC, LC and LS in one game. I didn't even read the rest of your soliloquy because time will prove I'm right lol
I'm telling you Rockstar is dope and makes the best open world games and isn't comparable to ND games but you're just intent on saying they're going to "defecate" over a completely different game. It's like saying Cyberpunk 2077 will destroy Gears of War 5. Smh You're just being a fanboy right now. :hhh: