David Jaffe "Spiderman 2: Is Sony Formula Getting Stale" (Update: He Upset)

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Beautiful video. Sony been getting exposed crazy this year
How's that exposing helping the company you stan from being a 3rd place loser again for the 4th gen straight.

How the fukk you spend 77 billion and actually do worse after 11 quarters when comparing ps4vsxbone and ps5vsSeries

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
How's that exposing helping the company you stan from being a 3rd place loser again for the 4th gen straight.

How the fukk you spend 77 billion and actually do worse after 11 quarters when comparing ps4vsxbone and ps5vsSeries

Have you been living under a rock the past 24 hours. The numbers proved Xbox is more financially successful than Sony.

Sony boys in Shambles. What an angry post. We sell 100 million plastics ass outta here

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I expect Sony Stan's to come in here and deflect instead of having an honest conversation.

Ask me how I know...
I mean what else can you add to a spidey game that they arent cramming into this my man? There's instaneous switching between Peter and Miles, a gliding ability that's useful for when there's no buildings to attach to, Peter is using the symbiote suit and he has doctor octopus's arms, miles has teleportation abilites. This is the ultimate spider-man experience.

Last edited:

s@n

All Star
Daps
Uncharted fukking sucked, let's keep it a buck. GOW is just okay, and is awful if you don't care about the story (which I do not, I read tons of mythology as a kid). QTE, especially forced, is cancer in a video game (even for joints I really like, like Bayonetta). Spiderman had some terribly boring sections and I skipped all the cutscenes. I'm not sure why hours and hours of cinematic crap gets dumped in these games when half the time they don't matter in the overall canon. I'm not here to defend Jaffe, because he's a twat; he's not entirely wrong in terms of how these games end up playing

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Jaffe is right. This guy explains it better. (Yes, dude is biased, but his chart is :banderas:)

I bookmarked to his main point.

Histrionic facial expression + bold green lettering (biased) = not watching

:snooze:

“Sony games are overrated”…yet they have high ratings and sales from the actual players who play them.

shyt is clown status.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Histrionic facial expression + bold green lettering (biased) = not watching

:snooze:

“Sony games are overrated”…yet they have high ratings and sales from the actual players who play them.

shyt is clown status.
Mayne, just go on and take your medicine. You aren't going to like it, but when you see that chart dude makes. You won't have any choice but to cosign.

:pachaha:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
there never was anything really groundbreaking about the spider man games, they're just kinda fun tbh

but it is def funny to see sony stans defend low-hanging fruit being sold in DLCs and common game features being made that existed decades ago

some of the notable video games posters in Arcardium are the biggest fukkin dweebs on this website

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
And my retort is, Spider-Man 2 isn't supposed to be genre changing game. It's supposed to be a fun superhero power fantasy action game. It's goal is to entertain. Not reinvent the wheel. It's also what Marvel wanted, which is a Arkham clone.

What's hilarious is Xbox passing up the game. Could have had Insomniac make it for them too. shyt is just :laff:

But hey, we're going to focus on our own internal studios....who put out nothing all last gen HaloGearsForza.

edit: you can give them Sea Of Thieves I guess. :pachaha:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
What's hilarious is Xbox passing up the game. Could have had Insomniac make it for them too. shyt is just :laff:

But hey, we're going to focus on our own internal studios....who put out nothing all last gen HaloGearsForza.

edit: you can give them Sea Of Thieves I guess. :pachaha:

Do they even market Sea of Thieves? Because it's a beautiful game. Or can they market a PvP game where you will be griefed by a$$holes within a few minutes of playing?