David Fincher's MINDHUNTER - Netflix Series

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
Episodes 7 and 8 are excellent, dunno what you are talking about. 8 is the most interesting of all the episodes in many ways.

Ok. I disagree. I've already forgotten how that flame fizzled. I enjoyed how big psycho decapitated mom skull fukker scared the living shyt out of homey. Didn't care for the dynamic between him and his girl. Entire season we peeked through the window of the btk killer with no payoff. Maybe I missed something haven't read this thread, but I felt pretty strong about what I posted at the time...

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I liked it. It wasn't great but it was (eventually) engaging enough for me to want to see more and watch through the end.

The first two episodes were shaky though, with the pilot being especially lackluster; but as time went on I got into it. Holden and Debbie (the lead couple) NEVER held my interest though. I FF'd through a lot of their scenes. I was actually insanely irritated when 15mins into the first episode they introduced a "romantic" subplot with them cause the show really didn't need it. I went in expecting a straightforward cop drama and got hit in the face with a boring 'meet cute'. No one in the audience came for that.

The acting was shaky in the first episodes too, especially between Holden & Debbie. I'm still holding on to the notion that the actor is actually a gay man - which might well explain his lackluster scenes with his female love interest - but I can't be sure. It may well just be a case of bad writing and poor direction.

Either way, this was hardly a show that "hooked me" from the jump and it definitely failed to wow me for the most part, but eventually I grew to really like it.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I liked it. It wasn't great but it was (eventually) engaging enough for me to want to see more and watch through the end.

The first two episodes were shaky though, with the pilot being especially lackluster; but as time went on I got into it. Holden and Debbie (the lead couple) NEVER held my interest though. I FF'd through a lot of their scenes. I was actually insanely irritated when 15mins into the first episode they introduced a "romantic" subplot with them cause the show really didn't need it. I went in expecting a straightforward cop drama and got hit in the face with a boring 'meet cute'. No one in the audience came for that.

The acting was shaky in the first episodes too, especially between Holden & Debbie. I'm still holding on to the notion that the actor is actually a gay man - which might well explain his lackluster scenes with his female love interest - but I can't be sure. It may well just be a case of bad writing and poor direction.

Either way, this was hardly a show that "hooked me" from the jump and it definitely failed to wow me for the most part, but eventually I grew to really like it.
eh...
i think the show needed that relationship.
if for anything just to show how obsessed Holden is with this serial killer shyt.
shyt, when they was together thats pretty much all he talked to her about.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
eh...
i think the show needed that relationship.
if for anything just to show how obsessed Holden is with this serial killer shyt.
shyt, when they was together thats pretty much all he talked to her about.

Toward the end they tried to make it seem like he was just so obsessed and was forcing all this shyt on Debbie yet they clearly show her being into talking about the killers and the psychology behind it. It was just dumb. The whole relationship was poorly handled. I mean why have her cheat on him then they break up, it's never talked about..then they get back together....only to break up again.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Toward the end they tried to make it seem like he was just so obsessed and was forcing all this shyt on Debbie yet they clearly show her being into talking about the killers and the psychology behind it. It was just dumb. The whole relationship was poorly handled. I mean why have her cheat on him then they break up, it's never talked about..then they get back together....only to break up again.

Cheat? We don't even know if that happened breh.

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
Posted from another thread. But before that, this show was just good.

He takes some time getting used to but he kind of grew on me. I ended up liking his character. At the start he seems like a boy scout but he does progress more and more throughout.

They did a very good job at creating an eerie and compelling atmosphere. The serial killers and potential killers roles were well acted.

I don't know if this would be considered a spoiler but I will spoiler it

The overarching serial killer in Kansas will undoubtedly be fleshed out in season 2 and he creeped me the fukk out. His story lines are brief and generally occur during the openings so pay attention.

Bill is my favorite character (Holden's partner).

The show is definitely in my top 3 when it comes to Netflix shows.

At around the 3rd episode things start to pick up a bit more.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Cheat? We don't even know if that happened breh.

Well she was caught kissing and hugged up with a man in the corner of a dark room during an experiment. The whole point of the experiment being something about seeing if people's true natures come out when the lights go off or some shyt. At the very least we saw her in a very compromising position with a man that isn't hers. Maybe she didn't "cheat" but we don't know what would've happened if Holden hadn't been there. And obviously he saw enough of a problem there to end things.