David Fincher HBO Remake of Utopia series

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i love fincher even though i have issues with all his remakes and adaptations and shyt.

it would have been well directed, but do you really think it would have looked THIS dope

ibmkkhh5VUVdMp.png

Utopia.S02E02.HDTV.x264-RiVER.mp4_000602880.jpg

630a05642b9f4953c92bb5aefc633c79.png

tn9yxg0bq0we7_NeI8dBYYLCa9aAJ-86g19mqDoWBWDz-h_z1WwSWwzGekkVzZD_O4jKvmuvvBMYvjFrrQGcOQ=s600

and there's way more examples, but i really can't find em online..shows how few people watched this show.

and Gone Girl had a dope soundtrack, but let's be real the soundtrack on Utopia was just on another level.

unless he bit everything about the OG show i just feel it would be a a bit of a let down for those who had already seen it
Why exactly could Fincher not recreate this visual and sonic identity? Obviously he had a vision or idea for the show otherwise he wouldn't be interested in making it in the first place

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why exactly could Fincher not recreate this visual and sonic identity? Obviously he had a vision or idea for the show otherwise he wouldn't be interested in making it in the first place

I love Fincher but his visual style is very straight forward. Almost clinical. I'm not saying it's impossible but I seriously doubt he'd color correct the series like the original, which is half of the charm of the show.

Fred.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I love Fincher but his visual style is very straight forward. Almost clinical. I'm not saying it's impossible but I seriously doubt he'd color correct the series like the original, which is half of the charm of the show.

Fred.
That is true but I was honestly hoping to see him adopt a more stylized visual style with this remake, but now it looks like we'll never know :mjcry:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Fred.
not only that, when i think of fincher i think nighttime and dark color palettes.

Utopia was a thriller set almost entirely during the day time. I struggle to recall any of the scenes taking place at night other than 1 or 2 in the second season.

Not to say it wouldn't work with Fincher's style but it wouldn't have the charm as you say

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it would have been a letdown anyways, not overly disappointed

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
not only that, when i think of fincher i think nighttime and dark color palettes.

Utopia was a thriller set almost entirely during the day time. I struggle to recall any of the scenes taking place at night other than 1 or 2 in the second season.

Not to say it wouldn't work with Fincher's style but it wouldn't have the charm as you say

I wanted Fincher to give it his own twist though. There's no way he was going to able to replicate the OG show, but Fincher working with the same premise and story was very interesting to me.

Anyways, fukk him for being a moron. 100M? :what: :pacspit:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Might be alive again (without Fincher). Skip to 42:35

Keep in mind this is the guy who first broke the Rooney Mara casting way back when, so presumably he's got legit sources on this project.

• Dap
Reactions: hex