David Fincher HBO Remake of Utopia series

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
100 mill to make Utopia? :comeon:

I would've deaded that shyt too if i was HBO

no way in the world it cost that much to make one season of Utopia.This isn't Game of Thrones

Edit: and HBO offered 95 mill and he turned it down? :mindblown:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
100 mill to make Utopia? :comeon:

I would've deaded that shyt too if i was HBO

no way in the world it cost that much to make one season of Utopia.This isn't Game of Thrones

Edit: and HBO offered 95 mill and he turned it down? :mindblown:

Yeah I don't understand that number at all. Not only because it shouldn't cost that much too make it, but it also doesn't seem to make sense to take that big of a financial risk on a remake of a show that barely anyone watched and was cancelled after 2 seasons.

I guess though, that if they love the show that much its possible they try and bring it back with a new showrunner.

Vilhena

All Star
Daps
Do American show runners realise that Brits speak the same language just with a different accent?

I barely see the point of remaking Danish/Swedish/Whatever series into English, but remaking English into English? FOH. Just pay for a third series with the original UK cast and pick up where Channel 4 left off you money grabbing c*nts.

It's an American bravado thing. If it ain't American, it aint genuine.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:blessed:

Maybe they will finally fukking put it on Netflix like it was supposed to be a week ago
HBO owns the rights.

Netflix spent 100M for the first two seasons of House of Cards, 26 episodes.

Not sure how Fincher is suggesting 10M an episode for Utopia:jbhmm:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
HBO owns the rights.

Netflix spent 100M for the first two seasons of House of Cards, 26 episodes.

Not sure how Fincher is suggesting 10M an episode for Utopia:jbhmm:
HBO is known for buying way more shyt than they ever put on the air. I really hope it does not see the light of day and would rather have them put the first two seasons on Netflix for the non hardcore fans to finally see how great it was

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
HBO is known for buying way more shyt than they ever put on the air. I really hope it does not see the light of day and would rather have them put the first two seasons on Netflix for the non hardcore fans like us to finally see how great it was

:stopitslime:

So you would rather the HBO version not be made because you are too lazy to download it from somewhere else

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

So you would rather the HBO version not be made because you are too lazy to download it from somewhere else

:camby:

i've seen both seasons. it's a goat show. most people aren't like us on fukking message boards breh and have not even heard of it. i was talking about them

and since i have seen it and know how unique and godly the cinematography and color timing was i don't wanna see a generic one made

And :pacspit: Fincher who wants to remake everything a year after it happens

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:camby:

i've seen both seasons. it's a goat show. most people aren't like us on fukking message boards breh and have not even heard of it. i was talking about them

and since i have seen it and know how unique and godly the cinematography and color timing was i don't wanna see a generic one made

And :pacspit: Fincher who wants to remake everything a year after it happens
a fincher directed utopia would be generic? :childplease: this shyt would've been fire :mjcry:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
a fincher directed utopia would be generic? :childplease: this shyt would've been fire :mjcry:
i love fincher even though i have issues with all his remakes and adaptations and shyt.

it would have been well directed, but do you really think it would have looked THIS dope

ibmkkhh5VUVdMp.png

Utopia.S02E02.HDTV.x264-RiVER.mp4_000602880.jpg

630a05642b9f4953c92bb5aefc633c79.png

tn9yxg0bq0we7_NeI8dBYYLCa9aAJ-86g19mqDoWBWDz-h_z1WwSWwzGekkVzZD_O4jKvmuvvBMYvjFrrQGcOQ=s600

and there's way more examples, but i really can't find em online..shows how few people watched this show.

and Gone Girl had a dope soundtrack, but let's be real the soundtrack on Utopia was just on another level.

unless he bit everything about the OG show i just feel it would be a a bit of a let down for those who had already seen it

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
i love fincher even though i have issues with all his remakes and adaptations and shyt.

it would have been well directed, but do you really think it would have looked THIS dope

ibmkkhh5VUVdMp.png

Utopia.S02E02.HDTV.x264-RiVER.mp4_000602880.jpg

630a05642b9f4953c92bb5aefc633c79.png

tn9yxg0bq0we7_NeI8dBYYLCa9aAJ-86g19mqDoWBWDz-h_z1WwSWwzGekkVzZD_O4jKvmuvvBMYvjFrrQGcOQ=s600

and there's way more examples, but i really can't find em online..shows how few people watched this show.

and Gone Girl had a dope soundtrack, but let's be real the soundtrack on Utopia was just on another level.

unless he bit everything about the OG show i just feel it would be a a bit of a let down for those who had already seen it

:ohhh:

I've got to watch this..