David Fincher HBO Remake of Utopia series

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
I have very mixed feelings about this remake for a few reasons.

1. I think it's kinda retarded to do a remake of a show that's currently airing. It's even already in English. HBO could've copped the broadcast rights to the original show. Then again I have doubts they'll let all the shyt from the original ride in the U.S. remake. Specifically season 1, episode 3.

2. David Fincher directing the entire season is great. No complaints about that.

3. On the other hand, he's never done anything visually similar to "Utopia". And if he doesn't color-correct each episode like they do, that's half the signature style of the show gone. "House Of Cards" is great but "Utopia" with the same color palette would be :scust:

4. Having said all this, I have high hopes for the HBO version succeeding because the UK version is flopping horrifically over seas. Season 1 Blu-Ray sales were so low I've heard they aren't even releasing season 2 on BR. So worst case scenario the UK version gets cancelled, they can talk to Dennis Kelly and finish the story.

Hopefully the UK version gets to end on it's own terms though.

Fred.

WHAT THE fukk IS WRONG WITH YOU UK BREHS? HOW CAN THIS SHOW BE THAT LOW IN THE RATINGS AND SALES?!?!?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably one of the most overrated shows on this website based off the first season. That shyt was average television with accents.

First season was exceptional.In what way was it average? Explain.

Second season was disappointing.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I need to watch season 1 still. Its getting high praise on here but ive been slacking.

Ray donovan and masters of sex finished up though so i got more time.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Probably one of the most overrated shows on this website based off the first season. That shyt was average television with accents.
giphy.gif

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know it's Fincher the GAWD, but I never like remakes of foreign stuff, with the exception of The Ring:wow:

...and, what American actress they gonna get to play Jessica Motherfukkin Hyde:stopitslime:

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
I know it's Fincher the GAWD, but I never like remakes of foreign stuff, with the exception of The Ring:wow:

...and, what American actress they gonna get to play Jessica Motherfukkin Hyde:stopitslime:

Don't like Shameless? Or The Office?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Rooney Mara will potentially star

blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/rooney-mara-in-talks-to-reteam-with-david-fincher-for-hbo-series-utopia-20150623

@hexagram23

I low key forgot this shyt existed. :dead:

There's been zero info about it for months. In between the "Utopia" info he started a whole other project, and it got canceled. shyt was :what: because I thought this was his next project.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I low key forgot this shyt existed. :dead:

There's been zero info about it for months. In between the "Utopia" info he started a whole other project, and it got canceled. shyt was :what: because I thought this was his next project.

Fred.
Apparently it is his next project now.

Fincher be like..if it aired a year ago..I will find it and I will remake it :troll:

• Dap
Reactions: hex