David Fincher HBO Remake of Utopia series

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Westworld just got delayed to 2016, so hopefully HBO pushes this up a bit.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Rooney Mara will potentially star

blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/rooney-mara-in-talks-to-reteam-with-david-fincher-for-hbo-series-utopia-20150623

@hexagram23
:dead: at Rooney being the go-to for when Americans need to remake something with a goth looking chick just like Dragon Tattoo

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wesworld must be early 2016 or summer 2016 depending on if they do a TD season 3.

Yeah, either January 2016 or Summer 2016 since Thrones is inbetween. Summer seems too far away but January seems too soon. Unless they have a shortened 8 episode season 1 or something.

TD will be interesting. It took bigger break than their dramas typically do because they have one writer doing all the episodes. If this season flops maybe HBO will push for a writing team that lets them get on a 12 month cycle.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks like it might be dead because HBO and Fincher couldn't agree on a budget

David Fincher HBO Pilot 'Utopia' In Jeopardy Over Budget Issues

The pilot already has cast a number of actors, including Fincher’s Girl With The Dragon Tattoo star Rooney Mara, though all deals are contingent on a budget agreement, which has not been reached yet and chances are getting slimmer. (Some numbers I heard mentioned — north of $100 million as the lowest Fincher would go for the series, while HBO’s highest offer was pegged at $95 million, with the two sides not able to close the gap). I hear HBO executives want very much to be in the David Fincher business and are hoping for a hail mary pass but odds appear slim at this point. UPDATE 6 PM: Still no official word from HBO, but I hear that the actors cast in Utopia have been released, indicating that the pilot may indeed be dead.

They probably spent that other 5M to show Khaleesi riding on that fukking dragon :francis:

I wonder who else was casted.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Have television shows gotten that expensive? :lupe: That's in the ball park of 10M an episode in a 10 ep season.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Do American show runners realise that Brits speak the same language just with a different accent?

I barely see the point of remaking Danish/Swedish/Whatever series into English, but remaking English into English? FOH. Just pay for a third series with the original UK cast and pick up where Channel 4 left off you money grabbing c*nts.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Do American show runners realise that Brits speak the same language just with a different accent?

I barely see the point of remaking Danish/Swedish/Whatever series into English, but remaking English into English? FOH. Just pay for a third series with the original UK cast and pick up where Channel 4 left off you money grabbing c*nts.
some people don't like accents :yeshrug: