David Banner calls out the black community for being too quick to criticize other black people

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Where did u get the bolded from bruh

BIG, MA$E, THE LOX,
ALI FROM THE ST LUNATICS....

BIG WAS TAKING CASH
AND GHOST WRITING UNDER ALIASES
SO PUFF WOULDNT GET THE ROYALTIES
SINCE PUFF OWNED HIS PUB.

NELLY SAID HE PAID ALI
CASH FOR HIS CONTRIBUTIONS
ON COUNTRY GRAMMAR BECAUSE
HE SOLD HE PUBLISHING YEARS PRIOR
FOR 16K.

IF YOU LOOK AT THE LOX
SOLO RUFF RYDERS ALBUMS
YOULL SEE "JUSTIN COMBS PUBLISHING" IN THE LINER NOTES.

EVE ALBUM GHOST WRITING,
CLIPSE ALBUM,
RR COMPILATION OR ANYTHING
THE LOX WERE FEATURED ON
AND YOULL SEE JUSTIN COMBS PUBLISHING.
:devil:
:evil:

mag357

Superstar
Daps

BIG, MA$E, THE LOX,
ALI FROM THE ST LUNATICS....

BIG WAS TAKING CASH
AND GHOST WRITING UNDER ALIASES
SO PUFF WOULDNT GET THE ROYALTIES
SINCE PUFF OWNED HIS PUB.

NELLY SAID HE PAID ALI
CASH FOR HIS CONTRIBUTIONS
ON COUNTRY GRAMMAR BECAUSE
HE SOLD HE PUBLISHING YEARS PRIOR
FOR 16K.

IF YOU LOOK AT THE LOX
SOLO RUFF RYDERS ALBUMS
YOULL SEE "JUSTIN COMBS PUBLISHING" IN THE LINER NOTES.

EVE ALBUM GHOST WRITING,
CLIPSE ALBUM,
RR COMPILATION OR ANYTHING
THE LOX WERE FEATURED ON
AND YOULL SEE JUSTIN COMBS PUBLISHING.

The bolded... I understand that. If true, that's grimey/smart on bigs part. Lol.
I get it.
He was still signed to bad boy correct and puff owned his publishing. So I would think anything he did while under that deal would be a part of his catalog that puff had rights to.

The other part is two different things.
A nikka owning ur publishing and you as an artist having nikka as ur publishing company.
Justin combs publishing was apparently their publishing company. They would be the people that makes sure anybody who uses there music pays. So they can get paid.

Would puff be getting paid too, yes. Cause publishing companies charge a fee. But he's not getting the money like if he "owned their publishing".
And u get to choose ur publishing company or not have one at all, so that's all confusing.
Justin combs publishing is affiliated with ASCAP

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The bolded... I understand that. If true, that's grimey/smart on bigs part. Lol.
I get it.
He was still signed to bad boy correct and puff owned his publishing. So I would think anything he did while under that deal would be a part of his catalog that puff had rights to.

The other part is two different things.
A nikka owning ur publishing and you as an artist having nikka as ur publishing company.
Justin combs publishing was apparently their publishing company. They would be the people that makes sure anybody who uses there music pays. So they can get paid.

Would puff be getting paid too, yes. Cause publishing companies charge a fee. But he's not getting the money like if he "owned their publishing".
And u get to choose ur publishing company, so that's all confusing.
Justin combs publishing is affiliated with ASCAP

:dead:THATS PUFFS PUBLISHING COMPANY.

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD THE LOX
BE UNDER JUSTIN COMBS PUBLISHING
FOR YEARS AFTER THEY FELL OUT WITH PUFF IF THEY HAD A CHOICE?

BIGGIES, ALBUMS MA$E, TOTAL, BLACK ROB ETC
ALL UNDER JUSTIN COMBS PUBLISHING.

mag357

Superstar
Daps

:dead:THATS PUFFS PUBLISHING COMPANY.

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD THE LOX
BE UNDER JUSTIN COMBS PUBLISHING
FOR YEARS AFTER THEY FELL OUT WITH PUFF IF THEY HAD A CHOICE?

BIGGIES, ALBUMS MA$E, TOTAL, BLACK ROB ETC
ALL UNDER JUSTIN COMBS PUBLISHING.

I mean, I know thats puffs company. Lol
He had one in his mom's name apparently too lol.

But It's just a publishing company. That doesn't mean he still owned their publishing for their later catalog after bad boy.

But this was a good convo. We gotta pick it up again.
Just wanted to leave this witcha. I'm sure u remember this when puff went up to hot 97 after the phone argument but I'm just putting it here for anyone reading our back And 4th.
It's a good quote

“I would have signed that deal”, Diddy stated referring to the initial contract with Bad Boy, “But also to keep it real, I would have been so on my business that I would have been at that office trying to make the deal better. Don’t feel sorry for people that are lazy and then blame it on the other person. They are not on top of their business, but they need to get on top of it. Forget the beef, the talking reckless Sit down, and handle it. Before you even meet with me, sit down with your accountant for three hours and go over your life. Manage your life, sit at home by yourself and read your contract word for word. There are books that I have for them [like] Publishing 101.
Although Diddy states that he is more than willing to discuss business with his former artists, he doesnt agree with how they voiced their displeasure.
“This isn’t gangsta. This isn’t even manly. This is borderline funny-style. When you got a situation, you handle it man to man. Angie can’t help the situation, New York can’t help it. You gotta help yourself. You come and see me so I can teach you. I think you gonna thank me. I invested in and I believed in you. You believed in me and I believed in y’all. (If you have problems with me), call me. Don’t make a mixtape, you call me because I don’t play those games.”

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
David Banner had some points but most of yall aint gonna get what he saying.

He technically wasn't even taking up for Puff nor did he officially mention his name.

And I know why: Cause he was just using this situation to make a point.

Puff can be a piece of shyt but that totally doesn't invalidate Banners point

But most of yall won't get that...But it seems ever other race does

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Banner is correct. Crabs and c00ns love tearing successful black men down. If diddy did it then let them prove it in court. I will never join a lynch mob against another black man unless there is irrefutable evidence. And what he is being charged with nobody has seen any evidence yet. Your innocent until proven guilty. If you got nothing nice to say then say nothing. No need to cheer on the feds. Let them prove it.

Folks acting like the feds, government and media never play dirty and they are lead by morals or something. Same prosecutors who let cops off the hook for killing black men daily. Yall cheer leaded for Cosby going to jail and he was completely exonerated on appeal cause the dirty prosecutor deliberately broke the law and violated his constitution rights. From day one of the Cosby case every media outlet and the govt knew what they were doing to Cosby was illegal and they did it any way while you c00ns cheered it on.

Most of these cats won’t be laughing until it’s their turn…

You can be rich, poor, house, field, thug, or a president… those folks will never see you as their equal. That’s why black folks have to stick together, no matter what.

They don’t respect turncoats against their race anyways. Diddy is a prick but I’m not gonna turn him to the folks. That’s disloyal

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I mean, I know thats puffs company. Lol
He had one in his mom's name apparently too lol.

But It's just a publishing company. That doesn't mean he still owned their publishing for their later catalog after bad boy.

But this was a good convo. We gotta pick it up again.
Just wanted to leave this witcha. I'm sure u remember this when puff went up to hot 97 after the phone argument but I'm just putting it here for anyone reading our back And 4th.
It's a good quote

“I would have signed that deal”, Diddy stated referring to the initial contract with Bad Boy, “But also to keep it real, I would have been so on my business that I would have been at that office trying to make the deal better. Don’t feel sorry for people that are lazy and then blame it on the other person. They are not on top of their business, but they need to get on top of it. Forget the beef, the talking reckless Sit down, and handle it. Before you even meet with me, sit down with your accountant for three hours and go over your life. Manage your life, sit at home by yourself and read your contract word for word. There are books that I have for them [like] Publishing 101.
Although Diddy states that he is more than willing to discuss business with his former artists, he doesnt agree with how they voiced their displeasure.
“This isn’t gangsta. This isn’t even manly. This is borderline funny-style. When you got a situation, you handle it man to man. Angie can’t help the situation, New York can’t help it. You gotta help yourself. You come and see me so I can teach you. I think you gonna thank me. I invested in and I believed in you. You believed in me and I believed in y’all. (If you have problems with me), call me. Don’t make a mixtape, you call me because I don’t play those games.”

WE KNOW PUFFY IS A LYING SNAKE
SO I WOULDN'T TAKE ANYTHING HE SAYS
PUBLICLY SERIOUS

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

I fukkS WITH BANNER
BUT IF THIS IS ABOUT THAT
CROOKED DEVIL PUFFY
HE COULD HAVE KEPT THIS shyt.

PUFF HAS fukkED OVER
BLACK PPL FOR DECADES.

YOURE ACTUALLY ANTI BLACK
IF YOURE DEFENDING PUFFY

Regardless. He's 100% right. Starting from the Katt Williams shyt. Our community has legit disgusted me this year. We tear eachother down on some crab shyt quick as fukk and nikkas call that "real". These crackas in on the jokes meanwhile most of they legends they look up to are flat out worse than Diddy and they won't say shyt. U even had Red Hot Chili Peppers joining in to diss Drake meanwhile their lead singer is a legitimate admitted pedo. Did u see them outrage about Charlie Sheen? Corey Feldman tried to warn them about him for years and got push back. Yet they was cool with attacking an INNOCENT Michael Jackson. Corey flat said MJ was one of the few celebrities who tried to protect him and never tried no funny shyt. Didn't stop them from attacking his character. Making documentaries. Etc etc. And it didn't stop us from joining in on that bullshyt. I'm just sick of all the crab ass shyt. nikkas going on a witch hunt for Jay Z for what? Cause u don't like him? Cause he's rich? Tryna drag every black person that ever took a picture with Diddy into the bullshyt why? It's the reason literal mentally ill people like Jaguar Wright and Choke No Joke have a platform. Our community needs some serious reflection forreal. Muthafukkas even tried to attack Steph Curry's blackness cause he said he's tired of Not Like Us.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Most of these cats won’t be laughing until it’s their turn…

You can be rich, poor, house, field, thug, or a president… those folks will never see you as their equal. That’s why black folks have to stick together, no matter what.

They don’t respect turncoats against their race anyways. Diddy is a prick but I’m not gonna turn him to the folks. That’s disloyal
Look at how black people treated Kamala but supported Trump. She gotta be perfect. Have 2 black parents. Prove it by birth certificate. Have a black American background. Had to never have dated anyone in the past. Have never put a black person in jail even tho she was a prosecutor. And must give every black person reparations. Meanwhile Trump has committed treason, had sexual harassment cases. Pedo cases. Tied to cats like Jeffrey Epstien. Lies about stupid shyt. Has zero professionalism. Admittedly has no plan. Emboldens racists. Tried to get the central park five the death penalty. Mishandled a whole pandemic which caused 100s of thousands of casualties. And the list goes on. Yet he gets support from our people. This is literally the most shameful and mentally retarded generation I've ever witnessed in my life.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Banner is correct. Crabs and c00ns love tearing successful black men down. If diddy did it then let them prove it in court. I will never join a lynch mob against another black man unless there is irrefutable evidence. And what he is being charged with nobody has seen any evidence yet. Your innocent until proven guilty. If you got nothing nice to say then say nothing. No need to cheer on the feds. Let them prove it.

Folks acting like the feds, government and media never play dirty and they are lead by morals or something. Same prosecutors who let cops off the hook for killing black men daily. Yall cheer leaded for Cosby going to jail and he was completely exonerated on appeal cause the dirty prosecutor deliberately broke the law and violated his constitution rights. From day one of the Cosby case every media outlet and the govt knew what they were doing to Cosby was illegal and they did it any way while you c00ns cheered it on.
People are crabs and c00ns now for not standing behind a piece of shyt parasite who only ever exploited other Black people for his own personal gain? Get out of here with that bullshyt. What the fukk did he do to deserve such loyalty? And why do people like you only pop out with this fake ass radical shyt in defense of degenerate entertainers? We're not in a court of law, we don't have to abide by the 'innocent until proven guilty' principle. fukk Sean Combs. Let his expensive lawyers defend him.

No, just stop. We're not doing this in defense of Diddy. Yes, the system is rigged against Black men, particularly the ones who don’t have the wealth or resources to defend themselves. And that’s why we need to be careful about who we are defending and why. The criminal justice system disproportionately harms everyday Black men, not multimillionaires like Diddy who can afford top-tier legal teams. If we try to exploit that reality to argue that someone with the power and resources of someone like Diddy is a victim of it, then we weaken the real conversations that need to be had about everyday Black men getting locked up on flimsy evidence and minor charges. That's not to say that money shields you from some of those harms, but at least in the legal system, you can leverage those resources for a top-tier defense.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On one hand I see what he's saying, but on the other hand, I don't think anyone should feel obligated to tolerate someone else's bs because of shared traits or culture, or whatever.
If anything we're a little too protective of "our own." From that goon fukking up the neighborhood to Cosby, certain people in the community act like our blackness is predicated on protecting these bums.

You don't see the Jewish David Banner talking about how they shouldn't talk shyt on Epstein or Weinstein. In fact, you don't see that group even acknowledging their existence once they got caught being scumbags.

But we just gotta turn it into a big family style debate (and gossipy entertainment) and act like Diddy is some mistreated cousin.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
nikkas legacy is Like A Pimp and telling black folks to stunt on other black folks. No amount of pro blackity black rhetoric will ever eclipse the damage he contributed to the psyche of the black community. Salute to Banner being holier than thou over us calling out degeneracy
:salute:
He ran up on them cac record labels execs with a pistol when they wasn't pushing his music
He's a real one in my book
:ehh:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Bro... That's not being taken advantage of.
That's business.

Someone gives you money for something, and u think it's a good deal, cool

Because bro...Im telling u. When u sign a deal, especially as an unknown artist, they are taking everything because it cost a lot to make albums and pay for the whole life of artist.
They gotta recoup.

The Lox has said themselves they were wrong.
They just wish the business was different.
So theres literally nothing to debate bro
Fam, that's litteraly taking advantage of someone ignorance.

Puff knew those publishing real worth and scammed those breh

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
DB sees the bigger picture. A lot of celebrities clowning him won’t be laughing when it’s their time.

It’s bigger than Puff.. No Diddler

At the end of the day, our black legends won’t make it out clean.

Suge Night already got his punishment, it’s time for Fluff to get his
Someone actually gets it.