David Banner calls out the black community for being too quick to criticize other black people

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Banner is correct. Crabs and c00ns love tearing successful black men down. If diddy did it then let them prove it in court. I will never join a lynch mob against another black man unless there is irrefutable evidence. And what he is being charged with nobody has seen any evidence yet. Your innocent until proven guilty. If you got nothing nice to say then say nothing. No need to cheer on the feds. Let them prove it.

Folks acting like the feds, government and media never play dirty and they are lead by morals or something. Same prosecutors who let cops off the hook for killing black men daily. Yall cheer leaded for Cosby going to jail and he was completely exonerated on appeal cause the dirty prosecutor deliberately broke the law and violated his constitution rights. From day one of the Cosby case every media outlet and the govt knew what they were doing to Cosby was illegal and they did it any way while you c00ns cheered it on.

mag357

Superstar
Daps

nikka YOURE WRONG.

PUFF BROUGHT MASE PUB
FOR ABOUT 20K AND BROUGHT BIGS PUB
FOR ABOUT 100K.

THEY WERE BROKE, HADNT
MADE ANY MONEY IN THE MUSIC BIZ YET
AND DIDNT KNOW WHAT PUBLISHING WAS
UNTIL THEY BLEW UP AND
REALIZED THEY WERE GETTING YANKED.
:devil:
:evil:

Bro... That's not being taken advantage of.
That's business.

Someone gives you money for something, and u think it's a good deal, cool

Because bro...Im telling u. When u sign a deal, especially as an unknown artist, they are taking everything because it cost a lot to make albums and pay for the whole life of artist.
They gotta recoup.

The Lox has said themselves they were wrong.
They just wish the business was different.
So theres literally nothing to debate bro

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Bro... That's not being taken advantage of.
That's business.

Someone gives you money for something, and u think it's a good deal, cool

Because bro...Im telling u. When u sign a deal, especially as an unknown artist, they are taking everything because it cost a lot to make albums and pay for the whole life of artist.
They gotta recoup.

The Lox has said themselves they were wrong.
They just wish the business was different.
So theres literally nothing to debate bro

IT IS TAKING ADVANTAGE.

PUFFY BEEN IN THE MUSIC
INDUSTRY SINCE THE 80S...

nikka SIGNS POOR KIDS OFF
THE STREETS THEN WAVE 20K
IN THEIR FACE KNOWING
THEY AINT NEVER HEARD OF PUBLISHING.

STRAIGHT SNAKE MOVE.

THAT WAS THE CAUSE OF
THE DEATH ROW BAD BOY BEEF.

PUFFY HAD JODECI AND MARY J BLIGE PUBLISHING....

SUGE WAS JODECI AND MARY J MANAGER.

HE WAS TRYING TO GET THEIR
PUB BACK FROM PUFF WHEN
BIG JAKE GOT KILLED.

JODECI/MARY AINT NEVER BEEN
SIGNED TO BAD BOY BUT
PUFF TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THEM
WHEN HE WAS THE A&R AT UPTOWN.

THE PUB HUSTLE HAS ALWAY BEEN HIS SCHTICK.

HE GETS PAID
FOR ALL OF YOUR WRITING CREDITS
WHICH IS WHY BIG STARTED
TAKING CASH FOR GHOST WRITING

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I thought he was going to talk about black gender wars, diaspora wars, or whatever
But he's talking about Diddy
Bruh, some of us cant be saved

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's wrong because people do call this stuff out, but there isn't any support for them. They're labeled as crazy or whatever. There are less people like Noah than folks think. Most of us won't believe in something until everyone else believes it, showing just how our of touch we are with the truth. Same kind of folks that will believe in a lie just because it's said a million times. No sort of backbone.

The people who involve themselves with Puffy need to take some accountability. Sure we can call out Puff but we have zero credibility,and are throwing around stories based on rumors that seem legitimate for one reason or the other. This doesnt just fall on black people to call this out. It was definitely known what type of time Puffy was on by law enforcement imo. They heard stories from actual reliable sources and witnesses and swept it under the rug.(until it was time:sas2:)

Its not black peoples jobs to police the entertainment industry. When people keep signing up to get beat,robbed and raped by the same characters. Or if not the same chsracter,finding themselves in the same situations hundreds before them warned about.

It would be far more productive if we called out the culture we know exist. Rather than call out one individual and pretend he was the only one,and it isnt common place. We dont know if the stories are true,but we damn sure know the culture exist. Calling out Puff alone allows the culture to wipe its brow,and help bury the scapegoat, While they temporarily clean up their act,clean up lose ends and get rid of evidence. Then its right back to culture as usual once the noise dies down:respect:

mag357

Superstar
Daps

IT IS TAKING ADVANTAGE.

PUFFY BEEN IN THE MUSIC
INDUSTRY SINCE THE 80S...

nikka SIGNS POOR KIDS OFF
THE STREETS THEN WAVE 20K
IN THEIR FACE KNOWING
THEY AINT NEVER HEARD OF PUBLISHING.

STRAIGHT SNAKE MOVE.

THAT WAS THE CAUSE OF
THE DEATH ROW BAD BOY BEEF.

PUFFY HAD JODECI AND MARY J BLIGE PUBLISHING....

SUGE WAS JODECI AND MARY J MANAGER.

HE WAS TRYING TO GET THEIR
PUB BACK FROM PUFF WHEN
BIG JAKE GOT KILLED.

JODECI/MARY AINT NEVER BEEN
SIGNED TO BAD BOY BUT
PUFF TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THEM
WHEN HE WAS THE A&R AT UPTOWN.

THE PUB HUSTLE HAS ALWAY BEEN HIS SCHTICK.

HE GETS PAID
FOR ALL OF YOUR WRITING CREDITS
WHICH IS WHY BIG STARTED
TAKING CASH FOR GHOST WRITING

Bro... U can have your opinion, which is cool.

But 2 things, like any other company that somebody works for... U work there and u produce things but you don't anything of what u produce because u didn't put in the money and the risk.

Secondly, if u think puff did them dirty... Why are they still hanging around puff.
If a nikka robbed you, then u would try to get at him or wouldn't talk to him or be around him.
Again, they've said he didn't take advantage of them. So that's pretty much the end all be all brother

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Bro... U can have your opinion, which is cool.

But 2 things, like any other company that somebody works for... U work there and u produce things but you don't anything of what u produce because u didn't put in the money and the risk.

Secondly, if u think puff did them dirty... Why are they still hanging around puff.
If a nikka robbed you, then u would try to get at him or wouldn't talk to him or be around him.
Again, they've said he didn't take advantage of them. So that's pretty much the end all be all brother

DUDE THAT LITERALLY HAS
NOTHING TO DO WITH PUBLISHING.
YOU THINKING ABOUT MASTERS.

PUFF OWNING THEIR PUBLISHING
MEANS HE RECEIVES THEIR WRITING
ROYATIES FOR THE REST OF MANKIND
NO MATTER WHO THEYRE SIGNED TO,
NO MATTER WHO THEY WRITE FOR

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
I dont remember anyone defending and/or that said let thing play out in the justice system, as it related to Weinstein, facing much scrutiny :lupe:

mag357

Superstar
Daps

DUDE THAT LITERALLY HAS
NOTHING TO DO WITH PUBLISHING.
YOU THINKING ABOUT MASTERS.

PUFF OWNING THEIR PUBLISHING
MEANS HE RECEIVES THEIR WRITING
ROYATIES FOR THE REST OF MANKIND
NO MATTER WHO THEYRE SIGNED TO,
NO MATTER WHO THEY WRITE FOR

Smh Bro I know what publishing is.

Maybe we're misunderstanding each other.

U said "writing royalties"?
The publishing is "licensing' of the product, which would be the song, so the work can be used and the owner can make money.
There's a couple parts to a song but if we're talking about the writers, then they get credits. the writer of a the work will always get their perct of that. They will get a check. Because the are credited as the writers.
But artist want to own all of their publishing which is the licensing too. (This has nothing to do with the masters).

Puff can't own their writers royalties.
I remember when u do a song, and I had BMI. U have to actually put the lyrics and who contributed to each part of the song with their government name so they can get paid.

The masters are the physical recordings. The labels usually owns those regardless.

So it looks fcked up because the label owns the actual masters and then they own the licensing.
Which they will get paid from both when the song is being used.

So what I was describing in my other post was the fact that at someone's job, they make and create things. But when they leave that company they don't own nothing they created.
Simply because this is how companies stay in business and take most of the risk.
You only work there.

Edit: I wrote all that. And now I see why u said I'm talking about the masters.
Ur saying that the actual recordings should be the only thing the label owns because the artist produced the recordings in the studio for the label.
Like a person at a regular job. I Gotcha.
Good point.

But the publishing should be fully owned by the artist?

And I'm still saying NO. An artist is basically contracted out to do a work. And whether it be the physical recordings or licensing ownership, the label should have rights to that.

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Smh Bro I know what publishing is.

Maybe we're misunderstanding each other.

U said "writing royalties"?
The publishing is "licensing' of the product, which would be the song, so the work can be used and the owner can make money.
There's a couple parts to a song but if we're talking about the writers, then they get credits. the writer of a the work will always get their perct of that. They will get a check. Because the are credited as the writers.
But artist want to own all of their publishing which is the licensing too. (This has nothing to do with the masters).

Puff can't own their writers royalties.
I remember when u do a song, and I had BMI. U have to actually put the lyrics and who contributed to each part of the song with their government name so they can get paid.

The masters are the physical recordings. The labels usually owns those regardless.

So it looks fcked up because the label owns the actual masters and then they own the licensing.
Which they will get paid from both when the song is being used.

So what I was describing in my other post was the fact that at someone's job, they make and create things. But when they leave that company they don't own nothing they created.
Simply because this is how companies stay in business and take most of the risk.
You only work there.

Edit: I wrote all that. And now I see why u said I'm talking about the masters.
Ur saying that the actual recordings should be the only thing the label owns because the artist produced the recordings in the studio for the label.
Like a person at a regular job. I Gotcha.
Good point.

But the publishing should be fully owned by the artist?

And I'm still saying NO. An artist is basically contracted out to do a work. And whether it be the physical recordings or licensing ownership, the label should have rights to that.

1. IT SEEMS YOU KEEP MISSING
THE PART ABOUT PUFF OWNING
THEIR PUBLISHING FOR EVERY
PIECE OF WORK THEY EVER DO
REGARDLESS OF WHOS LABEL
ITS ON?

2. "When an artist sells their publishing rights, they are giving up the rights to their music, including royalties and other revenue streams. This can be beneficial for both the artist and the buyer, but it's a decision that should be made carefully and with consideration"

mag357

Superstar
Daps

1. IT SEEMS YOU KEEP MISSING
THE PART ABOUT PUFF OWNING
THEIR PUBLISHING FOR EVERY
PIECE OF WORK THEY EVER DO
REGARDLESS OF WHOS LABEL
ITS ON?

2. "When an artist sells their publishing rights, they are giving up the rights to their music, including royalties and other revenue streams. This can be beneficial for both the artist and the buyer, but it's a decision that should be made carefully and with consideration"

Where did u get the bolded from bruh

The definition that u quoted is right. But they give up their publishing for their catalog as bad boy artist. And that's only the licensing side
That's all he has rights to.

Edit: when someone sells their publishing rights they sell it for a particular catalog. It isn't for everything they'll do ever.
Like future sold his old catalog. But if he makes more music, the buyers don't own his new work.

Last edited: