Albums Dave East - Survival (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Yes they do. Uptown a lot of young nikkas fukk with and look up to East I can’t speak for other places especially in BK where that drill shyt is so predominant. He a 30 year old man and don’t got the youngings on lock like a A-Boogie or Lil TJay but to say young nikkas don’t fukk with him is bullshyt.

Nikka said Envy Caine. That dusty nikka got like one video with 1M views.

East don’t make turn up music like Big Drip and Welcome to the Party.
East is older than 30. Pretty sure he’s 34, though that’s practically the same as 30. :yeshrug:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Name the product that sounds exactly like this one. Lol. U nikkas don’t even be listening to artists but having all the criticism in the world.
nikka I be there day 1 with East music since I heard Hate me Now. This new shyt ain’t even better than that. His one dimensional flow is not unique enough to get away with it like Too Short or someone like Da Baby. When I heard Hate me now I thought he had a bright future. I didn’t think that would be his peak smh

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
nikka I be there day 1 with East music since I heard Hate me Now. This new shyt ain’t even better than that. His one dimensional flow is not unique enough to get away with it like Too Short or someone like Da Baby. When I heard Hate me now I thought he had a bright future. I didn’t think that would be his peak smh
Most rappers peak within their first few projects you not really saying nothing. Once the label got you making music for them quality dips somewhat because you have to make them songs for the masses. I also think Hate Me Now is his best project but to act like this album is trash or his work after is trash is some BS. :mjlol:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
:gucci: Damn the Coli ain’t got no love for Dave East? Maybe I need to play it again but I thought it was good (if unspectacular) on my first two listens. My only complaint is nothing really screams ‘ok this is the album now’ any more than his best mixtapes (Karma, Paranoia 2 and Kairi)

A lot of these goofy dudes listen to these pilled up Travis Scott knockoffs.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Most rappers peak within their first few projects you not really saying nothing. Once the label got you making music for them quality dips somewhat because you have to make them songs for the masses. I also think Hate Me Now is his best project but to act like this album is trash or his work after is trash is some BS. :mjlol:
Most rappers

it’s a lot of them that improve to or at the least develop a unique style

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Kairi Chanel is just as good if not better.