Albums Dave East - Survival (Discussion Thread)

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why though ?

even though his albums are inconsistent and mediocre to a degree, the only thing I can think of musically why someone would hate on him is is voice. its not rugged so he sounds better on certain tracks than others. other than that, he is better than probably 75-80% of these new age rappers and definitely at the head of his class. its rappers out now that are just as successful as he is if not more AND they dont have the female fans he has, yet he is much better than. I think that is a testament to them finding a core base and working it to death while he struggles at that.

again, as far as Survival, its not that this album doesnt have enough good songs to be great, it has too many bad ones.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Why though ?
He’s from New York is the first reason. I really don’t know what the other reasons are. The Coli just picks and chooses certain rappers to hate on. It’s kinda like how the internet always tries to shyt on J Cole but u will barely find anyone who doesn’t fukk wit Cole in real life.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Give it a 7.5 outta 10, penthouse was unnecessary, remove e40 verse, baby track, track with lil baby not needed... but I've listened to it like 4 times and still sounds good :yeshrug:
I can see that Penthouse being a vibe!! At the right time. I like it.

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nikkas really not fukkin with Penthouse:dahell:

Before the adlibs I said to myself it's a nipsey track :bryan:

That rich nikka motivation music :obama:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Think I judged too quickly

The intro is growing on me :wow:

A couple chick songs too many but I understand the direction of the album. It's a commercial debut. The deep and hard shyt is for the mixtapes

Won't have to worry about that on What Would Chine Gun Do.

Daps
He’s from New York is the first reason. I really don’t know what the other reasons are. The Coli just picks and chooses certain rappers to hate on. It’s kinda like how the internet always tries to shyt on J Cole but u will barely find anyone who doesn’t fukk wit Cole in real life.
wouldnt say hate.. but, outside of features- i never cared for J. Cole like that.. :hubie:

gonna peep this later today, tho.. that project w/Styles P is still in rotation..

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Solid effort . If he woulda trimmed some fat it woulda been pretty cohesive and memorable . Saving some loosies tho . He’s sticking to his guns and I can’t be mad at that, particularly since he’s so influenced by the 90s era .

A187

All Star
Daps
What's going on got me like
giphy.gif