Albums Dave East - Survival (Discussion Thread)

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
:francis: The problem with the position you or anyone else is taking is it isn’t rooted in fact. There are ways of gauging this in this day & age. It’s called streams & views

This is the man’s lead single from his major label debut. It currently stands at 2.7 million views having been released a month ago

That’s not good...at all.

Those are interview numbers for a popping artist. Do young boys in the city fukk with him? I’ll take your word for it...Since he’s come on the scene I might have heard nikkax playing his music like 3 or 4 times and I’m uptown

Kodak
Boogie
NBA

Young nikkax fukk with them and the numbers support

young nikkas dont fukk with him, look at drill artist like pop smoke, fivio foreign, and envy caine they doing better numbers than east

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Why does East's voice sound weird at the start of Baby, kinda ruins it
he does that phaser/pitch up effect when he's trying to paint a picture of his younger self rapping or from someone else view point. it worked on this track

Daps
im lost, here what do you mean:why:

lol When you confront people with reason/metrics on the topic they get emotional and act like you have something against Dave or they have a difficult time with reason. It’s one thing to tell me you like someone’s music but this is the wrong day & age to act like an artist is poppin when they’re really not

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
lol When you confront people with reason/metrics on the topic they get emotional and act like you have something against Dave or they have a difficult time with reason. It’s one thing to tell me you like someone’s music but this is the wrong day & age to act like an artist is poppin when they’re really not
i mean i can't speak for that other poster but over i know kids under 21 on my side aren't listening to east like that. every house party i go to it's dead ass pop smoke or every other drill rapper before an east song comes into rotation

mr x

Superstar
Daps
What's going on got me like
giphy.gif

Ditto.

:whew:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
young nikkas dont fukk with him, look at drill artist like pop smoke, fivio foreign, and envy caine they doing better numbers than east
Yes they do. Uptown a lot of young nikkas fukk with and look up to East I can’t speak for other places especially in BK where that drill shyt is so predominant. He a 30 year old man and don’t got the youngings on lock like a A-Boogie or Lil TJay but to say young nikkas don’t fukk with him is bullshyt.

Nikka said Envy Caine. That dusty nikka got like one video with 1M views.

East don’t make turn up music like Big Drip and Welcome to the Party.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yes they do. Uptown a lot of young nikkas fukk with and look up to East I can’t speak for other places especially in BK where that drill shyt is so predominant. He a 30 year old man and don’t got the youngings on lock like a A-Boogie or Lil TJay but to say young nikkas don’t fukk with him is bullshyt.

This is all facts. I live uptown so I know for a fact nikkas fukk wit him up here.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH

This is all facts. I live uptown so I know for a fact nikkas fukk wit him up here.

I'm not saying they dont fukk with him at all im saying compared to his younger contemporaries i dont hear being put that much into rotation.

I'm 25 so a lot of people my age listen to east but i dont really hear people under 21 rocking with his music like that except for a few here and there

location may also be a factor when i was in bed-stuy all i heard was this nikka pop smoke, i was like yall dont get tired of the same album being put in rotation shyt was mad :what: