Albums Dave East - Survival (Discussion Thread)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Listening to it now while I get ready/on my commute.

Intro is ok.
Turned Penthouse after the first verse. The hook is awful.
Godfather 4 is the song that grabs you. Shouldn't happen at track three, but it is what it is.

I actually liked Penthouse, but that type of song shouldn’t be the second track on an album, that’s like a deep album cut, number 12 or something

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
this is what people expected from Dave.......an absolutely average album.
listening to it I'm sitting there like outside of the Nas joint, what am I really going to listen to again from this album ?

he has flashes but for the most the bars are nothing to write home about, forgettable. nothing on here had me starting the songs again.
the beat selection is pretty strong but I felt he did some wrong things with certain beats.
concepts are cool but he didn't really pull them off interestingly enough. just absolute run of the mill material.

even the guests aren't anything to write home about.
Nas apart but even then that feels like a Nas song to me. Lil Baby gave Dave a worse verse than he gave to some kids in London.

this what happens when you take too long to put your debut album out and put out "heat check" releases. songs that should have been on your album end up on other shyt, songs you record and save for your album end up falling out of favor because you done them ages ago.

:yeshrug:

Hate Me Now still his best release.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
this is what people expected from Dave.......an absolutely average album.
listening to it I'm sitting there like outside of the Nas joint, what am I really going to listen to again from this album ?

he has flashes but for the most the bars are nothing to write home about, forgettable. nothing on here had me starting the songs again.
the beat selection is pretty strong but I felt he did some wrong things with certain beats.
concepts are cool but he didn't really pull them off interestingly enough. just absolute run of the mill material.

even the guests aren't anything to write home about.
Nas apart but even then that feels like a Nas song to me. Lil Baby gave Dave a worse verse than he gave to some kids in London.

this what happens when you take too long to put your debut album out and put out "heat check" releases. songs that should have been on your album end up on other shyt, songs you record and save for your album end up falling out of favor because you done them ages ago.

:yeshrug:

Hate Me Now still his best release.
Kairi Chanel

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Big East fan but not what I expected at all

The music he been previewing he never released sounded way better

Maybe itll grow on me