Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
Here's a rare jewel... Dave Chappelle freestyling for 3hrs straight. Imagine The Bird Revelation on steroids.

Wow. Great find.

Even though Dave spent more than 10 years "off the (mainstream) grid," he really does have so much material out there that his fans could never get bored. He's got four Netflix specials now, three other specials on HBO and Showtime, two seasons of Chappelle's Show plus the Lost Episodes, starring roles in some dope movies, then various other shyt like Inside the Actor's Studio and SNL and Block Party and this four-hour gem on YouTube.

Considering he left it all when at the top of his game for like 12 years, it's really an amazing catalog of material.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Wow. Great find.

Even though Dave spent more than 10 years "off the (mainstream) grid," he really does have so much material out there that his fans could never get bored. He's got four Netflix specials now, three other specials on HBO and Showtime, two seasons of Chappelle's Show plus the Lost Episodes, starring roles in some dope movies, then various other shyt like Inside the Actor's Studio and SNL and Block Party and this four-hour gem on YouTube.

Considering he left it all when at the top of his game for like 12 years, it's really an amazing catalog of material.
You including his half hour HBO special in that?

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
I agree with this but I think the mileage was racist shyt like the nikkar family, and the other racist skits. Like how for every thought provoking or just funny skit he had to pay them in something racist. I actually don't think his sanity was ever at risk, just him not wanting to go against his morals.
nikkar family was early into the show. The PIxie sketch bothered him a lot. I think it has to do with him being a caricature for racist thoughts and just burn out from the show. He's been open about people walking up to him and saying "RICK JAMES, bytch" in front of his kids and shyt. Probably wanted to get away from hollywood fukkery/celebriality.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Both specials were fantastic and his outlook of the current fukkery tearing through the US is pretty close to mine, specially in regards to Louis CK.

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
Did The Bird Revelation in The Belly Room at The Comedy Store :ohhh:

If I ever go to L.A., I've got to see a show there

I really enjoyed how he made that crowd feel uncomfortable in that special. Going to see Chappelle live is one of those things now people like to brag about just to say they were there, I know for sure they weren't expecting to see that type of show

Last edited:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Dave is crazy :russ: I preferred Equanimity over Bird Revelation but both of them were great. I especially thought that kick her in the p*ssy punchline scheme was genius :mjlol:

With that said, I have a question. I was wondering how does Dave clear his references of people legally. I mean like when he mentions Nas or Iceberg Slim does he have to get an okay ahead of time. I know if he says something that isn't true they can try to sue for slander or libel. Especially someone like Caitliyn Jenner.