Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The great thing about all of this is Dave is truly in a position to not give a fukk what anyone thinks. We gotta enjoy this shyt while it lasts. No other high profile comedian is telling it like it is and there won’t be any time soon with the way things are headed

Came in to say this. This dude done figured out how to escape the Matrix. That dude is completely unplugged and free to do whatever.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
They lack programming. It’s probably why they gave him a 50/50 split only to change their minds later. And if he signed a contract and they signed contract and he generated so much money isn’t he still entitled to his money? Did I misss a case or something?
they actually dont lack programming, they juat dont air a lot of shyt in their library in syndication

Drizzy Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Longtime Chappelle fan. The messages were really on point. The comedy, however, was not. Watched them both and was disappointed that I really didn’t laugh much.

Felt more like watching a guest speaker or lecturer that happened to be funny at times rather than your typical “stand up” special.

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
Mike Jack: Ain't nobody trying to suck your dikk nikka! I was trying to show you a better life!
4876-aa29496bb32d9fe58d5846c6e87937c2.jpg

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
give it a lil more time
bytchass Amerikkkans gonna fukk up comedy next.
gonna be coming to shows to sit there quiet with the
:beli: face just to run home and write their lil shytty reviews.
my son really might not make it in this era of bytchassness.
smh
They already have breh..
The shyt they did to my nikka Tracy Morgan:snoop:
And the shyt he said was light weight..
We just have to face it..
We are in the era of brittle spirit,p*ssyfied people..
Men and women..

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They already have breh..
The shyt they did to my nikka Tracy Morgan:snoop:
And the shyt he said was light weight..
We just have to face it..
We are in the era of brittle spirit,p*ssyfied people..
Men and women..

Had it not been for that accident, Tracy Morgan's career was virtually on it's death bed because of that too.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Longtime Chappelle fan. The messages were really on point. The comedy, however, was not. Watched them both and was disappointed that I really didn’t laugh much.

Felt more like watching a guest speaker or lecturer that happened to be funny at times rather than your typical “stand up” special.

Maybe you need to switch to Dane Cook then? :yeshrug:

You’re never going to get back the “For What It’s Worth” Chappelle. And that’s how you know he’s authentic.

I’ve been a long time fan too. Saw him at a college in Massachusetts in the spring of 2000 and about 5 times (the last time in Hollywood last year) since then. The mans grown up. I think I’ve grown up with him. Because to me he’s just as hilarious. But in a deeper way.

Before he used to hide social commentary inside of skits or funny stories. (Spoonful of sugar helps the medicene go down). Now he’s not afraid to just come out and say it. I like this Chappelle better.