Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They really reaching by saying he was defending ck, he did nothing of the sort. I took it as him saying people need to stop letting themselves be victims in certain situations, and the way he follows it up with how women who were sexually assaulted need to get ready cause the real power players ain’t gonna forget they gonna learn and adapt.

It’s a damn shame so many can’t see the value in what Dave was saying, sure he ain’t perfect and may offend you but actually listen to valuable information he giving you.
Oh they see it but they want to run with their narrative and try to have everyone think like them.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The great thing about all of this is Dave is truly in a position to not give a fukk what anyone thinks. We gotta enjoy this shyt while it lasts. No other high profile comedian is telling it like it is and there won’t be any time soon with the way things are headed

Daps
Reppin
St louis
it's nothing they can do to dave.
theyve already tried to destroy him.
Dave is the most powerful comedian
because the trappings of hollywood has
no power over him...
Dave wants to make people laugh,
smoke weed,listen to hiphop and be
left alone on his farm with his family.
he dont have to spread his ass for hollywood.
:jawalrus:

wat6rr.jpg

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I agree on the freedom he has. Chris used to be like that but I seriously doubt we'll see that rawness other then Trump jokes.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
here they come :wow:

and this woman hasn't even watched it :wow:

I knew exactly how she would look as I scrolled down. And I knew the exact kind of “parent” she would be too.

It’s always these feminist “types” making mountains out of molehills.

Last edited:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
they run them shyts all the time
They lack programming. It’s probably why they gave him a 50/50 split only to change their minds later. And if he signed a contract and they signed contract and he generated so much money isn’t he still entitled to his money? Did I misss a case or something?

TillWeDie

All Star
Daps

This nikka might be the greatest comedic mind of our time and we were robbed of his presence for over a decade. :mjcry:
He became even bolder because he was gone though sort of like Bane in Batman

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
They lack programming. It’s probably why they gave him a 50/50 split only to change their minds later. And if he signed a contract and they signed contract and he generated so much money isn’t he still entitled to his money? Did I misss a case or something?

Since he walked away from the show, that would probably void any agreement that was in place with the network.

Comedy Central more than likely considered his leaving the show a breach of contract. They would continue to control any content that he developed with him, and perhaps let him keep any money they advanced to him as a settlement to avoid litigation.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Bird Revelation pretty much kills the Chris Rock comparisons and shows why Dave is on another level
Yeah I never like the rock comparisons. Let me tell you something, in my opinion.

I believe Paul Mooney is one of the best comedians to ever do it and he was a trailblazer because so many people came from his tree. He was best friends with Pyror, wrote a lot of his material, wrote for Eddie and mentored him and countless others. Helped spike with his earlier movies, was a writer and creator of homie the clown for in living color and many other things.

He always said REAL comedy is suppose to be truthful and make some uncomfortable. He also mentioned Dave and wrote on Chappelle's show.

Chappelle's comedy now is a better Version of Mooney's. Unappologetic and makes some uncomfortable. Seriously think about his Kap joke about kneeling, or what he said about white men and transgender.

That is equivalent of Mooney's "complexion for the protection" bit. Or when Mooney talked about Mike, and how if it was black families from the inner city accusing Mike of molesting, he would've fought you in the street before he gave you a dime. Because in Mooney's words "white folks scare nikkas" so mike got his nikka wake up call..

Both men are brilliant at being funny but making you think even more.