Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Watched it last night, sh!t was brilliant. I couldn't wait to search for articles and comment sections today. White liberal types are mad as hell and I love it. Was all good when it was a Black comedian being self deprecating and giving white people an okay to laugh along with us at ourselves. Now, he's poking fun at trannys, feminists, etc., and they can't stand it. I love it.

How'd he describe white chicks in entertainment again? A brittle spirit? I loved it.
Brittle spirit is now in my vocabulary :russ:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Watched it last night, sh!t was brilliant. I couldn't wait to search for articles and comment sections today. White liberal types are mad as hell and I love it. Was all good when it was a Black comedian being self deprecating and giving white people an okay to laugh along with us at ourselves. Now, he's poking fun at trannys, feminists, etc., and they can't stand it. I love it.

How'd he describe white chicks in entertainment again? A brittle spirit? I loved it.
:mjlol: when he was making fun of ol girl cause she said louis ck was jerkin off while on the phone with her... dave just like ..... why you still on the phone:dwillhuh:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I loved both specials, didn't like the little not to appease the lgbt crowd by throwing in the titty fukkin a tranny bit(felt like he did that because of the controversy from the last special and it took me out of it for the next joke) but other than that :wow:
Breh. I don’t think the image of him titty fukking a tranny is doing anyone any favors. Doubt he did that to appease the LGBT crowd. If anything objectifying a tranny probably further angered them.

Chappelle is going to offend everyone. And if him tittyfukking a tranny offends you it doesn’t mean he told the joke to kiss LGBT ass.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
annoys the shyt out of me that i cant find the kardinal offishal song played at the end of equanimity (lank anybody ?)

they were both very strong in my book, dude is on a different level than everyone else, chris is jay and dave is nas

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Both specials were classic. I liked equanimity because of how witty the punchlines were like how he started with "kick her in the puzzy".

He went heavy with the LGBT trans stuff but he was just showing how because everyone has a platform people have become hyper sensitive of fake outrage.

The bird revelation was very dark. But really all "revelations" are truth to power and should be dark. What he said about Kap, kneeling, and topping it off with OJ was the epitome of brilliance.

And how he told the iceberg slim story coinciding it with his departure from comedy Central will be talked about for years. It was simple, yet complex and made so much sense. So many hidden gems.

I also picked up how he before he got heavy in the dialogue of that story he pointed to the audience and said it can happen to you or something to that nature by working 9-5.

And by that, you can pretty much get walked out ANY of job at any company you don't own. No matter how much you asskiss or throw people under the bus, you can still be let go. We're hoes & bottom bytches to the employer.. It's a cold game..

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

3:00 minutes onwards. This references Dave Chappelle’s Iceberg Slim joke.

Respect to Katt for that wow i never saw that before. Them cacs are cold they really said "nah we cant let u cash on your hard work"! And the game changer that netflix is can elevate this man even higher than the legend he already is. Not saying that they dont have the same shrewd business tactics but until they are big enough to compete with the hollywood heavyweights they will need to give out competitive money and back end percentages to lure the big talent like dave and rock over there

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Breh. I don’t think the image of him titty fukking a tranny is doing anyone any favors. Doubt he did that to appease the LGBT crowd. If anything objectifying a tranny probably further angered them.

Chappelle is going to offend everyone. And if him tittyfukking a tranny offends you it doesn’t mean he told the joke to kiss LGBT ass.

Nah, I wasn't offended at all, just seemed like an easy way to lessen the blow of the joke... I was just hoping he didn't go that route because I saw it coming a mile away once he set it up.

I ain't gon' lie tho, that shyt about the hostages and the gay dude yellin out "I'M THIRSTY" had me :dead: