Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
it's been said a bunch of times in here already, but Dave is a comedic genius :wow:

His storytelling ability is on another level when compared to other comedians. shyt is like :lupe: compared to most other rappers, he isn't the first but just might be the most complex and intricate storyteller. You go back and look at the homeless guy jerkin off on he bus to what he is doing now is incredible. Noted it in the first 2 specials, but it got to be repeated :wow:

I thought both specials were both funny, one didn't lap another to me because while Equanimity might have more jokes, the OJ kneeling joke was probably the funniest of all of them to me. :mjlol:

The messages in both specials can't be overlooked either especially in today's social media infused world. Doubt things really change, but it is great to see a comedian bring logic and commonsense to the discussion while showing respect, and it seems like only Dave is really capable of that now a days.

lmao those two white bytches in the front row of the second show were not amused :russ:

Breh he didn't even bother look at them at all :mjlol:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I ain't even gon lie. That shyt wasn't funny. My wife and I finished the first one and I had to tap out about 10 minutes into the second one. Probably won't finish it.

Bird Revelation wasn't supposed to be funny. Dave just changed the game but you won't know for years. This is the greatest thing I've ever seen. He just changed my life.:mindblown:

Jards

All Star
Daps
in terms of traditional stand up, Equanimity is better...but the one I may re-watch more is The Bird Revelation.

That shyt was fukking GOSPEL.
Loved Bird Revelation. The other 3 specials I'd probably skip to the highlights (and there were some fukking highlights :wow: "Draymond Green" :russ:) but Bird Revelation Dave was spitting hardcore facts. How he broke down how society tears down the nikkas standing up for something (i.e Kap) was great.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Bird revelation made them so uncomfortable :russ::blessed::banderas:

Watched it last night, sh!t was brilliant. I couldn't wait to search for articles and comment sections today. White liberal types are mad as hell and I love it. Was all good when it was a Black comedian being self deprecating and giving white people an okay to laugh along with us at ourselves. Now, he's poking fun at trannys, feminists, etc., and they can't stand it. I love it.

How'd he describe white chicks in entertainment again? A brittle spirit? I loved it.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Bird Revelation wasn't supposed to be funny. Dave just changed the game but you won't know for years. This is the greatest thing I've ever seen. He just changed my life.:mindblown:
I feel you. I was tired last night when I tried to watch it. I got some rest and watched it this morning by myself and it's some of the most though provoking things I've ever seen mixed with a lot of humor. Watching it with fresh eyes made all the difference.