Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Bird Revelation has some of the DEEPEST jewels I’ve ever heard in any medium, let alone a stand up special :wow:

The only comedian willing to get that deep is Paul Mooney, and what sets him apart from Chappelle is that Mooney comes across as angry in a way that Is straight etherous and dismissive to white People (nothing wrong with that) while Chappelle has perfected the art of making his observations on race SEEM more inclusive.

The Iceberg Slim analogy has so many layers we’ll be breaking that one down for years...

Matter fact I’m willing to say that Bird Revelation might be the deepest special since Paul Mooney’s own Race

Last edited:

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
Bird Revelation has some of the DEEPEST jewels I’ve ever heard in any medium, let alone a stand up special :wow:

The only comedian willing to get that deep is Paul Mooney, and what sets him apart from Chappelle is that Mooney comes across as angry in a way that Is straight etherous and dismissive to white People (nothing wrong with that) while Chappelle has perfected the art of making his observations in race SEEM more inclusive.

The Iceberg Slim analogy has so many layers we’ll be breaking that one down for years...

Matter fact I’m willing to say that Bird Revelation might be the deepest special since Paul Mooney’s own Race

he was definitely on some Mooney shyt for that special, dude brought the stool out for a reason :wow:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I ain't even gon lie. That shyt wasn't funny. My wife and I finished the first one and I had to tap out about 10 minutes into the second one. Probably won't finish it.

Daps

He basically confirms that he left his show because Comedy Central tried to take over his shyt and break him down as a performer to do it, right? It wasn't so much about seeing that dumb white dude laughing the wrong way after all.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He basically confirms that he left his show because Comedy Central tried to take over his shyt and break him down as a performer to do it, right? It wasn't so much about seeing that dumb white dude laughing the wrong way after all.

It was probably an algorithm of it all

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Same here.

I just honestly thought it felt more like a conversation than it did a comedy special. Which is dope.

I liked that the first one felt like a show, and the second one felt like an personal conversation.
If anyone hates on that, but loves George Carlin content, I KNOW they're full of shyt.

Dave is ELITE level right now.

Good god. :wow:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Bird Revelation was definitely my favorite, he was spitting some real in that one. Pay attention to a lot faces in the audience, they was liking what they were hearing.

The only comedian willing to get that deep is Paul Mooney, and what sets him apart from Chappelle is that Mooney comes across as angry in a way that Is straight etherous and dismissive to white People (nothing wrong with that) while Chappelle has perfected the art of making his observations in race SEEM more inclusive.

he was definitely on some Mooney shyt for that special, dude brought the stool out for a reason :wow:

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
“Kick her in the pu**y”

Equanimity was definitely better than the first two.

Anyone notice how the audience kept changing? Did they film this in a 3 day span and take the best from each concert?

Edit- just watched part 2. It wasn’t the funniest, but it was my favorite. I love the small intimate setting. The iceberg slim story was so deep, definitely shows you a part of the industry that many don’t openly discuss. He definitely portrayed himself as the “down bottom bytch”. I think this might be the last of dave for quite sometime.

Last edited:

satireprod

Superstar
Daps

at the bolded co-sign

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Equanimity might be my favorite of these newest 4.

The Bird Revelation is the most interesting out of the bunch. Lotta jewels dropped but less laugh out loud funny.

Spoilers below.

I gotta watch the iceberg slim part again. In the analogy, he's the bottom bytch, right? But he figured out the game?

That's what I was kind of thinking too