Darren Aronofsky's Mother! (Trailer) starring Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yo, I don't even know how this shyt got made...but it's quite the experience.

I feel kinda gross that part of my enjoyment came from knowing that most of the people in the theater with me were hating it :dead:

And while I definitely see the religious or even environmental takes, I was all-in on the tortured artist allegory after about 30 minutes. Not every little bit clicked, but a lot really worked on that level for me.
Gross? That's the best feeling in the world. :ducreux:

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
saw it earlier

basically if you like films that are open to interpretation and make you think, then you will enjoy this film. if youre the opposite type of movie goer who likes simplicity and everything spelled out for them, don't even bother watching..

for what its worth i've seen a couple jennifer lawrence interviews lately and she keep reiterating that the house represents earth.

Daps
Just got back from a second viewing. A lot more emotionally flat than I initially thought it was, whether the detachment is intentional or not doesn't work IMO. Which is a shame because everything (sans CGI and the ending) flows really well, especially the 2nd act. Still wasn't put off by how on the nose it was either.

Definitely one of the best theater experiences I've had.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Just got back from a second viewing. A lot more emotionally flat than I initially thought it was, whether the detachment is intentional or not doesn't work IMO. Which is a shame because everything (sans CGI and the ending) flows really well, especially the 2nd act. Still wasn't put off by how on the nose it was either.

Definitely one of the best theater experiences I've had.
Friday night viewing so I'm assuming lots of people were there. What was their reaction?

Seedz

Hate White People
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Friday night viewing so I'm assuming lots of people were there. What was their reaction?

Mine had a couple people walk out. Noticed some laughter throughout due to some of the absurdity of it all. Probably didn't know how else to react but laugh. Guy next to me definitely didn't realize the kind of movie he signed up for, kept putting his hands up in a kind of WTF motion, especially during the climax.

Definitely some gasps of shock/disgust during "the scene".

I just feel like a lot of people thought they were gonna see some kind of home invasion thriller...
I guess they were kind of right lol just not in the way they thought.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
The entire film is a religious allegory. Mother = Mary, Him = God, the older couple = Adam and Eve, their sons = Cain and Abel, Mother's child = Jesus.
:usure:

Martha
I already know that.

I was just saying my wife had an interesting viewpoint while i was completely lost.

It went over my head lol...i think i was overthinking it and looking for a twist the whole time lol

But i read an article about what you said afterwards too.